|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose custody is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife released into in Part II, Chapter 23?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Cousin Molly.
(d) Uther Botkin.
2. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He locks him in the cellar.
(b) He sells him.
(c) He ties him up.
(d) He whips him.
3. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(b) He is too tired to work.
(c) He wants them to all die.
(d) He is too emotionally upset to work.
4. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
5. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Crafton's Hotel.
(b) Jackson's Hotel.
(c) Viewmont Hotel.
(d) Wilson's Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
2. What does Catesby's daughter say her mother spends her time doing now that her father is dead?
3. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
4. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
5. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)