|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
(a) Sara and Alexander.
(b) Susie and Alexander.
(c) Sallie and Alexander.
(d) Sammy and Alexander.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) That he needs not to worry about it.
(b) The he will survive.
(c) That she does not know.
(d) That he will not live through the night.
4. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) King's House.
(b) Commander's House.
(c) Captain's House.
(d) Chief's House.
5. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
(a) That they should join the army for vengeance against the Confederates.
(b) That they should join the army or become slaves again.
(c) That they must join the army or starve to death.
(d) That they are not good enough to join the army, but they will take them anyway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
5. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)