|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) The police.
2. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
3. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) Starbuck and his friends.
(b) Her family.
(d) The American people.
4. How does Starbuck find Mary Kathleen?
(a) A trail of blood.
(c) Her voice.
5. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
(a) Two days.
(b) Eight hours.
(c) All night.
(d) An hour.
6. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
(a) When Clewes convinces him so.
(b) When he sees his handwriting.
(c) When he hears him laugh.
(d) When he remembers a similar dream he had.
7. Leen believes Mrs. Graham is there in disguise _________.
(a) Because the police are after her.
(b) To check up on him.
(c) For fun.
(d) To impress him.
8. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he found Ruth dead.
(c) When Sarah yelled at him.
(d) When McCone died.
9. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(b) He has to meet a friend.
(c) He's bored by the conversation.
(d) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
10. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's sorry.
(b) He's missed him.
(c) He is happy to be out.
(d) He forgot about him.
11. Going to a diner, Starbuck is afraid that __________.
(a) The food will be bad.
(b) Everyone will know about his past.
(c) He won't be able to afford the bill.
(d) He won't know anyone.
12. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
(a) Grand Central Station.
(b) The street.
(d) The Empire State Building.
13. Why does Leen wait on Starbuck so diligently?
(a) He doesn't want her to talk to anyone.
(b) He is desperate for Mrs. Graham's approval.
(c) He doesn't want to lose his job.
(d) He knows she's in bad health.
14. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(b) Book review.
(d) Short story.
15. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
2. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
3. What is the fate of RAMJAC?
4. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
5. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)