|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(b) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
(c) Escape back through the Union lines.
(d) Escape back to his regiment.
2. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
(b) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(c) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
(d) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
3. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(b) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(c) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
(d) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
4. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He wishes he could talk to him.
(b) He does not sit well in a saddle.
(c) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(d) He thinks he has a funny beard.
5. After arriving in Analaston Island, District of Columbia, what does Jesse set the men immediately to work on?
(a) Finding food.
(b) Guard watch.
(c) Making the barracks livable.
(d) Building a fort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stumbles into Alexander's camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
2. What does Catesby and a fellow soldier do when a Union soldier stumbles into their camp?
3. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
4. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
5. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)