|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His arm.
3. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(a) Bucking Bronco.
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He sells him.
(b) He locks him in the cellar.
(c) He ties him up.
(d) He whips him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
2. What lesson did Jesse learn growing up that Duncan did not have to learn?
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
5. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)