|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Starbuck's dream, what is he doing again?
2. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
3. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
(a) She didn't bring him lunch.
(b) She brought a stranger to his shop.
(c) She owes him a lot of money.
(d) She smells bad.
4. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
5. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
(d) Music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
2. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
3. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
4. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
5. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
2. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
3. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
4. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
5. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
6. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
7. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
8. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
9. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
10. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)