|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) Where his girlfriends are today.
(b) How he came to be here.
(c) What tomorrow will bring.
(d) What he should eat for dinner.
2. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
(a) She smells bad.
(b) She brought a stranger to his shop.
(c) She didn't bring him lunch.
(d) She owes him a lot of money.
3. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
4. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
(a) She knows what he did.
(b) He should give her money.
(c) He needs to get away from her.
(d) She knows him.
5. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
2. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
3. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
4. Who is Clewes' wife?
5. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
2. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
3. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
4. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
5. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
6. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
7. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
8. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
9. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
10. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)