|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(b) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(c) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(d) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
2. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
(a) Her anniversary party.
(b) Her New Year's Eve party.
(c) Her son's birthday party.
(d) Her birthday party.
3. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Williamsburg.
(b) Camp Bartow.
(c) Camp Charleston.
(d) Camp Birmingham.
4. What is Jesse teaching to others in the army before he hears men singing?
5. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The summer planting.
(b) The winter planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The spring planting.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
3. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
4. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
5. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)