|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
2. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(c) Lexington, Virginia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Two bits.
(c) Two dollars.
(d) One bit.
4. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
5. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) April 22, 1856.
(b) March 22, 1859.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) February 22, 1858.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
2. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
3. What does Catesby tell his wife, in a letter, that he has given up?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)