|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Fifty-Four through Fifty-Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jesse decide to go to look for a new job?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A plantation.
(d) A bakery.
2. What do some of Samuel's slaves offer to help Uther Botkin's slave with?
(a) The winter planting.
(b) The summer planting.
(c) The fall planting.
(d) The spring planting.
3. At the hospital that she works at, Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife has to dump piles of used bandages into a pit. What else does she see inside the pit?
(a) Piles of human heads.
(b) Hundreds of boots.
(c) Piles of torn up clothing.
(d) Piles of rotting human flesh.
4. What property does Samuel Gatewood own?
(a) Mumford Plantation.
(b) O'Hara Plantation.
(c) Stratford Plantation.
(d) Gatewood Plantation.
5. How does Jesse feel about giving his money to the surgeon, who says he will put it into a savings account?
(a) Jesse thinks the surgeon will steal his money.
(b) Jesse does not believe it to be a good arrangement, because if something happens to the surgeon his money will be lost.
(c) Jesse is very excited and gives the surgeon his money and gets all his money to give him their money as well.
(d) Jesse thinks it is a great idea and gives the surgeon his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
2. What happens when Alexander is sent to deliver a message to a particular group about to be hemmed in during the fighting in Part III, Chapter 28?
3. What does Marguerite think her children are going to try to get her to sell while they are visiting?
4. Who harbors a runaway slave in Part I, Chapter 7?
5. Whom does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife hesitate to visit but eventually goes to see in Part III, Chapter 39?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)