|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
(d) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
3. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
5. What happens to Jesse and several other black soldiers after they are captured by the Confederates in Part IV, Chapter 56?
(a) They are sent directly to prison.
(b) They are beaten and shackled.
(c) The men are being released to former masters, providing those masters want to take them, or they go to jail.
(d) They release them with a warning to return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
2. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
3. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
4. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
5. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)