|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(b) The American people.
(c) Starbuck and his friends.
(d) Her family.
2. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
(a) All night.
(b) Two days.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) An hour.
3. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He's bored by the conversation.
(b) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(c) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
4. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) The harp showroom.
(d) Her house.
5. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a miner.
(b) He was a student.
(c) He was an artist.
(d) He was a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
2. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
3. How does Starbuck find Mary Kathleen?
4. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
5. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
2. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
3. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
4. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
5. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
6. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
7. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
8. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
9. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
10. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)