|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
(a) She wants to ensure that Samuel will love Jacob as his own.
(b) She wants to ensure that Silas will love Jacob as his own.
(c) She wants to ensure that Jesse will love Jacob as his own.
(d) She wants to ensure that Duncan will love Jacob as his own.
2. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Master Abraham.
(b) King Lincoln.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) Savior Abraham.
3. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sallie Botkin.
(b) Sammy Botkin.
(c) Sara Botkin.
(d) Susie Botkin.
4. How old is the newspaper that Jesse reads to his men about the Gettysburg Address?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Four days.
5. How many years does the judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to serve in jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
2. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
3. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
4. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
5. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)