|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) His dresser.
(b) The lobby.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) His suitcase.
2. How does Starbuck find Mary Kathleen?
(c) A trail of blood.
(d) Her voice.
3. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Political figures.
(b) Their new wives.
(c) Their childhood friends.
(d) Former RAMJAC employees.
4. Why does Starbuck start to cry when seeing Mary Kathleen?
(a) He's sad.
(b) She is crying.
(c) He's tired.
(d) She's ugly.
5. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was an artist.
(b) He was a student.
(c) He was a miner.
(d) He was a banker.
6. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
7. What is the fate of RAMJAC?
(a) All the pieces are being sold off.
(b) It's going bankrupt.
(c) It's being bought up by a biger corporation.
(d) It's being shut down.
8. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) She liked to party.
(c) To cure herself of her other addictions.
(d) She was hearing voices.
9. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He's bored by the conversation.
(b) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(c) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
10. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Stealing clarinet parts.
(b) Covering up a murder.
(c) Lying to the police.
(d) Unlawfully concealing a will.
11. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
(a) Increasing prices.
(b) Hugging him.
(c) Kicking Mary Kathleen out.
(d) Calling the police.
12. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Get her off the street.
(b) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(c) Run away.
(d) Give Mary Kathleen money.
13. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
(a) Heat waves.
14. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) How he came to be here.
(b) What tomorrow will bring.
(c) What he should eat for dinner.
(d) Where his girlfriends are today.
15. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) The American people.
(b) Her family.
(d) Starbuck and his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
2. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
3. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
4. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
5. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)