|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise's sister plan to do over the summer?
(a) Write her autobiography.
(b) Get a good tan.
(c) Go on a trip.
(d) Practice singing.
2. What does Louise say the women of the island are not meant to love the way she does?
(a) The island.
(b) The crabs.
(c) The water.
(d) The men.
3. Why does Louise think the strange man has come to the island?
(a) The war.
(b) To hide.
(c) To have a new start.
(d) To make amends.
4. Where is Louise when she hears about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Her house.
(b) At church.
(c) At school.
(d) In the tavern.
5. Why does Mr. Bradshaw not allow Louise on his boat?
(a) The boat is too small.
(b) She is too young.
(c) He wants some space.
(d) Women are not allowed on the boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Louise take with her every day after school lets out?
2. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
3. What surprises Louise during her first visit with the strange man?
4. What does the strange man make for Louise when he catches her looking through his window?
5. What is the narrator's name?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)