|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the limo?
(a) A famous actress.
(b) A famous prisoner.
(c) An old friend of Starbuck's.
(d) A child.
2. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A waiter.
(b) A woman.
(c) A magician.
(d) A musician.
3. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) During the Watergate Scandal.
(c) After World War II.
(d) After he was released from prison.
4. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) He lost all his friends.
(b) Prison time.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) A fine.
5. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His bad jokes.
(c) His weight problems.
(d) His bad pronunciation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
2. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
3. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
4. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
5. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
2. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
3. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
4. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
5. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
6. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
7. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
8. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
9. Upon being released from prison, why does Starbuck stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
10. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)