|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One fifth.
(b) One third.
(c) One half.
(d) One quarter.
2. How much does Caroline have to pay for her music lessons?
(a) $10 a week.
(c) $100 a year.
(d) $10 a month.
3. What illness does Caroline have when she travels in Chapter 4?
(a) Typhoid Fever.
(b) A kidney infection.
(c) Scarlet Fever.
(d) An ear infection.
4. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She is intimidated by it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She no longer thinks of it.
(d) She hates it.
5. What does water represent to the families on Rass Island?
(a) Livelihood and entertainment.
(b) Wealth and stability.
(c) Danger and chaos.
(d) More of the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise say the women of the island are not meant to love the way she does?
2. Where does Caroline have to travel in Chapter 4?
3. What does Louise do every day after school lets out?
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What surprises Louise during her first visit with the strange man?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)