|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sallie Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Sara Botkin.
2. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are half-brothers.
(b) That they are brothers.
(c) That he is his son.
(d) That they are cousins.
3. What does Silas do for a living?
(a) Buys and sells slaves.
4. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
5. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Two thousand dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Sixteen hundred dollars.
(d) Twelve hundred dollars.
6. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That he will be punished for running away.
(b) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) That he is lower than dirt.
(d) That they are going to die.
7. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Join the Union Army.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never sell slaves again.
8. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(b) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(c) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
9. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(b) She is shot in the stomach several times.
(c) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(d) Her throat is slit.
10. How old is Uther Botkin?
11. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) At Uther Botkin's place.
(b) In Lexington with his family.
(c) Hidden in the woods.
(d) At Stratford with her family.
12. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
13. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
14. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
15. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
(a) A way to feed his family.
(b) A way to harvest all his apples.
(c) A way to gather his crops.
(d) A way to herd in his cattle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
2. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)