|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
2. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
3. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
4. Why do some law enforcement officials believe the Jack and Jill killings are over?
5. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
2. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
3. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
4. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
5. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
6. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
7. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
8. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
9. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
10. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cross as the protagonist of this book. What is the definition of a protagonist? What characteristics does a protagonist usually have? Does Cross exemplify those qualities? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is a motif in literature? After defining the term, select a motif from Jack and Jill and discuss it in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood in works of literature? Discuss both tone and mood in Jack and Jill.
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)