|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Starbuck's relationship with his prison guard?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are distant relatives.
(d) They are crime partners.
2. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A peace treaty.
(c) Several deaths.
(d) Strict new laws.
3. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_____ may fail."
4. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
5. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
(a) Their population is too great.
(b) They're bored with it.
(c) They heard of a better one.
(d) It's dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
2. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
3. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
4. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
5. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is "The Sermon on the Mount" a reasonable defense for Sacco and Vanzetti? Why or why not?
2. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
3. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
4. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
5. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
6. How is "tension" a major theme in the Prologue?
7. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
8. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
9. How is "a rich man's trash can" a symbol for Starbuck?
10. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)