|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife sent to work after she is released from jail?
(a) A military hospital in Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) A military hospital in Lexington, Virginia.
(c) A military hospital in Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) A military hospital in Richmond, Virginia.
2. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a beaten people."
(b) They will be "a conquered people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
3. After traveling to where the slaves are held, with whom does Silas's nephew have sex?
4. Where does Alexander arrive in Part III, Chapter 29, just before a big fight?
(a) Fredericksburg, Virginia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
5. By whom is the woman traveling the countryside in Part I, Chapter 1, employed?
(a) Works Progress Administration.
(b) United America Administration.
(c) Remembering Our Past Project.
(d) Moving Forward Organization.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
2. Years ago, what name was Miss Marguerite known by?
3. What does Jesse say that the "colored troops broke ranks" for when they see the man coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
4. What is the name of Duncan's childhood servant who used to light the fire in his room?
5. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)