|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Kathleen is concerned there is no _____ in the world.
2. What did Starbuck take from Mary Kathleen's belongings?
(a) Her food.
(b) Her money.
(c) All her documents.
(d) Her photographs.
3. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was hit by a taxi.
(d) Mr. Graham shot her.
4. What pleasant surprise does Starbuck have in the diner?
(a) A free breakfast.
(b) A warm welcome.
(c) Seeing an old girfriend.
(d) His favorite meal.
5. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
(a) Two days.
(b) An hour.
(c) All night.
(d) Eight hours.
6. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
(a) They had good college educations.
(b) They were kind.
(c) They are related to the Graham's.
(d) They bribed the authorities.
7. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
(a) She can't trust anyone.
(b) She's bored with the world.
(c) She has too many bad memories.
(d) She's in too much pain.
8. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
(a) To get all the attention.
(b) To protect his own self-interests.
(c) To protect her vanity.
(d) To keep her secrets.
9. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He forgot about him.
(b) He's sorry.
(c) He's missed him.
(d) He is happy to be out.
10. Why does Starbuck start to cry when seeing Mary Kathleen?
(a) She is crying.
(b) He's tired.
(c) He's sad.
(d) She's ugly.
11. What is the only thing Mary Kathleen remembers about Starbuck?
(a) His crimes.
(b) His ideals.
(c) His jokes.
(d) His voice.
12. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) Her family.
(b) The American people.
(d) Starbuck and his friends.
13. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(b) Run away.
(c) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(d) Get her off the street.
14. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
15. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) The lobby.
(b) His dresser.
(c) His suitcase.
(d) Under his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Leen's apartment, what are Starbuck and his friends wondering?
2. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to the top of _______.
3. Who is Clewes' wife?
4. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
5. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)