Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
2. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
3. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
4. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the metaphor of Fender's story of "Vicuna."
Essay Topic 2
Starbuck's soul is a frequent topic of discussion. Does Starbuck have a soul? If he does, what is its condition? As Mary Kathleen dies, she recognizes his lack of a soul and offers him some consolation. Discuss Starbuck's soul and morality in the context of himself and his surroundings.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how "Jailbird" comments on the falsehood of personalities and why people paint themselves as they do.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)