|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the story opens, what is the young woman traveling the countryside in search of?
(a) Those who remember the days of the Civil War.
(b) Those who remember her great-grandmother.
(c) Those who remember her great-grandfather.
(d) Those who remember the days of slavery.
2. Who shoots the young Danzinger boy?
(a) One of the Union soldiers.
(b) One of the Confederate renegades.
(c) One of the Union renegades.
3. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
4. What is the name of Uther Botkin's daughter?
5. Where is the military institute located that Samuel Gatewood's son attends?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Birmingham, Alabama.
(c) Williamsburg, Virginia.
(d) Lexington, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
2. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
3. What must Alexander Kirkpatrick do if he wants to be pardoned from serving jail?
4. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
5. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)