Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
2. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
3. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
4. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
Discuss what Ruth embodies for Starbuck. How does she affect Starbuck's experiences after her death? What is her overall purpose in "Jailbird"?
Discuss madness and psychosis in "Jailbird." How do people develop instability? How it is handled? What is Vonnegut's purpose for using psychosis in the larger narrative ?
Real historical events are what drive the story and define the characters of "Jailbird." Discuss the force of reality on this fictional story.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)