|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) A sign.
(b) The bus.
(c) His belongings.
(d) Sarah Wyatt.
2. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
3. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(a) Red ribbon.
(d) Name tag.
4. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) Starbuck betrayed him.
(b) They drifted apart.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
5. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A cinema.
(b) A storage room.
(c) A dance hall.
(d) A casino.
6. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
7. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A false accusation.
(b) A sibling rivalry.
(c) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
(d) A long time political battle.
8. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) The streets at night.
(b) A woman in the lobby.
(c) Staying in New York.
(d) Taking the limo.
9. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(a) Water color.
(b) Black paint.
(d) Wood stain.
10. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
(a) Yells at her.
(d) Remains silent.
11. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(a) A place at Harvard.
(b) A car and a house.
12. Where does one Vicuna soul consider going?
(b) Back to his home planet.
13. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
(a) They stay good friends.
(b) They stay together.
(c) They get married.
(d) The never speak to each other again.
14. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
15. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
(a) Her parents were unhappy.
(b) She'd read too many romance novels.
(c) She'd been divorced before.
(d) She was disillusioned with humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
2. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
3. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
4. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
5. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)