|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jesse's Captain in the army?
(a) Captain Fessler.
(b) Captain Fessenden.
(c) Captain Firestone.
(d) Captain Farley.
2. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his child.
(b) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is pregnant with his son's child.
3. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
4. What is Jesse teaching to others in the army before he hears men singing?
5. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
(a) Cleaning out the cesspools around the hospitals.
(b) Burying dead bodies.
(c) Taking the clothing off dead bodies.
(d) Burning dead bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. What are Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife forced to do while in jail?
3. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
4. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)