|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He would have chosen a different career.
(b) He wouldn't have written his books.
(c) He would have written back.
(d) He would have had children.
2. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(b) A place at Harvard.
(d) A car and a house.
3. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
4. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
5. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) A banker.
(b) An actor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. In college, how did Clewes betray Starbuck?
2. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
3. Israel Edel now works for ________.
4. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
5. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is "a rich man's trash can" a symbol for Starbuck?
2. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
3. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
4. Why does Starbuck frequently betray people and commit crimes?
5. Why was the Sermon on the Mount reintroduced in the Epilogue?
6. Have Mary Kathleen, Clewes, and Starbuck moved past their ugly past?
7. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
8. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
9. To Mary Kathleen, why does Starbuck have a good heart?
10. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)