|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Starbuck become involved with because of Sarah?
(b) The Communist Party.
2. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A musician.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A magician.
(d) A woman.
3. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His editor.
(d) A fan.
4. Where does Starbuck's son work?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) Starbuck's corner store.
(c) The White House.
(d) A diner.
5. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
Short Answer Questions
1. McCone's father was a ______.
2. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
3. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
4. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
5. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
2. After receiving the fan letter, why did Vonnegut feel he didn't need to write this or other books?
3. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
4. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
5. How is "a rich man's trash can" a symbol for Starbuck?
6. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
7. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
8. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
9. How did Starbuck meet his wife, Ruth? Why was the beginning of their relationship rocky?
10. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)