|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
2. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
3. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
4. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
5. Who is disguised as a woman at the President's New York speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
2. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
3. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
4. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
5. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
6. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
7. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
8. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
9. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
10. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of Jack and Jill and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)