|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Crafton's Hotel.
(b) Viewmont Hotel.
(c) Wilson's Hotel.
(d) Jackson's Hotel.
2. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
3. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) New York.
(b) Nassau, the Bahamas.
(d) Dominican Republic.
4. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
(a) The area prior to the hanging of Mike Lewis.
(b) The area prior to the hanging of John Brown.
(c) The area prior to the hanging of Matt Louis.
(d) The area prior to the hanging of Jake Bowers.
5. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
(a) Camp Wayner Hospital.
(b) Camp Wyatt Hospital.
(c) Camp Wagner Hospital.
(d) Camp Winder Hospital.
6. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Less men joining the army.
(b) The Confederates to win more battles.
(c) Winter storms.
(d) Spring rains.
7. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two bits.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) One bit.
8. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are brothers.
(b) That he is his son.
(c) That they are half-brothers.
(d) That they are cousins.
9. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(b) Bar owners.
(c) Blockade runners.
(d) Plantation owners.
10. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
(a) It is torn down.
(b) The pole is set on fire and the flag is burned.
(c) It is waved around while everyone cheers.
(d) It breaks, sending the flag crashing to the ground.
11. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Fox's Snow.
(b) The story of Cox's Snow.
(c) The story of Max's Snow.
(d) The story of Rex's Snow.
12. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
13. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By horseback.
(b) By carriage.
(c) They walk.
(d) They are dragged.
14. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
(a) Her friend Martha.
(d) Abigail's Cousin Molly.
15. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Join the Union Army.
(b) Never harbor slaves again.
(c) Join the Confederate Army.
(d) Never sell slaves again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
3. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
4. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
5. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)