|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) There would be a media frenzy.
(b) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
(c) She would have come back from the dead.
(d) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
2. What name is Mary Kathleen buried under?
(c) Her grave is unmarked.
3. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) Sarah Wyatt.
(c) The police.
4. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
(a) She can't trust anyone.
(b) She's bored with the world.
(c) She's in too much pain.
(d) She has too many bad memories.
5. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(c) Book review.
(d) Short story.
6. Starbuck describes his office in the Nixon White House as a __________ cell.
7. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
(a) Starbuck cheated on Mary Kathleen.
(b) Mary Kathleen is Mrs. Graham.
(c) Starbuck lied about his Watergate involvement.
(d) Starbuck has cancer.
8. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What he should eat for dinner.
(b) Where his girlfriends are today.
(c) What tomorrow will bring.
(d) How he came to be here.
9. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Stealing clarinet parts.
(b) Covering up a murder.
(c) Lying to the police.
(d) Unlawfully concealing a will.
10. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Get her off the street.
(b) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(c) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(d) Run away.
11. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
(c) Vice president.
12. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
(a) When he sees his handwriting.
(b) When Clewes convinces him so.
(c) When he remembers a similar dream he had.
(d) When he hears him laugh.
13. Why does Leen kiss Starbuck's hand?
(a) He adores Mrs. Graham.
(b) He has something on his hand.
(c) He was told to.
(d) He was sleep walking.
14. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
15. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
(a) Like they still hated eachother.
(b) Like they did when they were dating.
(c) Like they were bickering parents.
(d) Like they'd never met.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
2. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
3. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
4. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
5. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)