|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he sides with the North.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he is an abolitionist.
(d) Because he owns slaves.
3. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
(a) His arm.
(b) His shoulder.
(c) His leg.
(d) His stomach.
4. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Dillinger family.
(b) The Fredericks family.
(c) The Duggar family.
(d) The Danzinger family.
5. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(b) One of the Union renegades.
(c) One of the Confederate renegades.
(d) One of the Union soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
2. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
3. Who is Jesse?
4. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
5. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)