|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Baptist.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Protestant.
(d) A Lutheran.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
(d) Having affairs.
4. Which servant leaves Marguerite on the road after the incident with the Union soldiers?
5. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
(a) He asks him to tell his family that he loves them and that his younger brother will have to take over as man of the house.
(b) He asks him please to watch over his family for him.
(c) He asks him to tell his sweetheart, Ally, that he loves her.
(d) He asks him to please find his father and tell him to go home.
6. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
(b) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(c) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(d) "Marching 'Round Selma".
7. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
(b) Praying and crying.
8. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
9. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(b) Bonnie Blue Flag.
(c) Here's Your Mule.
(d) Southern Wagon.
10. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
11. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
(a) Wild Darrell.
(b) Funny Farrell.
(c) Silly Sally.
(d) Crazy Harry.
12. Where does Duncan return to two days after Christmas in Part IV, Chapter 60?
13. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
(a) He says that they will be paid to be soldiers.
(b) He says that they have to decide for themselves what to fight for.
(c) He says that Lincoln is the reason that blacks are free to make a choice for themselves.
(d) He says that white men are better soldiers.
14. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
(b) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(c) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
(d) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
15. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
(a) Carl Danzinger.
(b) Mark Danzinger.
(c) Seth Danzinger.
(d) Jacob Danzinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
2. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
3. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
4. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
5. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)