|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
2. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) The police.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
3. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(b) Get her off the street.
(c) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(d) Run away.
4. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) There would be a media frenzy.
(b) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
(c) She would have come back from the dead.
(d) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
5. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
6. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
7. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
(a) The leader of protests for Sacco and Vanzetti.
(b) The head of RAMJAC.
(c) The next president.
(d) Starbuck's lawyer.
8. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Lying to the police.
(b) Unlawfully concealing a will.
(c) Covering up a murder.
(d) Stealing clarinet parts.
9. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a miner.
(c) He was a student.
(d) He was an artist.
10. What is the harp salesman calculating doing as he talks to Starbuck?
(a) Hugging him.
(b) Calling the police.
(c) Increasing prices.
(d) Kicking Mary Kathleen out.
11. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
(a) The street.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(d) Grand Central Station.
12. Starbuck finds Mary Kathleen in a _______.
13. Why does Leen kiss Starbuck's hand?
(a) He was sleep walking.
(b) He was told to.
(c) He adores Mrs. Graham.
(d) He has something on his hand.
14. Starbuck describes his office in the Nixon White House as a __________ cell.
15. What did Starbuck take from Mary Kathleen's belongings?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her photographs.
(c) Her food.
(d) All her documents.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
2. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
3. Why does Starbuck wake up so early?
4. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
5. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)