|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Starbuck's son work?
2. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
3. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
4. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
5. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
2. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
3. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
4. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
5. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
6. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
7. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
8. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
9. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
10. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how memory affects characters. Include the significance one's memories have on the individual and the individual's actions. How do the memories of one individual affect others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tool of RAMJAC and how this prominent corporation reflects Vonnegut's ideas about capitalism.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Ruth embodies for Starbuck. How does she affect Starbuck's experiences after her death? What is her overall purpose in "Jailbird"?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)