|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
2. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
3. What did Starbuck take from Mary Kathleen's belongings?
4. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
5. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the metaphor of Fender's story of "Vicuna."
Essay Topic 2
Real historical events are what drive the story and define the characters of "Jailbird." Discuss the force of reality on this fictional story.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout "Jailbird" events foreshadow others, weaving the story together by more than plot. Discuss the use of foreshadowing in "Jailbird" and the effect on the narrative.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)