|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Chapters Forty-Four through Fifty-Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at the hospital to visit Duncan and apologizes for his melancholy attitude?
2. How is Catesby killed in battle?
(a) He takes his own life.
(b) He is stabbed in the stomach.
(c) He is shot several times in the chest.
(d) He is shot in the head.
3. How much money does Silas's nephew offer the slave for sex?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) One bit.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Two bits.
4. Why does the surgeon in Part III, Chapter 28, insist that all the Union soldiers be taken to another surgeon for the rest of the evening?
(a) He wants them to all die.
(b) He cannot be certain he will not intentionally harm them.
(c) He is too tired to work.
(d) He is too emotionally upset to work.
5. What is the name of Marguerite's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catesby agree to on his final bet?
2. While awaiting the arrival of his ship, why has Silas begun to be angry about Marguerite?
3. What are most of the people at the gathering at the governor's mansion?
4. What does Alexander Kirkpatrick's wife wish she had done before she was sentenced to jail?
5. Where is Marguerite living in Part III, Chapter 28?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)