|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(b) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(c) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(d) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(b) Bucking Bronco.
3. Why is Duncan uncertain about marriage?
(a) He is not certain about his feelings for Sally.
(b) He is not certain about his feelings for Maggie.
(c) He is not certain about his feelings for Abigail.
(d) He is not certain about his feelings for Martha.
4. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is sick a lot.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
(d) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
5. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
(a) Confederate President Blackburn.
(b) Confederate President Barker.
(c) Confederate President Davis.
(d) Confederate President David.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
3. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
4. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)