|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Enoch Ommar.
(c) Ellam Omohundru.
(d) Ernest Ommon.
2. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She is shot in the stomach several times.
(b) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(c) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(d) Her throat is slit.
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two bits.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) One bit.
4. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
5. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
6. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To marry his girlfriend.
(b) To run naked down the street.
(c) To join the Confederate Army.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
7. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(c) Samuel Gatewood.
8. How old is Uther Botkin?
9. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
10. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Susie Botkin.
(c) Sammy Botkin.
(d) Sallie Botkin.
11. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(a) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
(c) Her friend Martha.
12. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A sergeant.
(b) A courier.
(c) A lieutenant.
(d) A cook.
13. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Join the Union Army.
(c) Never sell slaves again.
(d) Join the Confederate Army.
14. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
(a) Max's Snow.
(b) Rex's Snow.
(c) Cox's Snow.
(d) Fox's Snow.
15. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
Short Answer Questions
1. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
2. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
3. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)