|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(b) He is sick a lot.
(c) He is crippled.
(d) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
2. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(b) One of the Confederate renegades.
(c) One of the Union renegades.
(d) One of the Union soldiers.
3. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
(a) The story of Rex's Snow.
(b) The story of Max's Snow.
(c) The story of Cox's Snow.
(d) The story of Fox's Snow.
4. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A jug of beer.
(b) A couple shirts.
(c) A single basket of food.
(d) A couple gallons of water.
5. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(b) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(c) She is pregnant with his child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
2. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
3. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
4. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)