Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: Chapters Twenty-Eight through Thirty-Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
(a) Because he is an abolitionist.
(b) Because he sides with the Confederate Army.
(c) Because he owns slaves.
(d) Because he sides with the North.
2. What does Alexander tell Samuel Gatewood's son he claimed so he could be assigned to his regiment?
(a) That he is his son.
(b) That they are brothers.
(c) That they are cousins.
(d) That they are half-brothers.
3. While trying to find shelter from the big storm, whom does Samuel's son find inside a barn?
4. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
(a) Be completely silent.
(b) Manual labor.
(c) Sit in a dark room all day long.
(d) Make clothing for the Confederate Army.
5. Why does a judge sentence Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to jail?
(a) For stealing money.
(b) For the mistreatment of slaves.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For being abolitionists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's wife?
2. What is the name of the family that Alexander works for food and stays with in Part III, Chapter 35?
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
4. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
5. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)