|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
(b) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
(c) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(d) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
2. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) The bank.
(b) Her story to another newspaper.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
(b) Praying and crying.
4. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Guard watch.
(b) Finding food.
(c) Building a fort.
(d) Making the barracks livable.
5. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
2. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
3. The woman traveling the countryside hears a lot about a storm. What is the name of the storm?
4. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)