|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of Marguerite's servants, who were former slaves?
(a) Kizzy and Mingo.
(b) Karla and Mingo.
(c) Karla and Manny.
(d) Kizzy and Martha.
2. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
3. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Guard watch.
(c) Building a fort.
(d) Making the barracks livable.
4. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
(a) Her New Year's Eve party.
(b) Her birthday party.
(c) Her son's birthday party.
(d) Her anniversary party.
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
(c) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
6. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(c) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
(d) He is sick a lot.
7. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
(c) Plow a field.
8. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) A young Union soldier.
(b) A young Confederate soldier.
(c) A runaway male slave.
(d) A runaway female slave.
9. What is Alexander's explanation for why he is a member of the renegade group?
(a) He says he was "trying to fight for the right side."
(b) He says he was not "an honest man."
(c) He says he was "an honest man."
(d) He says he was "trying to redeem himself."
10. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
(a) He asks him to please find his father and tell him to go home.
(b) He asks him to tell his sweetheart, Ally, that he loves her.
(c) He asks him please to watch over his family for him.
(d) He asks him to tell his family that he loves them and that his younger brother will have to take over as man of the house.
11. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
12. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
(a) A hospital.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A fort.
13. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
(a) He is not certain about his feelings for Maggie.
(b) He is not certain about his feelings for Martha.
(c) He is not certain about his feelings for Sally.
(d) He is not certain about his feelings for Abigail.
14. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) A piece of bread.
(c) A piece of ham.
(d) A piece of bacon.
15. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
(b) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
(c) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(d) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's crew of blockade-runners?
2. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
4. What does Marguerite tell her remaining servant after the other servant leaves them on the road in Part IV, Chapter 62?
5. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)