|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. McCone's father was a ______.
(a) Factory boss.
(d) Movie star.
2. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
3. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
(a) To threaten.
(b) To mock them.
(c) To write a scathing article.
(d) "The Sermon on the Mount."
4. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
(a) A bargain basement.
(b) A rich man's trash can.
(c) A celebrity's closet.
(d) An expensive store.
5. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His bad pronunciation.
(c) His weight problems.
(d) His bad jokes.
6. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
7. Israel Edel now works for ________.
(b) A tailor.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) Sarah Wyatt.
8. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
(a) Sarah Wyatt's.
(d) Mary Kathleen O'Looney's.
9. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(b) In the dark.
(c) In code.
(d) To blind people.
10. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
11. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He would have had children.
(b) He wouldn't have written his books.
(c) He would have chosen a different career.
(d) He would have written back.
12. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
(a) Sarah Wyatt wanted to.
(b) McCone told him to.
(c) It was inexpensive.
(d) It was very famous.
13. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Several deaths.
(b) Strict new laws.
(c) A peace treaty.
14. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He doesn't have any friends.
(b) He's in hiding.
(c) He's no longer a convict.
(d) He's homeless.
15. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) The streets at night.
(b) A woman in the lobby.
(c) Taking the limo.
(d) Staying in New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
2. In prison, what did Larkin do?
3. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
4. Where did Hapgood go to college?
5. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)