|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leen kiss Starbuck's hand?
(a) He adores Mrs. Graham.
(b) He has something on his hand.
(c) He was told to.
(d) He was sleep walking.
2. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) The police.
3. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
(a) He never went to sleep.
(b) The city is loud.
(c) He's still on his prison schedule.
(d) He went to sleep early.
4. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
(a) Her old apartment building.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The World Trade Center.
(d) The Chrysler Building.
5. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
(a) When he sees his handwriting.
(b) When he remembers a similar dream he had.
(c) When he hears him laugh.
(d) When Clewes convinces him so.
6. Leen believes Mrs. Graham is there in disguise _________.
(a) For fun.
(b) To check up on him.
(c) To impress him.
(d) Because the police are after her.
7. What is Mary Kathleen still working towards?
(a) Finding her long lost husband.
(b) Making a million dollars.
(d) The Communist revolution.
8. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
(a) His voice.
(b) His jokes.
(c) His ideals.
(d) His crimes.
9. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
(b) The harp showroom.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) Her house.
10. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A quiet street.
(c) A store.
(d) A familiar face.
11. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
(a) Starbuck wasn't made vice president.
(b) There's no memorial statue for her.
(c) RAMJAC belongs to corporations.
(d) She isn't burried next to her husband.
12. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a student.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a miner.
13. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
(a) Two days.
(b) An hour.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) All night.
14. What does Mary Kathleen carry in her plastic bags?
(b) All her possessions.
15. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
(a) Or so they say.
(c) What else?
(d) Small world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
2. Starbuck describes his office in the Nixon White House as a __________ cell.
3. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
4. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
5. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)