|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the promise or threat that the President gets from the phone call that dodges White House security?
2. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
3. What route does the President take to deliver his New York speech?
4. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
5. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
2. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
3. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
4. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
5. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
6. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
7. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
8. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
9. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
10. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters. Identify the static and dynamic characters of this novel and explain how each of them fit the category to which you have assigned them.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)