|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
(a) Prison time.
(b) His wife left him.
(c) A fine.
(d) He lost all his friends.
2. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
(a) His ease with making friends.
(b) His ability to get away with crime.
(c) His writing skill.
(d) His ability to make and save money.
3. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
(a) It's dying.
(b) They heard of a better one.
(c) Their population is too great.
(d) They're bored with it.
4. Why was Clewes sent to prison?
(a) He sold government secrets.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He robbed a bank.
(d) He was a Communist.
5. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(d) His guilt-ridden past.
6. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To visit family.
(b) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
(c) To find a wife.
(d) To vacation.
7. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
8. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) Starbuck betrayed him.
(b) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) They drifted apart.
9. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
(a) To threaten.
(b) To mock them.
(c) "The Sermon on the Mount."
(d) To write a scathing article.
10. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(a) To blind people.
(c) In the dark.
(d) In code.
11. Where does one Vicuna soul consider going?
(d) Back to his home planet.
12. How does Starbuck describe his son?
(a) A prolific writer.
(b) A short idiot.
(c) A great athlete.
(d) An unpleasant person.
13. Where does Starbuck's son work?
(a) Starbuck's corner store.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The White House.
(d) A diner.
14. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) After he was released from prison.
(b) After World War II.
(c) In college.
(d) During the Watergate Scandal.
15. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A magician.
(b) A woman.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
2. Why was Starbuck impacted by the Cuyahoga Massacre?
3. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
4. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
5. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)