|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Her marraige.
(c) Her last name.
(d) Starbuck's crimes.
2. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
(a) The leader of protests for Sacco and Vanzetti.
(b) The head of RAMJAC.
(c) Starbuck's lawyer.
(d) The next president.
3. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
(a) He was set up with the Watergate Scandal.
(b) Sarah has married Clewes.
(c) McCone is his real father.
(d) Mrs. Graham and Mary Kathleen are the same person.
4. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
5. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) With her body.
(c) With Clewes.
(d) Under his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
2. Mary Kathleen is concerned there is no _____ in the world.
3. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
4. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
5. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
2. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
3. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
4. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
5. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
6. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
7. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
8. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
9. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
10. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)