|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
2. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) Taking the limo.
(b) Staying in New York.
(c) A woman in the lobby.
(d) The streets at night.
3. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
4. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
5. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) His wife's name.
(b) Back to the original Polish.
(c) His mother's maiden name.
(d) A fake name.
6. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) A politician.
(b) An actor.
(c) A banker.
(d) A police officer.
7. McCone's father was a ______.
(b) Movie star.
(d) Factory boss.
8. Where did Hapgood go to college?
9. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His weight problems.
(c) His bad pronunciation.
(d) His bad jokes.
10. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He's in hiding.
(b) He's no longer a convict.
(c) He's homeless.
(d) He doesn't have any friends.
11. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
12. In college, how did Starbuck meet Clewes?
(a) They had a class together.
(b) Their parents were friends.
(c) They were roommates.
(d) They were on competing sports teams.
13. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
(a) A million dollars.
(b) A few hundred thousand dollars.
(c) A few cents.
(d) A thousand dollars.
14. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
15. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) His wife left him.
(b) He lost all his friends.
(c) A fine.
(d) Prison time.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
2. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
3. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
4. How does Starbuck describe his son?
5. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)