|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
(b) There would be a media frenzy.
(c) She would have come back from the dead.
(d) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
2. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(b) The police.
3. Why does Leen wait on Starbuck so diligently?
(a) He is desperate for Mrs. Graham's approval.
(b) He doesn't want her to talk to anyone.
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(d) He knows she's in bad health.
4. What is the fate of RAMJAC?
(a) It's going bankrupt.
(b) It's being shut down.
(c) All the pieces are being sold off.
(d) It's being bought up by a biger corporation.
5. Starbuck finds Mary Kathleen in a _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
2. What does Mary Kathleen carry in her plastic bags?
3. What is the bag woman insisting to Starbuck?
4. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
5. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
2. What is ironic about Mary Kathleen's death?
3. Why does Starbuck face more jail time after Mary Kathleen's death?
4. Does Mary Kathleen believe people are good? Why or why not?
5. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
6. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
7. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
8. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
9. Why does Starbuck give the paramedics Mary Kathleen's maiden name?
10. Why should Starbuck have gone to the police in Chapter 11?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)