|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
(a) Mrs. Graham and Mary Kathleen are the same person.
(b) Sarah has married Clewes.
(c) McCone is his real father.
(d) He was set up with the Watergate Scandal.
2. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) Sarah Wyatt.
(c) The police.
3. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
(d) Music box.
4. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) A safety deposit box.
(b) With Clewes.
(c) With her body.
(d) Under his bed.
5. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Former RAMJAC employees.
(b) Their new wives.
(c) Political figures.
(d) Their childhood friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
2. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
3. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
4. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
5. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
2. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
3. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
4. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
5. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
6. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
7. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
8. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
9. How is Vonnegut invoking the senses of Starbuck's experience in his writing?
10. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)