|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
2. In prison, what did Larkin do?
(a) Betrayed his friends.
(b) Became an evangelical Christian.
(c) Escaped several times.
(d) Wrote a book.
3. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) Taking the limo.
(b) Staying in New York.
(c) The streets at night.
(d) A woman in the lobby.
4. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
(a) A few cents.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) A few hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
5. Mrs. Jack Graham is described as eccentric and _______.
6. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(c) A car and a house.
(d) A place at Harvard.
7. Why was Clewes sent to prison?
(a) He robbed a bank.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He was a Communist.
(d) He sold government secrets.
8. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He gave it away.
(b) He gambled it away.
(c) He made a bad investment.
(d) It was taken as evidence.
9. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
10. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
(a) They hated each other.
(b) They were good friends.
(c) They met but never spoke.
(d) They were friends from high school.
11. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) After he was released from prison.
(c) After World War II.
(d) During the Watergate Scandal.
12. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
(a) Fire fighter.
(b) Labor unionist.
13. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
(a) He had bad intentions.
(b) He lied to her.
(c) He made fun of her dress.
(d) He was trying to impress her.
14. Where did Hapgood go to college?
15. The people of Vicuna have the capacity to do what?
(a) See into the future.
(b) Come back to life.
(c) Leave their bodies.
(d) Change their appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
2. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
3. Who leaves the limo?
4. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
5. In college, how did Clewes betray Starbuck?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)