|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is sick a lot.
(d) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
4. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
(b) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
(c) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(d) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
5. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
(a) Long sleeved shirts.
(b) Shirts with buttons.
(c) Neckwear that requires tying.
(d) Shoes with laces.
6. What do the Union soldiers take from Marguerite and her servants as they are preparing to leave the city?
(a) Money and their horses.
(b) Their cow and jewelry.
(c) Their food.
(d) Bags of clothing.
7. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A single basket of food.
(c) A couple shirts.
(d) A couple gallons of water.
8. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) A runaway female slave.
(b) A young Union soldier.
(c) A young Confederate soldier.
(d) A runaway male slave.
9. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Lutheran.
(b) A Protestant.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Baptist.
10. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(b) Bonnie Blue Flag.
(c) Southern Wagon.
(d) Here's Your Mule.
11. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
12. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Master Abraham.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Savior Abraham.
(d) King Lincoln.
13. How does Silas describe the conditions in the Confederate Army?
14. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Guard watch.
(b) Making the barracks livable.
(c) Finding food.
(d) Building a fort.
15. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marguerite tell her remaining servant after the other servant leaves them on the road in Part IV, Chapter 62?
2. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
3. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
4. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
5. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)