|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
2. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To vacation.
(c) To visit family.
(d) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
3. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
(c) National Geographic.
4. The people of Vicuna have the capacity to do what?
(a) Come back to life.
(b) Leave their bodies.
(c) See into the future.
(d) Change their appearance.
5. In prison, what did Larkin do?
(a) Betrayed his friends.
(b) Escaped several times.
(c) Wrote a book.
(d) Became an evangelical Christian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
2. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
3. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
4. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
5. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
2. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
3. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
4. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
5. Why does Starbuck cry in the cab home?
6. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
7. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
8. After receiving the fan letter, why did Vonnegut feel he didn't need to write this or other books?
9. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
10. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)