|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
2. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
3. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
4. Who calls the White House to speak to the President, able to dodge all security checks?
5. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Jack and Jill. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)