|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Duncan return to two days after Christmas in Part IV, Chapter 60?
2. Which of Marguerite's servants is pregnant?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
(c) Having affairs.
4. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
5. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) His crimes.
(b) His friends.
(c) His family.
(d) His horse.
6. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a beaten people."
(b) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a conquered people."
7. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
8. After one of her servants leaves her on the road, what does Marguerite use to carry a small ham and some other small belongings?
(a) A small cart.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A handbag.
(d) A sling.
9. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is shot several times in the chest.
(b) He takes his own life.
(c) He is shot in the head.
(d) He is stabbed in the stomach.
10. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of ham.
(c) A piece of bread.
(d) A piece of cake.
11. What does Marguerite demand from the bank after she notices Silas's invoices were not filed correctly?
(a) That they convert his assets to gold currency instead of Confederate money or cotton pledges.
(b) That they convert his assess to silver currency instead of Confederate money.
(c) That they file Silas's invoices correctly.
(d) That they pay her back with interest.
12. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
(a) Two days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four days.
13. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
(a) About where she will run if Lexington falls to the Union.
(b) About where she will run if Richmond falls to the Union.
(c) About where she will run if Charleston falls to the Union.
(d) About where she will run if Wilmington falls to the Union.
14. Where is Silas killed?
15. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her story to another newspaper.
(c) The bank.
(d) Her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
2. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
3. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
4. What lesson did Jesse learn growing up that Duncan did not have to learn?
5. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)