|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A casino.
(b) A cinema.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A storage room.
2. Where did McCone go to college?
3. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
4. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A long time political battle.
(b) A sibling rivalry.
(c) A false accusation.
(d) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
5. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) It was taken as evidence.
(b) He gave it away.
(c) He gambled it away.
(d) He made a bad investment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
2. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
3. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
4. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
5. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Starbuck meet his wife, Ruth? Why was the beginning of their relationship rocky?
2. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
3. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
4. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
5. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
6. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
7. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
8. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
9. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
10. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)