|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) He delivers the message and returns safely.
(b) He falls into a bramble thicket and runs away.
(c) He trips and falls down a hill, breaking his leg.
(d) He is shot.
3. Who is Jesse?
(a) Uther Botkin's slave boy.
(b) Uther Botkin's brother.
(c) Uther Botkin's nephew.
(d) Uther Botkin's son.
4. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(b) A plantation.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A restaurant.
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) United America Administration.
(b) Moving Forward Organization.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) Works Progress Administration.
Short Answer Questions
1. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
2. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
5. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)