|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
(a) Like they still hated eachother.
(b) Like they did when they were dating.
(c) Like they'd never met.
(d) Like they were bickering parents.
2. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
(a) She knows him.
(b) He should give her money.
(c) She knows what he did.
(d) He needs to get away from her.
3. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
(a) The next president.
(b) The leader of protests for Sacco and Vanzetti.
(c) Starbuck's lawyer.
(d) The head of RAMJAC.
4. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
5. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) The lobby.
(d) His dresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
2. At Leen's apartment, what are Starbuck and his friends wondering?
3. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
4. How does Starbuck find Mary Kathleen?
5. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
2. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
3. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
4. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
5. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
6. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
7. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
8. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
9. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
10. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)