|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
2. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
4. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) His family.
(b) His crimes.
(c) His friends.
(d) His horse.
5. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
(a) Martha and Jacob.
(b) Opal and Franky.
(c) Susie and Jack.
(d) Anna and Jesse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
2. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
3. What does Silas do for a living?
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)