|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
2. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(a) In code.
(b) In the dark.
(c) To blind people.
3. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) A fine.
(c) Prison time.
(d) He lost all his friends.
4. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
5. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(b) Red ribbon.
(c) Name tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
2. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
3. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
4. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
5. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. After receiving the fan letter, why did Vonnegut feel he didn't need to write this or other books?
2. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
3. How is the theme of interconnection displayed through Starbuck's narrative voice?
4. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
5. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
6. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
7. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
8. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
9. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
10. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)