|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He punches him.
(d) He does not mind at all.
2. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Bar owners.
(c) Plantation owners.
(d) Blockade runners.
3. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
4. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
(c) Plow a field.
5. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Protestant.
(b) A Lutheran.
(c) A Christian.
(d) A Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
2. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
3. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)