|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
(a) He was trying to impress her.
(b) He had bad intentions.
(c) He lied to her.
(d) He made fun of her dress.
2. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
(a) His ability to make and save money.
(b) His ease with making friends.
(c) His ability to get away with crime.
(d) His writing skill.
3. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
(a) He's no longer a convict.
(b) He's in hiding.
(c) He doesn't have any friends.
(d) He's homeless.
4. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
5. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(c) His guilt-ridden past.
6. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) His bad pronunciation.
(b) His bad jokes.
(c) His weight problems.
(d) How much he smokes.
7. In college, how did Starbuck meet Clewes?
(a) Their parents were friends.
(b) They were roommates.
(c) They had a class together.
(d) They were on competing sports teams.
8. When did Starbuck and Ruth meet?
(a) In college.
(b) After he was released from prison.
(c) After World War II.
(d) During the Watergate Scandal.
9. Where were Ruth and Starbuck transferred after their marriage?
(b) Another German city.
10. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) An actor.
(b) A politician.
(c) A banker.
(d) A police officer.
11. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
(a) Sarah Wyatt's.
(c) Mary Kathleen O'Looney's.
12. Larkin teases Starbuck about his lack of what?
13. Where did Hapgood go to college?
14. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
15. What did Starbuck become involved with because of Sarah?
(d) The Communist Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
2. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
3. Starbuck realizes that by leaving prison he is rejoining _________.
4. Where did McCone go to college?
5. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)