|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He gambled it away.
(b) He gave it away.
(c) It was taken as evidence.
(d) He made a bad investment.
2. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They had lunch once.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were enemies.
3. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
4. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He's no longer a convict.
(b) He's in hiding.
(c) He doesn't have any friends.
(d) He's homeless.
5. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
(b) Fire fighter.
(c) Labor unionist.
6. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(b) In code.
(c) In the dark.
(d) To blind people.
7. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) They had a fight.
(b) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
(c) They drifted apart.
(d) Starbuck betrayed him.
8. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
(a) A thousand dollars.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) A few hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A few cents.
9. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) After he was released from prison.
(c) After World War II.
(d) During the Watergate Scandal.
10. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
(a) To threaten.
(b) To mock them.
(c) To write a scathing article.
(d) "The Sermon on the Mount."
11. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
(d) Back again.
12. When Starbuck met Ruth, what was she?
(a) A concentration camp refugee.
(b) A war veteran.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A former model.
13. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
14. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
(a) A year.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two days.
(d) A decade.
15. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
(a) They people deserved what they got.
(b) He does everything out of love.
(c) His actions were an accident.
(d) She didn't understand the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
2. Israel Edel now works for ________.
3. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
4. Where were Ruth and Starbuck transferred after their marriage?
5. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)