|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carter admire about di Sanza?
(a) His ability to get away with crime.
(b) His ability to make and save money.
(c) His writing skill.
(d) His ease with making friends.
2. Aside from his wives and girlfriends, who is the fourth woman Starbuck ever loved?
(a) His nanny.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His mother.
(d) His prison guard.
3. Kenneth Whistler was a popular _________.
(c) Labor unionist.
(d) Fire fighter.
4. How did Starbuck lose all his money?
(a) He gave it away.
(b) He made a bad investment.
(c) It was taken as evidence.
(d) He gambled it away.
5. How did Starbuck meet Emil Larkin?
(a) He was Ruth's brother.
(b) He was a friend in college.
(c) He was Starbuck's old therapist.
(d) He was a co-conspirator in Watergate.
6. Why was Clewes sent to prison?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He robbed a bank.
(c) He was a Communist.
(d) He sold government secrets.
7. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
(b) Starbuck betrayed him.
(c) They had a fight.
(d) They drifted apart.
8. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) How much he smokes.
(b) His weight problems.
(c) His bad jokes.
(d) His bad pronunciation.
9. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) Back to the original Polish.
(b) A fake name.
(c) His mother's maiden name.
(d) His wife's name.
10. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) His mother.
(b) A fan.
(c) His editor.
(d) His wife.
11. After the events leading to his arrest, Starbuck earned a reputation for being ______.
12. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
13. Whose name is the limo driver's a variation of?
14. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
15. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
(a) He had bad intentions.
(b) He was trying to impress her.
(c) He lied to her.
(d) He made fun of her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
2. What was Starbuck's relationship with Alexander Hamilton McCone?
3. In college, how did Starbuck meet Clewes?
4. The Arapahoe dining room has been converted into _________.
5. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)