|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) They run to Lincoln, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(b) They run to Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(c) They run to Robert E. Lee, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(d) They run to Ulysses S Grant, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
2. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
(b) Hard work.
3. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
(a) Opal and Franky.
(b) Anna and Jesse.
(c) Martha and Jacob.
(d) Susie and Jack.
4. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
6. Where are Marguerite and her servants preparing to leave when they are beset by Union soldiers on the road?
7. Which of Marguerite's servants is pregnant?
8. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
9. Who has died in Part IV, Chapter 60, that the grandmother continually prayers about?
10. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A piece of bacon.
(d) A piece of ham.
11. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
(a) Her son's birthday party.
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) Her anniversary party.
(d) Her New Year's Eve party.
12. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is shot several times in the chest.
(b) He is shot in the head.
(c) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(d) He takes his own life.
13. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
14. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(b) He wishes he could talk to him.
(c) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(d) He does not sit well in a saddle.
15. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
(b) Praying and crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
2. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
3. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
4. What does Marguerite demand from the bank after she notices Silas's invoices were not filed correctly?
5. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)