|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
(a) She has too many bad memories.
(b) She's bored with the world.
(c) She's in too much pain.
(d) She can't trust anyone.
2. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A familiar face.
(c) A store.
(d) A quiet street.
3. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
(a) Starbuck cheated on Mary Kathleen.
(b) Starbuck lied about his Watergate involvement.
(c) Starbuck has cancer.
(d) Mary Kathleen is Mrs. Graham.
4. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
(a) The city is loud.
(b) He never went to sleep.
(c) He went to sleep early.
(d) He's still on his prison schedule.
5. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) The American people.
(c) Starbuck and his friends.
(d) Her family.
6. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
(b) Heat waves.
7. Mary Kathleen is concerned there is no _____ in the world.
8. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
(a) Her house.
(b) The harp showroom.
(d) Grand Central Station.
9. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
(a) The worst time of his life.
(b) The best thing that could have happened to him.
(c) It was a nice break from reality.
(d) It was what he deserved, so he accepted it.
10. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
(a) To protect her vanity.
(b) To get all the attention.
(c) To protect his own self-interests.
(d) To keep her secrets.
11. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
(a) Starbuck's crimes.
(b) Her last name.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her marraige.
12. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) The lobby.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) His dresser.
13. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Their new wives.
(b) Political figures.
(c) Their childhood friends.
(d) Former RAMJAC employees.
14. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(a) Book review.
(b) Short story.
15. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
2. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
3. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
4. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
5. What pleasant surprise does Starbuck have in the diner?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)