|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
2. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
(a) A Lutheran.
(b) A Christian.
(c) A Protestant.
(d) A Baptist.
3. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back to his regiment.
(b) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(c) Escape back through the Union lines.
(d) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
4. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
(a) He says that white men are better soldiers.
(b) He says that they will be paid to be soldiers.
(c) He says that Lincoln is the reason that blacks are free to make a choice for themselves.
(d) He says that they have to decide for themselves what to fight for.
5. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. While traveling home from prayer meeting, renegades stop Alexander's buggy. What do they tell the Danzinger boy who is traveling with him?
3. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
4. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
5. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)