|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Starbuck's dream, what is he doing again?
2. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Covering up a murder.
(b) Lying to the police.
(c) Unlawfully concealing a will.
(d) Stealing clarinet parts.
3. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's missed him.
(b) He's sorry.
(c) He forgot about him.
(d) He is happy to be out.
4. Why does Leen wait on Starbuck so diligently?
(a) He knows she's in bad health.
(b) He is desperate for Mrs. Graham's approval.
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(d) He doesn't want her to talk to anyone.
5. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
2. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
3. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
4. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
5. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
2. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
3. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
4. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
5. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
6. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
7. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
8. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
9. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
10. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)