|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
(c) Music box.
2. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
(a) She didn't bring him lunch.
(b) She smells bad.
(c) She brought a stranger to his shop.
(d) She owes him a lot of money.
3. What is Mary Kathleen still working towards?
(a) Making a million dollars.
(b) The Communist revolution.
(d) Finding her long lost husband.
4. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
(a) To get all the attention.
(b) To protect his own self-interests.
(c) To keep her secrets.
(d) To protect her vanity.
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
6. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
(a) Starbuck wasn't made vice president.
(b) There's no memorial statue for her.
(c) RAMJAC belongs to corporations.
(d) She isn't burried next to her husband.
7. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
8. Why doesn't Mary Kathleen want to live anymore?
(a) She can't trust anyone.
(b) She's bored with the world.
(c) She's in too much pain.
(d) She has too many bad memories.
9. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He forgot about him.
(b) He's sorry.
(c) He is happy to be out.
(d) He's missed him.
10. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
(a) The harp showroom.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) Her house.
11. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
12. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) The police.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
13. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a student.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a miner.
14. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
(a) Mr. Graham shot her.
(b) She was poisoned.
(c) She was hit by a taxi.
15. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He's bored by the conversation.
(b) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(c) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck tells the harp salesman he is looking for a market for ______.
2. At Leen's apartment, what are Starbuck and his friends wondering?
3. How does Clewes view his time in prison?
4. Leen believes Mrs. Graham is there in disguise _________.
5. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)