|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Starbuck describe his son?
(a) A prolific writer.
(b) An unpleasant person.
(c) A short idiot.
(d) A great athlete.
2. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They had lunch once.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were college roommates.
(d) They were enemies.
3. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
(a) Her parents were unhappy.
(b) She'd read too many romance novels.
(c) She'd been divorced before.
(d) She was disillusioned with humanity.
4. Where did McCone go to college?
5. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) His bad pronunciation.
(b) How much he smokes.
(c) His weight problems.
(d) His bad jokes.
6. What does the maitre de at the Arapahoe wear on his lapel?
(a) A name tag.
(b) A red ribbon.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A photo.
7. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
(a) His mother.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His prison guard.
(d) His nanny.
8. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) Staying in New York.
(b) A woman in the lobby.
(c) Taking the limo.
(d) The streets at night.
9. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) After World War II.
(c) After he was released from prison.
(d) During the Watergate Scandal.
10. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) He lost all his friends.
(c) Prison time.
(d) A fine.
11. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
(a) It was inexpensive.
(b) Sarah Wyatt wanted to.
(c) It was very famous.
(d) McCone told him to.
12. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A musician.
(b) A waiter.
(c) A magician.
(d) A woman.
13. Israel Edel now works for ________.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) Sarah Wyatt.
(d) A tailor.
14. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
15. McCone's father was a ______.
(a) Factory boss.
(d) Movie star.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
2. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
3. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
4. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
5. Why was Starbuck impacted by the Cuyahoga Massacre?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)