|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters Fourteen through Twenty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the essay that Samuel Gatewood writes in Part I, Chapter 13?
(a) Remarks by a Plantation Owner.
(b) Remarks by a Slave Trader.
(c) Remarks by a Southern Abolitionist.
(d) Remarks by a Mountain Agriculturalist.
2. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
(a) Never harbor slaves again.
(b) Join the Union Army.
(c) Never sell slaves again.
(d) Join the Confederate Army.
3. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) A little bit of money.
(b) A great deal of money and his watch.
(c) His favorite rifle.
(d) He does not lose.
5. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The fall planting.
(b) The spring planting.
(c) The summer planting.
(d) The winter planting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
2. What does a Confederate solider tell Rufus and Jesse before shooting Rufus in the chest?
3. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
4. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)