|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A single basket of food.
(b) A jug of beer.
(c) A couple shirts.
(d) A couple gallons of water.
2. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Pleaded for mercy.
(c) Ran away.
(d) Killed herself.
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(b) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
(c) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(d) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
4. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Union lines.
(b) Escape back to his regiment.
(c) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(d) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) On a dock.
(b) At a factory.
(c) Cleaning latrines.
(d) Building a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
3. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
4. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
5. What is Jesse teaching to others in the army before he hears men singing?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)