|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
(a) Twelve hundred dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Two thousand dollars.
(d) Sixteen hundred dollars.
2. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
3. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
4. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
5. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
(a) She wants to ensure that Jesse will love Jacob as his own.
(b) She wants to ensure that Silas will love Jacob as his own.
(c) She wants to ensure that Duncan will love Jacob as his own.
(d) She wants to ensure that Samuel will love Jacob as his own.
6. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
7. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
(a) Property bordering Gatewood Plantation.
(b) Property bordering O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Property bordering Mumford Plantation.
(d) Property bordering Stratford Plantation.
8. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
(d) He delivers the message and returns safely.
9. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(b) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
10. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
11. How old is Uther Botkin?
12. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Fredericks family.
(b) The Danzinger family.
(c) The Dillinger family.
(d) The Duggar family.
13. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
14. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Rex's Snow.
(c) The story of Fox's Snow.
(d) The story of Max's Snow.
15. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A restaurant.
(d) A plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
3. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)