|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
(a) Starbuck's lawyer.
(b) The next president.
(c) The head of RAMJAC.
(d) The leader of protests for Sacco and Vanzetti.
2. Why did Mary Kathleen receive shock treatments?
(a) To cure her addictions.
(b) To retrieve her memory.
(c) To punish her.
(d) To cure her hallucinations.
3. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
4. Why does Leen kiss Starbuck's hand?
(a) He was sleep walking.
(b) He was told to.
(c) He adores Mrs. Graham.
(d) He has something on his hand.
5. Starbuck tells the harp salesman he is looking for a market for ______.
(a) Clarinet parts.
(d) Forged documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
2. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
3. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
4. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
5. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
2. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
3. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
4. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
5. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
6. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
7. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
8. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
9. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
10. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)