|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Kathleen calls the men who've helped Starbuck "_____."
2. What party is being thrown in the Epilogue?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A congratulations party.
(c) A farewell party.
(d) A welcome home party.
3. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(b) The police.
4. While unpacking at the Arapahoe, what does Starbuck wonder?
(a) What he should eat for dinner.
(b) What tomorrow will bring.
(c) Where his girlfriends are today.
(d) How he came to be here.
5. Starbuck realizes the bag woman is " the ______ of Mary Kathleen O'Looney!"
6. When was the last time Starbuck cried?
(a) When Sarah yelled at him.
(b) When McCone died.
(c) When his son was born.
(d) When he found Ruth dead.
7. What does Starbuck say to Clewes?
(a) He's sorry.
(b) He's missed him.
(c) He is happy to be out.
(d) He forgot about him.
8. All of Starbuck's fresh-from-prison friends arrived with __________.
(a) Their childhood friends.
(b) Political figures.
(c) Former RAMJAC employees.
(d) Their new wives.
9. Where does Starbuck find clarinet parts?
(a) The lobby.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His dresser.
(d) Under his bed.
10. Starbuck's mother's laugh sounds like a _______.
(a) Music box.
11. Clewes is now a _______ salesman.
12. Before he ran RAMJAC, what did Jack Graham do?
(a) He was a student.
(b) He was an artist.
(c) He was a miner.
(d) He was a banker.
13. Why is Starbuck arrested in the Epilogue?
(a) Unlawfully concealing a will.
(b) Stealing clarinet parts.
(c) Covering up a murder.
(d) Lying to the police.
14. Starbuck thinks fifty year old harps belong in a ______ or a museum.
15. Starbuck interrupts his own memories by saying "________."
(a) What else?
(c) Or so they say.
(d) Small world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did all the current RAMJAC employees gain their positions?
2. Starbuck is forgotten in the police precinct for ________.
3. When does Leen begin to believe Starbuck is Mrs. Graham in disguise?
4. Why does Clewes leave the reunion?
5. What connection has Starbuck not made by Chapter 20?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)