|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(a) The elderly.
(d) The disadvantaged.
2. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
(c) Remains silent.
(d) Yells at her.
3. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He gave it away.
(b) It was taken as evidence.
(c) He gambled it away.
(d) He made a bad investment.
4. What is the last, ironic word of Chapter 6?
5. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
6. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
(a) A celebrity's closet.
(b) A bargain basement.
(c) A rich man's trash can.
(d) An expensive store.
7. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_____ may fail."
8. Why is Fender, Starbuck's friend, in prison?
9. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(a) His guilt-ridden past.
10. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To find a wife.
(b) To vacation.
(c) To visit family.
(d) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
11. What did Hapgood do for Sacco and Vanzetti?
(a) Defend in court.
(b) Send food.
(c) Post bail.
12. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) His mother's maiden name.
(b) His wife's name.
(c) A fake name.
(d) Back to the original Polish.
13. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's Vonnegut's real name.
(b) It's a pseudonym.
(c) It's catchy.
(d) It's Starbuck's mother's.
14. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
15. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
(a) It was very famous.
(b) It was inexpensive.
(c) McCone told him to.
(d) Sarah Wyatt wanted to.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
2. Where did Hapgood go to college?
3. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
4. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
5. Why was Starbuck impacted by the Cuyahoga Massacre?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)