|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) The American people.
(c) Starbuck and his friends.
(d) Her family.
2. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's sorry.
(b) He forgot about him.
(c) He is happy to be out.
(d) He's missed him.
3. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
(a) Vice president.
4. What name is Mary Kathleen buried under?
(a) Her grave is unmarked.
5. What did Starbuck take from Mary Kathleen's belongings?
(a) All her documents.
(b) Her food.
(c) Her photographs.
(d) Her money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
2. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
3. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
4. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
5. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
2. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
3. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
4. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
5. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
6. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
7. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
8. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
9. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
10. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)