|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
2. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
3. Who leaves the limo?
(a) A child.
(b) An old friend of Starbuck's.
(c) A famous actress.
(d) A famous prisoner.
4. Starbuck sees the Cuyahoga Massacre as a _______.
5. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
6. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) His wife.
(b) His editor.
(c) His mother.
(d) A fan.
7. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
(a) National Geographic.
8. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
9. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
10. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
(c) Back again.
11. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) Back to the original Polish.
(b) A fake name.
(c) His mother's maiden name.
(d) His wife's name.
12. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
(a) He does everything out of love.
(b) She didn't understand the situation.
(c) His actions were an accident.
(d) They people deserved what they got.
13. Where did Hapgood go to college?
14. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He made a bad investment.
(b) He gave it away.
(c) He gambled it away.
(d) It was taken as evidence.
15. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His nanny.
(c) His prison guard.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
2. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
3. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
4. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
5. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)