|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) They are dragged.
(b) They walk.
(c) By horseback.
(d) By carriage.
2. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of torn up clothing.
(b) Hundreds of boots.
(c) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(d) Piles of human heads.
3. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(b) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(c) Camp Winder Hospital.
(d) Camp Wagner Hospital.
4. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They are taken as prisoner.
(b) They are both badly wounded.
(c) They run away.
(d) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(c) One hundred dollars.
(d) Two thousand dollars.
6. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
7. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
8. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Samuel Gatewood.
9. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Layla and Donny.
(b) Laura and Denny.
(c) Leona and Duncan.
(d) Lana and Daniel.
10. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) New York.
(c) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(d) Dominican Republic.
11. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He stole some food.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He tried to run away.
12. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
13. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
14. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He locks him in the cellar.
(b) He sells him.
(c) He whips him.
(d) He ties him up.
15. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(a) Uther Botkin.
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Cousin Molly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
2. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
3. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)