|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
2. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
3. What did Starbuck become involved with because of Sarah?
4. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
5. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
2. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
3. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
4. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
5. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
6. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
7. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
8. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
9. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
10. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss whose story "Jailbird" is telling.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tool of RAMJAC and how this prominent corporation reflects Vonnegut's ideas about capitalism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the metaphor of Fender's story of "Vicuna."
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)