|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ruth reserved about relationships?
(a) She'd been divorced before.
(b) Her parents were unhappy.
(c) She'd read too many romance novels.
(d) She was disillusioned with humanity.
2. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
3. Sarah's family wanted their clocks to be readable ______.
(a) To blind people.
(c) In the dark.
(d) In code.
4. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(a) The elderly.
(c) The disadvantaged.
5. What is Starbuck's relationship with his prison guard?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They are enemies.
(c) They are crime partners.
(d) They are distant relatives.
6. What did McCone offer Starbuck?
(a) A place at Harvard.
(b) A car and a house.
7. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He would have written back.
(b) He wouldn't have written his books.
(c) He would have had children.
(d) He would have chosen a different career.
8. Starbuck says he became involved in Watergate ________.
9. Why was Starbuck in Nuremberg?
(a) To vacation.
(b) For the Nazi War Crimes trials.
(c) To visit family.
(d) To find a wife.
10. What prompts Starbuck to remember Sarah Wyatt?
(a) The streets at night.
(b) Taking the limo.
(c) Staying in New York.
(d) A woman in the lobby.
11. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
(a) The never speak to each other again.
(b) They stay good friends.
(c) They get married.
(d) They stay together.
12. When was the last time Starbuck stayed at the Hotel Arapahoe?
13. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
(a) A woman's pin.
(b) A red ribbon.
(c) A name tag.
(d) The RAMJAC logo.
14. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
(d) National Geographic.
15. What does the maitre de at the Arapahoe wear on his lapel?
(a) A microphone.
(b) A photo.
(c) A red ribbon.
(d) A name tag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Starbuck waiting for in the prison yard?
2. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
3. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
4. Starbuck realizes that by leaving prison he is rejoining _________.
5. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)