|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
(a) Confederate President David.
(b) Confederate President Blackburn.
(c) Confederate President Barker.
(d) Confederate President Davis.
2. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
3. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(b) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
(c) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
(d) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
4. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
(a) That they know his father to be a spy for the Confederate Army.
(b) That they know he is a spy for the Confederate Army.
(c) That they know he is a spy for the Union Army.
(d) That they know his father to be a spy for the Union Army.
5. What does Silas warn Marguerite about before he leaves to become a solider in the Confederate Army?
(a) About where she will run if Richmond falls to the Union.
(b) About where she will run if Lexington falls to the Union.
(c) About where she will run if Wilmington falls to the Union.
(d) About where she will run if Charleston falls to the Union.
6. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
(c) Hard work.
7. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) The bank.
(c) Her story to another newspaper.
(d) Her house.
8. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
9. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He is shot several times in the chest.
(b) He takes his own life.
(c) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(d) He is shot in the head.
10. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
(a) Georgians will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(b) "The Union soldiers will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(c) "I will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(d) "Virginians would fight until every man and boy was dead."
11. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
12. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
13. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
(a) He tells Alexander to shoot the runaway slave.
(b) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the girl.
(c) He tells Alexander not to lay a hand on the boy.
(d) He tells Alexander to tie the boy up and take him as their prisoner.
14. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
15. In Part IV, Chapter 63, Sallie writes a letter describing her wedding. To whom does she write her letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
2. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
3. Where is Silas killed?
4. What is the Confederate President's answer to Duncan's question at the event?
5. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)