|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Starbuck start to cry when seeing Mary Kathleen?
(a) She's ugly.
(b) She is crying.
(c) He's tired.
(d) He's sad.
2. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What tomorrow will bring.
(b) Where his girlfriends are today.
(c) How he came to be here.
(d) What he should eat for dinner.
3. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
(a) His ideals.
(b) His crimes.
(c) His voice.
(d) His jokes.
4. Mary Kathleen is concerned there is no _____ in the world.
5. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) With Clewes.
(c) With her body.
(d) Under his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
2. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
3. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
4. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
5. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
2. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
3. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
4. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
5. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
6. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
7. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
8. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
9. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
10. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)