|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Silas arrives at where there is prostitution and evening entertainment?
(a) Captain's House.
(b) Chief's House.
(c) Commander's House.
(d) King's House.
2. What does Alexander seem to be almost proud of at the end of Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) His crimes.
(b) His family.
(c) His horse.
(d) His friends.
3. Why does Samuel Gatewood want his slave to be married?
(a) She is pregnant with his son's child.
(b) She is pregnant with his child.
(c) She is pregnant with another slave's child.
(d) She is too wild and needs to settle down.
4. Catesby plays cards with Samuel Gatewood's son and some other young men. What does he lose?
(a) His favorite rifle.
(b) A little bit of money.
(c) A great deal of money and his watch.
(d) He does not lose.
5. What does Marguerite invite the girl that is interviewing her to at her home that night?
(a) Her anniversary party.
(b) Her New Year's Eve party.
(c) Her son's birthday party.
(d) Her birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Alexander Kirkpatrick married?
2. What is the name of Samuel Gatewood's other slave who is also planning to run away?
3. What does Alexander's leader tell him to do when the person stumbles into their camp in Part IV, Chapter 54?
4. Who visits Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife in jail?
5. Whom does Samuel Gatewood have help Uther Botkin's family after the death of his wife?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)