|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catesby tell Samuel he should send someone to get his son who has been wounded in battle?
(a) Wilson's Hotel.
(b) Jackson's Hotel.
(c) Viewmont Hotel.
(d) Crafton's Hotel.
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Why is Catesby's son not a help to his family?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He is selfish and wants nothing to do with his family.
(c) He is flighty and unwilling to help unless the mood strikes him.
(d) He is sick a lot.
4. What does the young Danzinger boy ask Alexander to do for him after it becomes evident the renegades are going to kill him?
(a) He asks him please to watch over his family for him.
(b) He asks him to please find his father and tell him to go home.
(c) He asks him to tell his family that he loves them and that his younger brother will have to take over as man of the house.
(d) He asks him to tell his sweetheart, Ally, that he loves her.
5. What happens to Alexander after he demands to be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) He is flogged.
(b) He is whipped with a chain.
(c) He is given no food or water.
(d) He is put in a dark hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
2. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
5. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)