|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
2. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
3. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
4. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A restaurant.
6. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Charleston.
(b) Camp Bartow.
(c) Camp Williamsburg.
(d) Camp Birmingham.
7. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
8. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
9. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
10. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Killed herself.
(c) Pleaded for mercy.
(d) Ran away.
11. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A lieutenant.
(b) A sergeant.
(c) A cook.
(d) A courier.
12. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Confederate Army.
(b) To run naked down the street.
(c) To marry his girlfriend.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
13. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
(a) Outside wives.
(d) Friendly companions.
14. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(b) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
(c) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(d) It is torn down.
15. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Enoch Ommar.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Erik Ophikeans.
(d) Ernest Ommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)