|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) Her story to another newspaper.
(b) Her house.
(c) The bank.
(d) Her jewelry.
3. How old is Uther Botkin?
4. What is Alexander's explanation for why he is a member of the renegade group?
(a) He says he was not "an honest man."
(b) He says he was "trying to redeem himself."
(c) He says he was "trying to fight for the right side."
(d) He says he was "an honest man."
5. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
3. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
4. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
5. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)