|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) O'Hara Plantation.
(b) Mumford Plantation.
(c) Gatewood Plantation.
(d) Stratford Plantation.
2. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
3. What is the name of Catesby Byrd's wife?
4. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
(b) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(d) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
5. What holiday are Catesby and his fellow soldiers celebrating that they attend a prayer meeting?
(b) New Years Eve.
(d) 4th of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
2. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
3. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)