|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(a) The elderly.
(c) The disadvantaged.
2. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
(a) He was Ruth's brother.
(b) He was Starbuck's old therapist.
(c) He was a co-conspirator in Watergate.
(d) He was a friend in college.
3. Looking in the mirror in his new suit, Starbuck observes that he looks _____.
4. How did the factory workers for the Wyatt family become poisoned?
(a) From the nuclear plant.
(b) From the mold.
(c) From a gas leak.
(d) From the paint they used.
5. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) Starbuck betrayed him.
(b) They had a fight.
(c) They drifted apart.
(d) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
6. Where did Hapgood go to college?
7. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) A fan.
(b) His editor.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
8. How does Starbuck describe his son?
(a) A great athlete.
(b) An unpleasant person.
(c) A prolific writer.
(d) A short idiot.
9. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
10. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) His bad jokes.
(b) His bad pronunciation.
(c) How much he smokes.
(d) His weight problems.
11. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
12. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's a pseudonym.
(b) It's catchy.
(c) It's Vonnegut's real name.
(d) It's Starbuck's mother's.
13. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He wouldn't have written his books.
(b) He would have chosen a different career.
(c) He would have written back.
(d) He would have had children.
14. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
(a) A cinema.
(b) A dance hall.
(c) A casino.
(d) A storage room.
15. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
2. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
3. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
4. Saying Trout is on the "outside" means what?
5. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_____ may fail."
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)