|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(a) A place at Harvard.
(b) A car and a house.
2. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(a) Name tag.
(d) Red ribbon.
3. Why was Starbuck impacted by the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) His father was involved.
(b) It set the tone for his life.
(c) McCone was impacted by it.
(d) He lost money on a bet.
4. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
5. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
2. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
3. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
4. Starbuck sees the Cuyahoga Massacre as a _______.
5. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
Short Essay Questions
1. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
2. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
3. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
4. How is the theme of interconnection displayed through Starbuck's narrative voice?
5. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
6. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
7. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
8. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
9. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
10. How is "a rich man's trash can" a symbol for Starbuck?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)