|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) Starbuck and his friends.
(b) Her family.
(c) The American people.
2. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) With her body.
(c) A safety deposit box.
(d) With Clewes.
3. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
(b) She would have come back from the dead.
(c) There would be a media frenzy.
(d) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
4. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
5. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
(a) He was set up with the Watergate Scandal.
(b) Sarah has married Clewes.
(c) McCone is his real father.
(d) Mrs. Graham and Mary Kathleen are the same person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
2. What pleasant surprise does Starbuck have in the diner?
3. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
4. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
5. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
2. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
3. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
4. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
5. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
6. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
7. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
8. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
9. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
10. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)