|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) A sign.
(b) The bus.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) His belongings.
2. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) After World War II.
(b) After he was released from prison.
(c) During the Watergate Scandal.
(d) In college.
3. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) An actor.
(b) A politician.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A banker.
4. Starbuck sees the Cuyahoga Massacre as a _______.
5. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(b) A place at Harvard.
(d) A car and a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
2. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
3. Why is Fender, Starbuck's friend, in prison?
4. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
5. What is significant about Trout's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. With Sarah, is Starbuck loving or courteous?
2. Why is Starbuck a socialist?
3. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
4. Is "The Sermon on the Mount" a reasonable defense for Sacco and Vanzetti? Why or why not?
5. How is the theme of interconnection displayed through Starbuck's narrative voice?
6. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
7. What does Starbuck's release from prison mark?
8. How did Starbuck meet his wife, Ruth? Why was the beginning of their relationship rocky?
9. What ruins Sarah's and Starbuck's date? Why does she insist they leave?
10. After receiving the fan letter, why did Vonnegut feel he didn't need to write this or other books?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)