|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) When the fighting will stop.
(b) Why the war had to happen.
(c) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
2. What birthday is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife nearing in Part IV, Chapter 50?
3. What does the visitor bring Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife while visiting her in jail?
(a) Milk, a brush, and some candy.
(b) Soap, cheese, and other minor gifts.
(d) A freshly baked pie.
4. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(b) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
5. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her story to another newspaper.
(c) Her house.
(d) The bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
2. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
3. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
4. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
5. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)