|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
(a) They hated each other.
(b) They were friends from high school.
(c) They were good friends.
(d) They met but never spoke.
2. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A long time political battle.
(b) A false accusation.
(c) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
(d) A sibling rivalry.
3. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
(a) They stay together.
(b) The never speak to each other again.
(c) They get married.
(d) They stay good friends.
4. Where did McCone go to college?
5. Mrs. Jack Graham is described as eccentric and _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
2. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
3. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
4. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
5. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
2. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
3. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
4. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
5. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
6. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
7. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
8. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
9. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
10. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)