|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
(a) He thinks he has a funny beard.
(b) He wishes he could talk to him.
(c) He is amazed that he gets to see him in person.
(d) He does not sit well in a saddle.
2. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He wants them to all die.
(b) He is too tired to work.
(c) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(d) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
3. Jesse travels to visit friends in a nearby company where he hears the men singing. What song does hear them singing?
(a) "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot".
(b) "We are Climbing Jacob's Ladder".
(c) "Marching 'Round Selma".
(d) "There Is A Balm in Gilead".
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(a) Bucking Bronco.
5. Where is the penitentiary that Alexander Kirkpatrick and his wife are being sent to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
2. Why does Alexander demand that he be treated as a prisoner of war while in prison?
3. Miss Marguerite begins telling the traveling young woman in Part I, Chapter 1 a story. Where does the story take place?
4. While at the military institute listening to a speech, what does Samuel Gatewood's son see happen to a Union flagpole?
5. In the letter that he writes from camp, where does Catesby urge his wife to stay?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)