|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(b) A car and a house.
(d) A place at Harvard.
2. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
(a) A sign.
(b) The bus.
(c) His belongings.
(d) Sarah Wyatt.
3. Mr. Arpad Leen is described as ______.
4. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) A fan.
(b) His wife.
(c) His editor.
(d) His mother.
5. At the beginning of the prologue, "Kilgore Trout is ________."
(a) Back again.
6. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
7. What did Starbuck become involved with because of Sarah?
(d) The Communist Party.
8. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A sibling rivalry.
(b) A false accusation.
(c) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
(d) A long time political battle.
9. Starbuck realizes that by leaving prison he is rejoining _________.
(a) The world of crime.
(b) The unbearable lightness of being.
(c) The fishbowl.
(d) The free enterprise system.
10. Starbuck is narrating from _______ after his release.
(a) A decade.
(b) A year.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three years.
11. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
(a) A red ribbon.
(b) A woman's pin.
(c) A name tag.
(d) The RAMJAC logo.
12. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They had lunch once.
(c) They were college roommates.
(d) They were enemies.
13. Starbuck sees the Cuyahoga Massacre as a _______.
14. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
(a) They people deserved what they got.
(b) She didn't understand the situation.
(c) His actions were an accident.
(d) He does everything out of love.
15. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) A banker.
(b) A police officer.
(c) An actor.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
2. Vicuna is a metaphor for _______.
3. What is significant about Trout's name?
4. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
5. What was Hapgood's default defense for people?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)