|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
2. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
3. Who do Jack and Jill get to commit their third murder?
4. What disturbance occurs while the President is on stage in New York?
5. How many times is the President shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
2. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
3. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
4. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
5. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
6. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
7. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
8. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
9. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
10. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Define symbolism. Discuss fathers as a symbol in Jack and Jill. How does this symbol relate to the story? Why is this an important aspect of symbolism in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motive of the Truth School killer. What role did his personal background play in his decision to kill? What role, if any, did his medication play in the murders?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)