|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
(c) Heat waves.
2. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
(a) She knows what he did.
(b) He should give her money.
(c) He needs to get away from her.
(d) She knows him.
3. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
(a) Starbuck wasn't made vice president.
(b) There's no memorial statue for her.
(c) RAMJAC belongs to corporations.
(d) She isn't burried next to her husband.
4. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
(a) Like they were bickering parents.
(b) Like they'd never met.
(c) Like they still hated eachother.
(d) Like they did when they were dating.
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Starbuck's dream, what is he doing again?
2. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
3. What is the fate of RAMJAC?
4. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
5. What pleasant surprise does Starbuck have in the diner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
2. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
3. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
4. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
5. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
6. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
7. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
8. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
9. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
10. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)