|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
(a) Hugging him.
(b) Increasing prices.
(c) Calling the police.
(d) Kicking Mary Kathleen out.
2. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) The lobby.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His dresser.
(d) Under his bed.
3. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He has to meet a friend.
(b) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(c) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(d) He's bored by the conversation.
4. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
(a) She liked to party.
(b) Her husband died.
(c) To cure herself of her other addictions.
(d) She was hearing voices.
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Starbuck's dream, what is he doing again?
2. What division of RAMJAC is Starbuck now in charge of?
3. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
4. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
5. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Clewes accept Starbuck's apology? What is his response?
2. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
3. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
4. Is Starbuck's son actually the monster Starbuck claims him to be? Explain.
5. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
6. What did Starbuck's life with Ruth embody?
7. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
8. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
9. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
10. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)