|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
2. How does Starbuck find Mary Kathleen?
(c) Her voice.
(d) A trail of blood.
3. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
4. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
(b) There would be a media frenzy.
(c) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
(d) She would have come back from the dead.
5. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
(a) A congratulations party.
(b) A farewell party.
(c) A welcome home party.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
2. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
3. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
4. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
5. Why does Leen kiss Starbuck's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
2. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
3. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
4. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
5. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
6. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
7. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
8. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
9. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
10. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)