|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Mumford Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
2. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Rex's Snow.
(b) Fox's Snow.
(c) Max's Snow.
(d) Cox's Snow.
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He tried to run away.
(b) He killed someone.
(c) He stole some food.
(d) He beat someone up.
4. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Lexington, Virginia.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
6. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
7. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Northern Army.
(b) To join the Confederate Army.
(c) To run naked down the street.
(d) To marry his girlfriend.
8. What does Silas do for a living?
(d) Buys and sells slaves.
9. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Fredericks family.
(b) The Dillinger family.
(c) The Duggar family.
(d) The Danzinger family.
10. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Winder Hospital.
(b) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(c) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(d) Camp Wagner Hospital.
11. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Never sell slaves again.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Join the Union Army.
12. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(d) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
13. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
14. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Susie Botkin.
(b) Sara Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Sallie Botkin.
15. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ellam Omohundru.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Ernest Ommon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
4. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)