|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They had lunch once.
(c) They were enemies.
(d) They were college roommates.
2. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
3. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(b) A car and a house.
(c) A place at Harvard.
4. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
5. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) They had a fight.
(b) They drifted apart.
(c) Starbuck betrayed him.
(d) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
2. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
3. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
4. How did the factory workers for the Wyatt family become poisoned?
5. In prison, what did Larkin do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
2. What effect do Starbuck's relationships have on him? What is he relationship with himself?
3. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
4. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
5. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
6. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
7. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
8. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
9. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
10. Did Ruth's prophesy about her son come true? What is the nature of Starbuck and Ruth's son?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)