|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A storage room.
(b) A casino.
(c) A cinema.
(d) A dance hall.
2. Israel Edel now works for ________.
(a) A tailor.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) The Communist Party.
3. What did Hapgood do for Sacco and Vanzetti?
(a) Send food.
(b) Defend in court.
(d) Post bail.
4. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To vacation.
(b) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
(c) To visit family.
(d) To find a wife.
5. Where does Starbuck's son work?
(a) Starbuck's corner store.
(b) A diner.
(c) The White House.
(d) The New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
2. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
3. Starbuck realizes that by leaving prison he is rejoining _________.
4. How did the factory workers for the Wyatt family become poisoned?
5. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the arrival of the famous prisoner tie together?
2. How did the Cuyahoga Massacre impact Starbuck?
3. What do we learn about Starbuck by his attitude towards the red ribbon?
4. How did Starbuck come to be a millionaire? Why isn't he anymore?
5. Why does the red ribbon on Starbuck's suit cause trouble?
6. What is the significance of "Kilgore Trout" being a pseudonym?
7. What is being foreshadowed in the Prologue?
8. What was the nature of Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
9. Is Starbuck's release from prison entering the new or returning to the old?
10. How is Fender's story of Vicuna a metaphor?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)