|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) His editor.
(d) A fan.
2. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A storage room.
(b) A cinema.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A casino.
3. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(a) Water color.
(c) Black paint.
(d) Wood stain.
4. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Strict new laws.
(b) Several deaths.
(c) A peace treaty.
5. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(b) His guilt-ridden past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
2. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
3. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
4. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
5. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Clewes not the prominent political figure he was on his way to becoming?
2. With Sarah, is Starbuck loving or courteous?
3. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
4. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
5. What are the degrees of separation between Sarah Wyatt and Mary Kathleen O'Looney in Chapter 9?
6. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
7. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
8. After receiving the fan letter, why did Vonnegut feel he didn't need to write this or other books?
9. Is an event's existence or its meaning more important to Starbuck? How?
10. Why did Starbuck agree to be McCone's protégé?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)