|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
(a) It was what he deserved, so he accepted it.
(b) The worst time of his life.
(c) The best thing that could have happened to him.
(d) It was a nice break from reality.
2. Who is Clewes' wife?
(a) Starbuck's sister.
(c) Mary Kathleen.
3. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) The police.
4. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
(a) Mary Kathleen is Mrs. Graham.
(b) Starbuck cheated on Mary Kathleen.
(c) Starbuck lied about his Watergate involvement.
(d) Starbuck has cancer.
5. What does Mary Kathleen carry in her plastic bags?
(a) All her possessions.
6. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What tomorrow will bring.
(b) Where his girlfriends are today.
(c) How he came to be here.
(d) What he should eat for dinner.
7. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(b) He's bored by the conversation.
(c) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
8. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
(a) A store.
(b) A familiar face.
(c) A good meal.
(d) A quiet street.
9. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
10. What division of RAMJAC is Starbuck now in charge of?
(d) The New York Times.
11. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
(a) Increasing prices.
(b) Kicking Mary Kathleen out.
(c) Calling the police.
(d) Hugging him.
12. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
13. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a student.
(d) He was a miner.
14. At Leen's apartment, what are Starbuck and his friends wondering?
(a) Where the food is.
(b) Where Mary Kathleen is.
(c) Why they are with Leen.
(d) What they did to get Mrs. Graham's attention.
15. Leen believes Mrs. Graham is there in disguise _________.
(a) To check up on him.
(b) To impress him.
(c) For fun.
(d) Because the police are after her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
2. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
3. What pleasant surprise does Starbuck have in the diner?
4. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
5. Why did Mary Kathleen receive shock treatments?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)