|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They were enemies.
(b) They had lunch once.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were college roommates.
2. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) A fine.
(b) He lost all his friends.
(c) His wife left him.
(d) Prison time.
3. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(a) A place at Harvard.
(c) A car and a house.
4. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(c) His guilt-ridden past.
5. In college, how did Clewes betray Starbuck?
(a) He stole money from him.
(b) He got him expelled.
(c) He stole a girl from him.
(d) He stole his journal.
6. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
(a) He was Starbuck's old therapist.
(b) He was a friend in college.
(c) He was a co-conspirator in Watergate.
(d) He was Ruth's brother.
7. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's catchy.
(b) It's Starbuck's mother's.
(c) It's a pseudonym.
(d) It's Vonnegut's real name.
8. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
9. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) The bus.
(b) His belongings.
(c) A sign.
(d) Sarah Wyatt.
10. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A false accusation.
(b) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
(c) A long time political battle.
(d) A sibling rivalry.
11. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
(a) A celebrity's closet.
(b) A rich man's trash can.
(c) A bargain basement.
(d) An expensive store.
12. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A woman.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A magician.
(d) A musician.
13. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
(a) Sarah Wyatt's.
(b) Mary Kathleen O'Looney's.
14. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Strict new laws.
(b) A peace treaty.
(d) Several deaths.
15. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
(a) They people deserved what they got.
(b) She didn't understand the situation.
(c) His actions were an accident.
(d) He does everything out of love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
2. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
3. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
4. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
5. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)