|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For killing someone.
(b) For being abolitionists.
(c) For stealing money.
(d) For the mistreatment of slaves.
2. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
3. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
(a) Georgians will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(b) "Virginians would fight until every man and boy was dead."
(c) "I will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
(d) "The Union soldiers will not give up fighting until every man and boy is dead."
4. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
(b) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(c) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(d) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
5. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
(a) That Abraham Lincoln has made the Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) That he will be punished for running away.
(c) That they are going to die.
(d) That he is lower than dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
3. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
4. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)