|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Martha.
(b) He is trying to find Sallie.
(c) He is trying to find Maggie.
(d) He is trying to find Rita.
2. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two bits.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) One bit.
3. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(c) A freshly baked pie.
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Fox's Snow.
(c) The story of Rex's Snow.
(d) The story of Max's Snow.
5. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That he is lower than dirt.
(b) That they are going to die.
(c) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) That he will be punished for running away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
2. How many months after Uther Botkin's wife gives birth does she die?
3. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
4. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
5. What does Marguerite demand from the bank after she notices Silas's invoices were not filed correctly?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)