|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
(a) Long sleeved shirts.
(b) Shoes with laces.
(c) Shirts with buttons.
(d) Neckwear that requires tying.
2. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Stratford Plantation.
(b) O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Mumford Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
3. What does Silas do for a living?
(b) Buys and sells slaves.
4. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Cox's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Rex's Snow.
(d) The story of Fox's Snow.
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) January 22, 1857.
(c) February 22, 1858.
(d) March 22, 1859.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
2. After his essay in Part I, Chapter 13, whom does Samuel Gatewood try to convince to stop running away?
3. Where is the battle that Catesby and Samuel Gatewood's son are fighting in Part II, Chapter 19?
4. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
5. What happens to the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)