|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck tells the harp salesman he is looking for a market for ______.
(a) Clarinet parts.
(d) Forged documents.
2. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(b) The police.
(d) Sarah Wyatt.
3. How do Sarah and Starbuck speak to each other on the phone?
(a) Like they were bickering parents.
(b) Like they still hated eachother.
(c) Like they did when they were dating.
(d) Like they'd never met.
4. Who does Mary Kathleen say the rightful owners of RAMJAC are?
(b) Starbuck and his friends.
(c) The American people.
(d) Her family.
5. Whistler appointed himself as ________.
(a) The head of RAMJAC.
(b) The next president.
(c) Starbuck's lawyer.
(d) The leader of protests for Sacco and Vanzetti.
6. Starbuck lives the _____ life working for RAMJAC.
7. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's sorry.
(b) He's missed him.
(c) He forgot about him.
(d) He is happy to be out.
8. Starbuck reads a ______ written by his son.
(a) Short story.
(c) Book review.
9. Starbuck describes his office in the Nixon White House as a __________ cell.
10. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
11. Where does Starbuck try to store Mary Kathleen's will?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) A safety deposit box.
(c) With Clewes.
(d) With her body.
12. At the party, Starbuck feels _______.
13. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
(a) He doesn't want to see Mary Kathleen.
(b) He's embarrassed by Mary Kathleen.
(c) He's bored by the conversation.
(d) He has to meet a friend.
14. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Lying to the police.
(b) Covering up a murder.
(c) Stealing clarinet parts.
(d) Unlawfully concealing a will.
15. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Kathleen takes Starbuck to her cavern under ________.
2. The beginning of Chapter 16 brings what revelation?
3. What was the weather like the night Sacco and Vanzetti were executed?
4. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
5. How are Mary Kathleen's final wishes not being met?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)