Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
(a) A red ribbon.
(b) A woman's pin.
(c) The RAMJAC logo.
(d) A name tag.
2. Why is Fender, Starbuck's friend, in prison?
3. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
4. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He gave it away.
(b) It was taken as evidence.
(c) He gambled it away.
(d) He made a bad investment.
5. Israel Edel now works for ________.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) A tailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
2. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
3. In college, how did Starbuck meet Clewes?
4. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
5. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Starbuck cry when he sees Mary Kathleen?
2. How does Starbuck view his role in the universe?
3. Why does the harp salesman want to call the police on Starbuck?
4. What does Mary Kathleen personify? What is Vonnegut saying?
5. How does Starbuck's testimony reflect his life?
6. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
7. How does Leen feel about Mrs. Graham? How can you tell?
8. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen remember the bad things of Starbuck's life?
9. Were Mary Kathleen's dying wishes granted? How so?
10. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)