|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Jack Graham is described as eccentric and _______.
2. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He's homeless.
(b) He's no longer a convict.
(c) He's in hiding.
(d) He doesn't have any friends.
3. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
4. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
(a) A magician.
(b) A woman.
(c) A waiter.
(d) A musician.
5. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_____ may fail."
6. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) A banker.
(b) An actor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A politician.
7. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(a) A car and a house.
(b) A place at Harvard.
8. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
9. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
10. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(b) His belongings.
(c) A sign.
(d) The bus.
11. When Starbuck met Ruth, what was she?
(a) A former model.
(b) A concentration camp refugee.
(c) A war veteran.
(d) A waitress.
12. Where does Starbuck go with the limo?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
13. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
14. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(a) Water color.
(c) Wood stain.
(d) Black paint.
15. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) They drifted apart.
(b) Starbuck betrayed him.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
2. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
3. Israel Edel now works for ________.
4. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
5. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)