|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Israel Edel now works for ________.
(a) Sarah Wyatt.
(b) The Communist Party.
(d) A tailor.
2. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
3. What does the letter Vonnegut receives summarize?
(a) His life.
(b) The idea of classics.
(c) The problem with America.
(d) The idea of his life's work.
4. Starbuck is trying to clear his mind of _____________.
(c) His guilt-ridden past.
5. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
(a) His mother.
(b) His prison guard.
(c) His nanny.
(d) His teacher.
6. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) His wife's name.
(b) Back to the original Polish.
(c) A fake name.
(d) His mother's maiden name.
7. In New York, Starbuck stays at the "once ________ Hotel Arapahoe."
8. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) Staying in New York.
(b) The streets at night.
(c) Taking the limo.
(d) A woman in the lobby.
9. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
(a) A woman's pin.
(b) The RAMJAC logo.
(c) A name tag.
(d) A red ribbon.
10. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(a) Black paint.
(c) Wood stain.
(d) Water color.
11. What is significant about Trout's name?
(a) It's Vonnegut's real name.
(b) It's a pseudonym.
(c) It's catchy.
(d) It's Starbuck's mother's.
12. Where does one Vicuna soul consider going?
(b) Back to his home planet.
13. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
(a) Sarah Wyatt's.
(b) Mary Kathleen O'Looney's.
14. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(a) The disadvantaged.
(b) The elderly.
15. What started the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) A conflict between factory workers and bosses.
(b) A false accusation.
(c) A sibling rivalry.
(d) A long time political battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
2. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
3. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
4. McCone's father was a ______.
5. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)