|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
2. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
(a) The problem with America.
(b) His life.
(c) The idea of his life's work.
(d) The idea of classics.
3. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
4. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Several deaths.
(c) Strict new laws.
(d) A peace treaty.
5. Where were Ruth and Starbuck transferred after their marriage?
(d) Another German city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
2. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
3. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
4. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
5. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
2. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
3. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
4. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
5. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
6. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
7. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
8. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
9. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
10. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)