|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(b) He is sick a lot.
(c) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
(d) He is crippled.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
3. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(b) Escape back to his regiment.
(c) Escape back through the Union lines.
(d) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
4. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
(b) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) Building a bridge.
(b) At a factory.
(c) On a dock.
(d) Cleaning latrines.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
3. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
4. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
5. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)