|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times is the President shot?
2. Whose home does Jack sneak into in a way that is NOT characteristic of his typical murders?
3. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
4. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
5. Who spots a kid hanging around the school and sends him away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
2. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
3. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
4. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
5. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
6. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
7. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
8. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
9. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
10. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the difference between tone and mood in works of literature? Discuss both tone and mood in Jack and Jill.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motive of the Truth School killer. What role did his personal background play in his decision to kill? What role, if any, did his medication play in the murders?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)