|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of torn up clothing.
(b) Piles of rotting human flesh.
(c) Piles of human heads.
(d) Hundreds of boots.
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He stole some food.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He beat someone up.
(d) He killed someone.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
4. How do Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife get to the jail after being sentenced?
(a) By carriage.
(b) By horseback.
(c) They walk.
(d) They are dragged.
5. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) Why the war had to happen.
(b) When the fighting will stop.
(c) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
2. Who is Duncan afraid has bewitched him?
3. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)