|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
2. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His weight problems.
(c) His bad pronunciation.
(d) His bad jokes.
3. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
4. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
(a) The idea of his life's work.
(b) The problem with America.
(c) His life.
(d) The idea of classics.
5. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) After he was released from prison.
(c) During the Watergate Scandal.
(d) After World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
2. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
3. What did Hapgood do for Sacco and Vanzetti?
4. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
5. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
2. Is "The Sermon on the Mount" a reasonable defense for Sacco and Vanzetti? Why or why not?
3. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
4. How did Starbuck meet his wife, Ruth? Why was the beginning of their relationship rocky?
5. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
6. With Sarah, is Starbuck loving or courteous?
7. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
8. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
9. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
10. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)