|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
2. What is the name of Silas's ship that he is awaiting the arrival of in Part IV, Chapter 53?
(a) Wild Darrell.
(b) Crazy Harry.
(c) Silly Sally.
(d) Funny Farrell.
3. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
(b) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(c) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
(d) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
4. What is the name of the horse that Duncan has had since he was a child?
5. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(b) He does not sit well in a saddle.
(c) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(d) He wishes he could talk to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
2. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
3. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
4. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
5. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)