|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
2. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Rex's Snow.
(c) The story of Max's Snow.
(d) The story of Fox's Snow.
3. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Birmingham.
(b) Camp Charleston.
(c) Camp Williamsburg.
(d) Camp Bartow.
4. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
5. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(c) Uther Botkin's son.
(d) Uther Botkin's brother.
6. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are cousins.
(b) That they are half-brothers.
(c) That they are brothers.
(d) That he is his son.
7. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he owns slaves.
(c) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(d) Because he sides with the North.
8. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(d) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
9. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
10. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) Jared Lock.
(b) James Lane.
(c) John Lavell.
(d) Jack Laurence.
11. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Duggar family.
(b) The Dillinger family.
(c) The Danzinger family.
(d) The Fredericks family.
12. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
13. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
14. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Ernest Ommon.
15. How old is Uther Botkin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
3. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)