|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
(a) Starbuck cheated on Mary Kathleen.
(b) Starbuck has cancer.
(c) Mary Kathleen is Mrs. Graham.
(d) Starbuck lied about his Watergate involvement.
2. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) How he came to be here.
(b) What tomorrow will bring.
(c) What he should eat for dinner.
(d) Where his girlfriends are today.
3. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
4. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(a) Short story.
(c) Book review.
5. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(a) The American people.
(b) Her family.
(d) Starbuck and his friends.
6. What kind of positions are Starbuck and his friends offered at RAMJAC?
(c) Vice president.
7. What was the cause of Mary Kathleen's death?
(a) She was hit by a taxi.
(b) Mr. Graham shot her.
(d) She was poisoned.
8. Why did Mary Kathleen become a heavy drinker?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) To cure herself of her other addictions.
(c) She was hearing voices.
(d) She liked to party.
9. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Political figures.
(b) Their new wives.
(c) Former RAMJAC employees.
(d) Their childhood friends.
10. Where does Starbuck go to find Mary Kathleen?
(a) The harp showroom.
(b) Her house.
(c) Grand Central Station.
11. Why is the harp salesman upset with Mary Kathleen?
(a) She brought a stranger to his shop.
(b) She didn't bring him lunch.
(c) She owes him a lot of money.
(d) She smells bad.
12. What name did Starbuck give to the paramedics for Mary Kathleen?
13. Going to a diner, Starbuck is afraid that __________.
(a) He won't be able to afford the bill.
(b) The food will be bad.
(c) Everyone will know about his past.
(d) He won't know anyone.
14. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
(b) Grand Central Station.
(c) The street.
(d) The Empire State Building.
15. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
(b) Music box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
2. Starbuck says wealthy business interests are like "_________."
3. Mary Kathleen is concerned there is no _____ in the world.
4. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
5. Why does Leen wait on Starbuck so diligently?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)