|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
(d) The immediately begin fighting back.
2. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(b) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(c) A freshly baked pie.
(d) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
3. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(d) Bucking Bronco.
4. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
(c) Having affairs.
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A restaurant.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
2. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
4. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)