|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He doesn't have any friends.
(b) He's homeless.
(c) He's in hiding.
(d) He's no longer a convict.
2. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
3. McCone's father was a ______.
(c) Movie star.
(d) Factory boss.
4. Where were Ruth and Starbuck transferred after their marriage?
(a) Another German city.
5. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He made a bad investment.
(b) He gave it away.
(c) He gambled it away.
(d) It was taken as evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
2. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
3. Where does one Vicuna soul consider going?
4. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
5. Who leaves the limo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Starbuck meet his wife, Ruth? Why was the beginning of their relationship rocky?
2. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
3. How did Starbuck become involved in the Watergate Scandal?
4. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
5. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
6. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
7. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
8. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
9. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
10. Is "The Sermon on the Mount" a reasonable defense for Sacco and Vanzetti? Why or why not?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)