|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What is the name of the surgeon who reminds Jesse that he will put money into a savings account for any man that requests it?
4. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of torn up clothing.
(b) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(c) Hundreds of boots.
(d) Piles of human heads.
5. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That they are cousins.
(b) That he is his son.
(c) That they are half-brothers.
(d) That they are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
2. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
3. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
4. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
5. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)