|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Burning dead bodies.
(b) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(c) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(d) Burying dead bodies.
2. What happens to Duncan's horse during a battle in Chancellorsville, Virginia?
(a) She is slashed and her intestines spill out onto the ground.
(b) She stumbles and breaks her leg.
(c) She is shot in the stomach several times.
(d) Her throat is slit.
3. Catesby writes a letter to his wife in Part III, Chapter 32. What does he tell her has happened to Duncan?
(a) He has been severely injured and has brain damage.
(b) He has been severely injured and has lost an arm.
(c) He has been severely injured and has lost a leg.
(d) He has been severely injured and has lost a foot.
4. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) One bit.
(b) Two dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two bits.
5. Why is Samuel Gatewood's slave trying to run away?
(a) He is trying to find Rita.
(b) He is trying to find Maggie.
(c) He is trying to find Martha.
(d) He is trying to find Sallie.
Short Answer Questions
1. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
2. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
3. What did Uther Botkin inherit?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)