|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
(a) Her last name.
(b) Her marraige.
(c) Starbuck's crimes.
(d) Her childhood.
2. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
(a) Mr. Graham shot her.
(b) She was poisoned.
(d) She was hit by a taxi.
3. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
4. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Former RAMJAC employees.
(b) Their childhood friends.
(c) Political figures.
(d) Their new wives.
5. Starbuck tells the harp salesman he is looking for a market for ______.
(a) Forged documents.
(b) Clarinet parts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What division of RAMJAC is Starbuck now in charge of?
2. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
3. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
4. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
5. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
2. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
3. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
4. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
5. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
6. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
7. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
8. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
9. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
10. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)