|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Uther teach Duncan and Jesse to do in their youth?
(c) Plow a field.
2. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
(a) To join the Confederate Army.
(b) To marry his girlfriend.
(c) To run naked down the street.
(d) To join the Northern Army.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sara and Alexander.
(b) Sallie and Alexander.
(c) Sammy and Alexander.
(d) Susie and Alexander.
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
2. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
5. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)