|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary Kathleen carry in her plastic bags?
(d) All her possessions.
2. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
3. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) The police.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
4. Why did Mary Kathleen receive shock treatments?
(a) To punish her.
(b) To cure her addictions.
(c) To cure her hallucinations.
(d) To retrieve her memory.
5. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What tomorrow will bring.
(b) What he should eat for dinner.
(c) How he came to be here.
(d) Where his girlfriends are today.
6. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
(a) When Clewes convinces him so.
(b) When he hears him laugh.
(c) When he sees his handwriting.
(d) When he remembers a similar dream he had.
7. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
(a) Vice president.
8. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
9. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
(a) A farewell party.
(b) A welcome home party.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A congratulations party.
10. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
(a) Or so they say.
(b) What else?
(d) Small world.
11. Why does Starbuck start to cry when seeing Mary Kathleen?
(a) She's ugly.
(b) He's sad.
(c) He's tired.
(d) She is crying.
12. What is Mary Kathleen still working towards?
(a) Making a million dollars.
(b) Finding her long lost husband.
(c) The Communist revolution.
13. What division of RAMJAC is Starbuck now in charge of?
(c) The New York Times.
14. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
(a) She was hearing voices.
(b) To cure herself of her other addictions.
(c) She liked to party.
(d) Her husband died.
15. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
(a) The city is loud.
(b) He never went to sleep.
(c) He's still on his prison schedule.
(d) He went to sleep early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
2. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
3. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
4. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
5. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)