|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He would have chosen a different career.
(b) He wouldn't have written his books.
(c) He would have written back.
(d) He would have had children.
2. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(b) The elderly.
(d) The disadvantaged.
3. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(a) Red ribbon.
(c) Name tag.
4. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(b) The bus.
(c) His belongings.
(d) A sign.
5. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) After he was released from prison.
(b) During the Watergate Scandal.
(c) After World War II.
(d) In college.
6. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
7. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
8. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
(b) Fire fighter.
(d) Labor unionist.
9. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
(a) The problem with America.
(b) His life.
(c) The idea of his life's work.
(d) The idea of classics.
10. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
(a) A decade.
(b) A year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three years.
11. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To visit family.
(c) To vacation.
(d) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
12. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
13. Why are the people of Vicuna leaving their planet?
(a) Their population is too great.
(b) They heard of a better one.
(c) It's dying.
(d) They're bored with it.
14. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(b) Black paint.
(c) Water color.
(d) Wood stain.
15. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
(a) They stay good friends.
(b) They get married.
(c) They stay together.
(d) The never speak to each other again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
2. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
3. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
4. How does Starbuck describe his son?
5. What does the maitre de at the Arapahoe wear on his lapel?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)