|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
2. Why was Clewes sent to prison?
(a) He robbed a bank.
(b) He was a Communist.
(c) He killed someone.
(d) He sold government secrets.
3. Where did McCone go to college?
4. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(d) His guilt-ridden past.
5. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
(c) Fire fighter.
(d) Labor unionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
2. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
3. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
4. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
5. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. With Sarah, is Starbuck loving or courteous?
2. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
3. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
4. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
5. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
6. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
7. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
8. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
9. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
10. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)