|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He stole some food.
(d) He beat someone up.
2. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
(a) The Dillinger family.
(b) The Danzinger family.
(c) The Duggar family.
(d) The Fredericks family.
3. Where is Catesby involved in a terrible battle in Part IV, Chapter 47?
(a) Near the Lexington school house in Virginia.
(b) Near Spotsylvania Courthouse, Virginia.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
4. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. When does the story take place?
(a) February 22, 1858.
(b) April 22, 1856.
(c) January 22, 1857.
(d) March 22, 1859.
5. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman traveling the countryside meets up with a woman named Miss Marguerite. What story does she begin telling her?
2. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
3. After attending church in Part I, Chapter 9, who begs Jack to put in a good word with Samuel Gatewood?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)