|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters Eight through Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Uther Botkin's slave wish could help her with the planting, but can't because he is in jail?
2. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) He does not lose.
(d) A great deal of money and his watch.
3. How old is Uther Botkin?
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Lexington, Virginia.
(c) Birmingham, Alabama.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
5. What is the name of the school that Uther Botkin's daughter attends?
(a) School for the Gifted and Talented.
(b) Abby's Female Institution.
(c) Virginia Ladies College.
(d) Augusta Female Seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jesse?
2. What is the name of Uther Botkin's wife?
3. Two years after the big storm, what is Samuel's son guarding in Part I, Chapter 2?
4. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
5. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)