|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Catesby's daughter?
2. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
3. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
4. What is the name of Catesby's bunkmate in Part III, Chapter 42?
(a) Private Mitchell.
(b) Private Mark.
(c) Private Russell.
(d) Private Randall.
5. Where are Jesse and his company assigned to work in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) Cleaning latrines.
(b) On a dock.
(c) At a factory.
(d) Building a bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
2. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
3. What is supposed to arrive via rail the day of the holiday in Part III, Chapter 42, which has the men so excited?
4. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
5. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)