|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Starbuck met Ruth, what was she?
(a) A concentration camp refugee.
(b) A waitress.
(c) A former model.
(d) A war veteran.
2. Why is Fender, Starbuck's friend, in prison?
3. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His bad jokes.
(c) His bad pronunciation.
(d) His weight problems.
4. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They had lunch once.
(d) They were enemies.
5. Starbuck sees the Cuyahoga Massacre as a _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck realizes that by leaving prison he is rejoining _________.
2. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
3. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
4. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
5. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
2. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
3. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
4. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
5. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
6. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
7. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
8. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
9. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
10. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)