|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A false accusation.
(b) A long time political battle.
(c) A sibling rivalry.
(d) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
3. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) A sign.
(b) Sarah Wyatt.
(c) The bus.
(d) His belongings.
4. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
5. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Clewes sent to prison?
2. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
3. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
4. In college, how did Clewes betray Starbuck?
5. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
2. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
3. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
4. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
5. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
6. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
7. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
8. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
9. How is "tension" a major theme in the Prologue?
10. How is "a rich man's trash can" a symbol for Starbuck?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)