|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) A woman in the lobby.
(b) Taking the limo.
(c) Staying in New York.
(d) The streets at night.
2. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
3. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(c) His guilt-ridden past.
4. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
5. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
(a) They met but never spoke.
(b) They were friends from high school.
(c) They hated each other.
(d) They were good friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Vicuna have the capacity to do what?
2. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
3. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
4. Where did McCone go to college?
5. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
2. How far has Leland Clewes come since Starbuck last saw him?
3. What is rain supposed to symbolize in the Epilogue?
4. How prevalent is "identity" in the Prologue? Why and how is it used?
5. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
6. As far as Starbuck knows, why are he and the other "saints" at Leen's apartment?
7. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
8. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
9. Why are Starbuck's reunions with Mary Kathleen and Clewes a climax of "Jailbird"?
10. How is "tension" a major theme in the Prologue?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)