|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
2. How is a person communicating specific information about the Truth School killings?
3. What is Jill found holding when her body is discovered?
4. Which nearby school does an investigator visit to see if any teachers witnessed anything unusual around the time of the Truth School killings?
5. Who does the Truth School killer shoot first at the Johnson residence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
2. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
3. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
4. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
5. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
6. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
7. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
8. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
9. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
10. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select three memorable instances of foreshadowing from this story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between tone and mood in works of literature? Discuss both tone and mood in Jack and Jill.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)