|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the camp that Catesby sends his wife a letter from in Part II, Chapter 14?
(a) Camp Birmingham.
(b) Camp Charleston.
(c) Camp Bartow.
(d) Camp Williamsburg.
2. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Burying dead bodies.
(b) Burning dead bodies.
(c) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(d) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
4. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is put in a dark hole.
(d) He is given no food or water.
5. What does Catesby save from his holiday dinner to share with his bunkmate?
(a) A piece of bacon.
(b) A piece of ham.
(c) A piece of cake.
(d) A piece of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
3. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife pray for because it sometimes slows the number of wounded arriving at the hospital?
5. What does a recruiter for the army say to Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington that they do not care for?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)