|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Duncan tells his sister about the Union and Confederate troops camping so near each other that the music from the Union camp could be heard clearly. What song do the Union musicians play at the Confederate troops' request?
(a) Here's Your Mule.
(b) Bonnie Blue Flag.
(c) Southern Wagon.
2. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
3. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(b) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
(c) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(d) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
4. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
5. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
3. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
4. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
5. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)