|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Moving Forward Organization.
(b) Works Progress Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) United America Administration.
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Join the Union Army.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never sell slaves again.
3. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
4. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
5. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) One bit.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
6. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Danzinger family.
(b) The Dillinger family.
(c) The Fredericks family.
(d) The Duggar family.
7. How old is Uther Botkin?
8. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
9. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(a) Her friend Martha.
(b) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
10. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
(b) Because she is a prostitute.
(c) Because she is a slave.
(d) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
11. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) Birmingham, Alabama.
12. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
13. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he sides with the North.
(b) Because he owns slaves.
(c) Because he is an abolitionist.
(d) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
14. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
15. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Susie Botkin.
(c) Sallie Botkin.
(d) Sammy Botkin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
2. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
3. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)