|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
2. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
3. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
4. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
5. Where were Ruth and Starbuck transferred after their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
2. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
3. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
4. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
5. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
6. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
7. Is "The Sermon on the Mount" a reasonable defense for Sacco and Vanzetti? Why or why not?
8. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
9. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
10. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the tool of RAMJAC and how this prominent corporation reflects Vonnegut's ideas about capitalism.
Essay Topic 2
Starbuck, even after spending years in prison, continues to commit crime. Discuss Starbuck's decisions. Why does he do what he does? What does he think will happen?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how memory affects characters. Include the significance one's memories have on the individual and the individual's actions. How do the memories of one individual affect others?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)