|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(c) Short story.
(d) Book review.
2. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
3. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
(a) She knows what he did.
(b) He should give her money.
(c) He needs to get away from her.
(d) She knows him.
4. Who is Clewes' wife?
(b) Mary Kathleen.
(d) Starbuck's sister.
5. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's missed him.
(b) He is happy to be out.
(c) He's sorry.
(d) He forgot about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
2. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
3. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
4. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
5. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
2. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
3. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
4. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
5. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
6. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
7. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
8. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
9. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
10. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)