|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarah's family painted their clocks with _______.
(a) Black paint.
(b) Wood stain.
(c) Water color.
2. What does the limo driver wear on his uniform?
(a) A red ribbon.
(b) A woman's pin.
(c) The RAMJAC logo.
(d) A name tag.
3. Why was Sarah furious with Starbuck?
(a) He was trying to impress her.
(b) He lied to her.
(c) He had bad intentions.
(d) He made fun of her dress.
4. Starbuck makes fun of Nixon for _________.
(a) His bad jokes.
(b) His weight problems.
(c) His bad pronunciation.
(d) How much he smokes.
5. Where does Starbuck's suit look like it came from?
(a) An expensive store.
(b) A bargain basement.
(c) A rich man's trash can.
(d) A celebrity's closet.
6. What was Starbuck's relationship with Nixon?
(a) They were friends from high school.
(b) They met but never spoke.
(c) They hated each other.
(d) They were good friends.
7. What was the result of the Cuyahoga Massacre?
(a) Several deaths.
(b) A peace treaty.
(c) Strict new laws.
8. For whom did Hapgood crusade?
(a) The elderly.
(c) The disadvantaged.
9. What does Starbuck say to defend himself to Sarah?
(a) She didn't understand the situation.
(b) He does everything out of love.
(c) His actions were an accident.
(d) They people deserved what they got.
10. About children, Ruth prophesied, "If I had one, it would be a _______."
11. How much money did Starbuck have before he went to prison?
(a) A few cents.
(b) A million dollars.
(c) A few hundred thousand dollars.
(d) A thousand dollars.
12. From whom does Vonnegut receive a letter?
(a) A fan.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His editor.
13. A Frenchman at the airport is angry because of the ________ on Starbuck's suit.
(a) Name tag.
(b) Red ribbon.
14. After their date, what happens to Sarah's and Starbuck's relationship?
(a) They stay good friends.
(b) They get married.
(c) The never speak to each other again.
(d) They stay together.
15. What did Hapgood do for Sacco and Vanzetti?
(b) Post bail.
(c) Send food.
(d) Defend in court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's relationship with Powers Hapgood?
2. Whom does Starbuck lavishly tip in front of Sarah?
3. When Starbuck met Ruth, what was she?
4. Where did Hapgood go to college?
5. In the letter Vonnegut receives, it reads: "_______ will prevail."
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)