|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's a pseudonym.
(b) It's catchy.
(c) It's Vonnegut's real name.
(d) It's Starbuck's mother's.
2. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(b) In the dark.
(c) To blind people.
(d) In code.
3. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
(a) His ease with making friends.
(b) His ability to make and save money.
(c) His writing skill.
(d) His ability to get away with crime.
4. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
5. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
(a) Yells at her.
(c) Remains silent.
6. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He's in hiding.
(b) He doesn't have any friends.
(c) He's homeless.
(d) He's no longer a convict.
7. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
8. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
(a) "The Sermon on the Mount."
(b) To write a scathing article.
(c) To mock them.
(d) To threaten.
9. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
10. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A musician.
(b) A magician.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A woman.
11. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
(a) It was very famous.
(b) Sarah Wyatt wanted to.
(c) It was inexpensive.
(d) McCone told him to.
12. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
13. Who leaves the limo?
(a) A famous prisoner.
(b) A famous actress.
(c) An old friend of Starbuck's.
(d) A child.
14. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
15. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
2. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
3. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
4. Where did McCone go to college?
5. What is Starbuck's relationship with his prison guard?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)