|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A bakery.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A restaurant.
2. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
(a) Confederate President Davis.
(b) Confederate President Barker.
(c) Confederate President David.
(d) Confederate President Blackburn.
3. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
4. What arrives on the train that has the men disappointed that they draw lots for?
(a) A couple gallons of water.
(b) A single basket of food.
(c) A jug of beer.
(d) A couple shirts.
5. Duncan is somewhat annoyed by the Confederate President at the event. What does he ask him?
(a) Why the men are clothed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(b) Why the war had to happen.
(c) Why the men are fed so much better in the hospital than on the field.
(d) When the fighting will stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jesse's men call Abraham Lincoln?
2. After saying some things that Jesse and the men working alongside him in Washington do not like, what does the recruiter say that gains Jesse's attention?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
5. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)