|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife to the jail after they are sentenced?
(b) Samuel Gatewood.
(c) Uther Botkin.
(d) The warden and his wife.
2. What does Duncan never wear now that he has lost his arm?
(a) Shirts with buttons.
(b) Shoes with laces.
(c) Neckwear that requires tying.
(d) Long sleeved shirts.
3. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) That he will not live through the night.
(b) That she does not know.
(c) The he will survive.
(d) That he needs not to worry about it.
4. Whom does Marguerite accompany to an expensive gathering at the governor's mansion?
(a) Samuel Gatewood.
5. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(b) They capture several Union soldiers.
(c) They surrender to the enemy.
(d) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
2. What is Jesse doing that causes most men to fall ill or to move on to another job as quickly as possible?
3. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
4. What are Jesse and a group of black men, mostly former slaves, building in Washington?
5. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)