|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Samuel Gatewood do after his slave's third attempt at running away?
(a) He sells him.
(b) He ties him up.
(c) He whips him.
(d) He locks him in the cellar.
2. What does Jesse believe will be important for the success of his race?
(a) Hard work.
3. How does Silas react after learning that his nephew had sex with a slave?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He yells at him and tells him to leave.
(c) He does not mind at all.
(d) He flips over his nephew's chair and dumps breakfast and coffee on him.
4. What does Duncan say will happen to the people of Virginia if the state falls?
(a) They will be "a beaten people."
(b) They will be "a pathetic group of people."
(c) They will be "a demolished people."
(d) They will be "a conquered people."
5. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He is too tired to work.
(b) He is too emotionally upset to work.
(c) He wants them to all die.
(d) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesse think about the man that he sees coming down the road in Part IV, Chapter 52?
2. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
3. Where is Samuel Gatewood's son hit by a bullet during battle?
4. What is the name of the surgeon who receives a telegram that makes him cry?
5. What does Catesby say to a fellow soldier right before he dies?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)