|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary Kathleen still working towards?
(a) The Communist revolution.
(b) Making a million dollars.
(c) Finding her long lost husband.
2. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
(a) When McCone died.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When Sarah yelled at him.
(d) When he found Ruth dead.
3. At Leen's apartment, what are Starbuck and his friends wondering?
(a) Where the food is.
(b) Where Mary Kathleen is.
(c) Why they are with Leen.
(d) What they did to get Mrs. Graham's attention.
4. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(b) Run away.
(c) Get her off the street.
(d) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
5. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) With Clewes.
(b) With her body.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) A safety deposit box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck finds Mary Kathleen in a _______.
2. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
3. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
4. What is the fate of RAMJAC?
5. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
2. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
3. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
4. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
5. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
6. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
7. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
8. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
9. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
10. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)