|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fender, Starbuck's friend, in prison?
2. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
(a) She'd been divorced before.
(b) She'd read too many romance novels.
(c) She was disillusioned with humanity.
(d) Her parents were unhappy.
3. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
4. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
5. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A dance hall.
(b) A cinema.
(c) A storage room.
(d) A casino.
6. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
7. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) Prison time.
(c) He lost all his friends.
(d) A fine.
8. In college, how did Starbuck meet Clewes?
(a) Their parents were friends.
(b) They were roommates.
(c) They had a class together.
(d) They were on competing sports teams.
9. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
10. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_____ may fail."
11. What does the maitre de at the Arapahoe wear on his lapel?
(a) A name tag.
(b) A photo.
(c) A microphone.
(d) A red ribbon.
12. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's catchy.
(b) It's a pseudonym.
(c) It's Starbuck's mother's.
(d) It's Vonnegut's real name.
13. The people of Vicuna have the capacity to do what?
(a) Come back to life.
(b) See into the future.
(c) Leave their bodies.
(d) Change their appearance.
14. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
15. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
(a) Their population is too great.
(b) They heard of a better one.
(c) It's dying.
(d) They're bored with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
2. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
3. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
4. Mrs. Jack Graham is described as eccentric and _______.
5. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)