|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They capture several Union soldiers.
(b) They surrender to the enemy.
(c) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(d) They are captured and several of them are killed.
2. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
3. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
(a) 4th of July.
(c) New Years Eve.
4. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Lutheran.
(c) A Protestant.
(d) A Baptist.
5. Who agrees to marry Duncan while visiting his old home?
6. What do the Union soldiers tell Marguerite's servants after besetting them on the road?
(a) That they had better turn around and go the other way.
(b) That they can come with them.
(c) That they should head to Mexico.
(d) That they are eventually going to die.
7. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(b) Escape back to his regiment.
(c) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(d) Escape back through the Union lines.
8. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(a) One of the Union renegades.
(b) One of the Confederate renegades.
(d) One of the Union soldiers.
9. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) They run to Ulysses S Grant, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(b) They run to Lincoln, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(c) They run to Robert E. Lee, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
(d) They run to Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson, touching his clothing and even his horse with great reverence.
10. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
11. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(b) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(c) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(d) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
12. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the girl.
(b) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the boy.
(c) He tells Alexander to shoot the runaway slave.
(d) He tells Alexander to tie the boy up and take him as their prisoner.
13. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(b) He is shot several times in the chest.
(c) He takes his own life.
(d) He is shot in the head.
14. Where is Silas killed?
15. Why is Silas in the Confederate Army in Part IV, Chapter 61?
(a) Maggie wanted him too.
(b) He was drafted.
(c) He volunteered.
(d) He was forced; they would have killed him if he did not join.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
2. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
4. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
5. What does Marguerite demand from the bank after she notices Silas's invoices were not filed correctly?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)