|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) That he will not live through the night.
(b) That he needs not to worry about it.
(c) That she does not know.
(d) The he will survive.
2. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
3. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By horseback.
(b) They are dragged.
(c) They walk.
(d) By carriage.
4. To whom does Catesby want Samuel Gatewood to write a letter?
5. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Join the Confederate Army.
(c) Join the Union Army.
(d) Never sell slaves again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
3. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the hospital that Duncan is staying at after his injuries in Part III, Chapter 32?
5. What are woman like Marguerite known as at the governor's party?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)