Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
2. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
3. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
4. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
Vonnegut discusses a fan letter in the prologue, which says "love may fail, but courtesy will prevail." Discuss how this works as a theme in the book and its angle on humanity and society in "Jailbird."
Discuss how Starbuck's narrative voice reflects his mind and the effect on the reader's experience and understanding.
Starbuck discusses he has only loved four women in his life. Those women are Sarah, Mary Kathleen, Ruth, and his mother. Discuss how Starbuck loves. What is his impact on those people, and what is their influence over him?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)