|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
2. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
3. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
(a) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's insistence that she remain away from society as much as possible.
(b) She is flirting with a lot of his men.
(c) He does not like her son Jacob.
(d) He has begun to be angry about Marguerite's attitude about his long hours at work.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) He does not lose.
(b) His favorite rifle.
(c) A great deal of money and his watch.
(d) A little bit of money.
5. What happens to Jesse and several other black soldiers after they are captured by the Confederates in Part IV, Chapter 56?
(a) They are sent directly to prison.
(b) The men are being released to former masters, providing those masters want to take them, or they go to jail.
(c) They release them with a warning to return home.
(d) They are beaten and shackled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
2. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
4. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)