|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
(a) He was a co-conspirator in Watergate.
(b) He was a friend in college.
(c) He was Starbuck's old therapist.
(d) He was Ruth's brother.
2. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
3. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
(a) A decade.
(b) Two days.
(c) Three years.
(d) A year.
4. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
(a) A rich man's trash can.
(b) A bargain basement.
(c) A celebrity's closet.
(d) An expensive store.
5. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
2. What is Starbuck's relationship with his prison guard?
3. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
4. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
5. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
2. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
3. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
4. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
5. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
6. How is the theme of interconnection displayed through Starbuck's narrative voice?
7. With Sarah, is Starbuck loving or courteous?
8. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
9. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
10. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)