|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) A safety deposit box.
(c) With her body.
(d) With Clewes.
2. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) The street.
(d) The Empire State Building.
3. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What tomorrow will bring.
(b) Where his girlfriends are today.
(c) How he came to be here.
(d) What he should eat for dinner.
4. If Starbuck had given the paramedics Mary Kathleen's real name, what would have happened?
(a) He wouldn't have gotten any money.
(b) She would have come back from the dead.
(c) Mr. Graham would drive him away.
(d) There would be a media frenzy.
5. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When Sarah yelled at him.
(c) When he found Ruth dead.
(d) When McCone died.
6. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
(a) Or so they say.
(b) What else?
(c) Small world.
7. Starbuck tells the harp salesman he is looking for a market for ______.
(b) Forged documents.
(d) Clarinet parts.
8. What was the weather like on the night of the party?
9. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
(a) She isn't burried next to her husband.
(b) There's no memorial statue for her.
(c) RAMJAC belongs to corporations.
(d) Starbuck wasn't made vice president.
10. What does Mary Kathleen not remember?
(a) Her last name.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) Starbuck's crimes.
(d) Her marraige.
11. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
12. What does the crowd watching the reunion encourage Starbuck to do?
(a) Embrace Mary Kathleen.
(b) Give Mary Kathleen money.
(c) Run away.
(d) Get her off the street.
13. Why does Starbuck want to hide Mary Kathleen's identity?
(a) To protect her vanity.
(b) To protect his own self-interests.
(c) To get all the attention.
(d) To keep her secrets.
14. Why does Starbuck start to cry when seeing Mary Kathleen?
(a) He's tired.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She's ugly.
(d) He's sad.
15. What is Starbuck looking for as he wanders through the city?
(a) A good meal.
(b) A familiar face.
(c) A store.
(d) A quiet street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
2. Why did Mary Kathleen receive shock treatments?
3. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
4. In Starbuck's dream, what is he doing again?
5. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)