|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leen wait on Starbuck so diligently?
(a) He is desperate for Mrs. Graham's approval.
(b) He doesn't want her to talk to anyone.
(c) He knows she's in bad health.
(d) He doesn't want to lose his job.
2. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
(a) His crimes.
(b) His voice.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His ideals.
3. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) She liked to party.
(c) To cure herself of her other addictions.
(d) She was hearing voices.
4. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
(a) Her marraige.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Her last name.
(d) Starbuck's crimes.
5. Why did Mary Kathleen receive shock treatments?
(a) To punish her.
(b) To retrieve her memory.
(c) To cure her hallucinations.
(d) To cure her addictions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
2. Leen believes Mrs. Graham is there in disguise _________.
3. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
4. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
5. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
3. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
4. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
5. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
6. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
7. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
8. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
9. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
10. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)