|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Walter Starbuck is an ex-con, ex-capitalist, and ex-_________.
2. Why aren't Clewes and Starbuck friends anymore?
(a) They drifted apart.
(b) They had a fight.
(c) Starbuck betrayed him.
(d) Clewes stole Starbuck's money.
3. What would have happened if Vonnegut had received the letter a few years earlier?
(a) He would have written back.
(b) He wouldn't have written his books.
(c) He would have had children.
(d) He would have chosen a different career.
4. Before going to prison, what was Clewes destined to become?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A banker.
(c) An actor.
(d) A politician.
5. On a date with Sarah, Starbuck takes her to an ______ restaurant.
6. On the cab ride back to Sarah's apartment, what does Starbuck do?
(b) Yells at her.
(d) Remains silent.
7. Vonnegut describes Hapgood as a _______ figure.
8. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
(a) They were enemies.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They had lunch once.
9. Where did Hapgood go to college?
10. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(b) Red ribbon.
(c) Name tag.
11. What did Starbuck's son change his name to?
(a) A fake name.
(b) His wife's name.
(c) His mother's maiden name.
(d) Back to the original Polish.
12. What did Starbuck become involved with because of Sarah?
(a) The Communist Party.
13. One of the factory workers was whose mother?
(b) Sarah Wyatt's.
(d) Mary Kathleen O'Looney's.
14. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Strict new laws.
(b) A peace treaty.
(d) Several deaths.
15. Why did Starbuck originally stay at the Hotel Arapahoe?
(a) It was very famous.
(b) It was inexpensive.
(c) Sarah Wyatt wanted to.
(d) McCone told him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what magazine was Fender's story of Vicuna published?
2. Starbuck is released from prison in _____.
3. What is Starbuck's relationship with his prison guard?
4. How did the factory workers for the Wyatt family become poisoned?
5. What were the repercussions for Starbuck's involvement in Watergate?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)