|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He forgot about him.
(b) He is happy to be out.
(c) He's missed him.
(d) He's sorry.
2. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(b) Get her off the street.
(c) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(d) Run away.
3. What is Mary Kathleen still working towards?
(a) Making a million dollars.
(b) The Communist revolution.
(d) Finding her long lost husband.
4. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
(a) Vice president.
5. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
(a) She owes him a lot of money.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She didn't bring him lunch.
(d) She brought a stranger to his shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
2. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
3. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
4. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
5. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
2. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
3. How does Leen mistake Starbuck for Mrs. Graham?
4. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
5. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
6. Why are Starbuck, Clewes, Edel, and Ubriaco "saints" to Mary Kathleen?
7. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
8. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
9. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
10. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)