|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
(a) Sara Botkin.
(b) Sallie Botkin.
(c) Susie Botkin.
(d) Sammy Botkin.
2. The work Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife does at the hospital is trying until she realizes the truth of her cousin's attitude. What does she realize?
(a) That she needs to be more compassionate and really feel for the soldiers.
(b) That the nurses can do everything they can for the wounded, but that the nurses themselves must go on living.
(c) That she must not ever cry or let herself feel for the soldiers.
(d) That she needs to realize that her life is also very fragile.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He wishes he could talk to him.
(b) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(c) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(d) He does not sit well in a saddle.
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) Cleaning latrines.
(b) Building a bridge.
(c) At a factory.
(d) On a dock.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the way home from prayer meeting, whom is Alexander traveling with when their buggy is stopped by renegades?
2. How much money is the slave that Silas's nephew had sex with being sold for?
3. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
4. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife. Whom does he urge her to keep an eye on?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)