|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For being abolitionists.
(b) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(c) For stealing money.
(d) For killing someone.
2. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(b) He does not sit well in a saddle.
(c) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(d) He wishes he could talk to him.
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
(a) Hidden in the woods.
(b) At Stratford with her family.
(c) In Lexington with his family.
(d) At Uther Botkin's place.
4. What is Alexander's explanation for why he is a member of the renegade group?
(a) He says he was "trying to redeem himself."
(b) He says he was "trying to fight for the right side."
(c) He says he was "an honest man."
(d) He says he was not "an honest man."
5. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
(a) Opal and Franky.
(b) Martha and Jacob.
(c) Anna and Jesse.
(d) Susie and Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Catesby become now that he has "renounced his previous sinful ways"?
2. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. Why does Marguerite not want to have another baby?
5. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)