|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) The immediately begin fighting back.
(d) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
(a) Jack Laurence.
(b) James Lane.
(c) Jared Lock.
(d) John Lavell.
3. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Union lines.
(b) Escape back to his regiment.
(c) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(d) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
4. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) When the fighting will stop.
(b) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(c) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) Why the war had to happen.
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Ellam Omohundru.
(b) Erik Ophikeans.
(c) Ernest Ommon.
(d) Enoch Ommar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood purchase from Uther Botkin?
4. In Part IV, Chapter 52, whom does Jesse and his company see coming down the road?
5. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)