|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
(a) Funny Farrell.
(b) Silly Sally.
(c) Crazy Harry.
(d) Wild Darrell.
2. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back to his regiment.
(b) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(c) Escape back through the Union lines.
(d) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
(a) Less men joining the army.
(b) Spring rains.
(c) Winter storms.
(d) The Confederates to win more battles.
4. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Killed herself.
(b) Put up more of a fight.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Pleaded for mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lesson did Jesse learn growing up that Duncan did not have to learn?
2. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
3. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
4. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)