|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
2. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Bartow.
(b) Camp Charleston.
(c) Camp Birmingham.
(d) Camp Williamsburg.
3. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
6. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
7. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Remembering Our Past Project.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Works Progress Administration.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
8. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
9. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(b) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(c) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(d) She is pregnant with his child.
10. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
(a) They fight him and he runs off.
(b) They tell the boy to return the way he came.
(c) They kill him.
(d) They take him as a prisoner.
11. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
12. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
(c) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
13. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) Jared Lock.
(b) James Lane.
(c) John Lavell.
(d) Jack Laurence.
14. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His leg.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His arm.
(d) His stomach.
15. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Spring rains.
(b) Less men joining the army.
(c) Winter storms.
(d) The Confederates to win more battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
5. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)