|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Silas's nephew?
(a) Erik Ophikeans.
(b) Ernest Ommon.
(c) Enoch Ommar.
(d) Ellam Omohundru.
2. What nickname has Samuel Gatewood's son earned from his classmates?
(b) Bucking Bronco.
3. What happens to Alexander and the group of renegades in Part IV, Chapter 59?
(a) They are captured and several of them are killed.
(b) They escape into the forest and decide to live there.
(c) They surrender to the enemy.
(d) They capture several Union soldiers.
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife tell a young solider who asks if he is going to die?
(a) The he will survive.
(b) That he needs not to worry about it.
(c) That she does not know.
(d) That he will not live through the night.
5. What does Duncan help Jesse do after they spend the night talking in an abandoned house?
(a) Escape back through the Union lines.
(b) Escape back through the Confederate lines.
(c) Escape back to his regiment.
(d) Escape back to the Stratford Plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
3. At the beginning of Part IV, Chapter 51, what are Abigail and Opal planting at the plantation?
4. What is Samuel Gatewood struggling with in Chapter 25?
5. What is the name of the surgeon who cut off the head of a black soldier and autopsied it?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)