|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alexander quickly set up as in his new regiment because of his education and ability?
(a) A cook.
(b) A courier.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) A lieutenant.
2. Why is the person that Uther Botkin's slave wishes could help her with the planting in jail?
(a) He killed someone.
(b) He tried to run away.
(c) He stole some food.
(d) He beat someone up.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
(a) Put up more of a fight.
(b) Pleaded for mercy.
(c) Killed herself.
(d) Ran away.
4. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
5. After dumping piles of used bandages into a pit, how many patients does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell the surgeon he has waiting for the day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
2. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
3. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
4. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
5. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)