|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the item held by Jill reveal to investigators?
2. Who does Jack meet in his own hotel room that he hugs?
3. Who answers the knock on the door at the principal's house?
4. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
5. What does the President forbid Cross to do?
Essay Topic 1
What is a motif in literature? After defining the term, select a motif from Jack and Jill and discuss it in detail.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between tone and mood in works of literature? Discuss both tone and mood in Jack and Jill.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select three memorable instances of foreshadowing from this story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)