|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(b) Bucking Bronco.
2. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
(a) Gatewood Plantation in South Carolina.
(b) Stratford Plantation in Virginia.
(c) Mumford Plantation in North Carolina.
(d) O'Hara Plantation in Mississippi.
3. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Rita.
(b) He is trying to find Sallie.
(c) He is trying to find Maggie.
(d) He is trying to find Martha.
4. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He does not sit well in a saddle.
(b) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(c) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(d) He wishes he could talk to him.
5. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
2. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
3. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
5. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)