|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Samuel Gatewood's son and his friends do after some Union cadets rush them after listening to a speech at the military institute?
(a) They run and hide.
(b) They beg for forgiveness.
(c) The immediately begin fighting back.
(d) They gather their weapons and return to regain their honor.
2. Marguerite is interviewed by a girl from the WPA. Why are the girl's boss and father criticizing the amount of time she spends with Marguerite?
(a) They both say the story that Marguerite is telling is untrue.
(b) Because she is a slave.
(c) Because she is a prostitute.
(d) They do not like that she's a mulatto.
3. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
4. What are the names of Samuel Gatewood's children?
(a) Laura and Denny.
(b) Leona and Duncan.
(c) Lana and Daniel.
(d) Layla and Donny.
5. What happens to Duncan and Catesby during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
(a) They run away.
(b) They are both badly wounded.
(c) They are taken as prisoner.
(d) They survive and watch helplessly as wounded men die in the fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Duncan see at an event he attends that he manages a private conversation with in Part III, Chapter 43?
2. At the beginning of Part III, Chapter 37, who are washing the corpse of Uther Botkin?
3. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
4. After finally leaving the hospital, what Confederate President do Duncan and his sister meet at an event?
5. Who is Jesse?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)