|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who answers the knock on the door at the principal's house?
2. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
3. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
4. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
5. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
2. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
3. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
4. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
5. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
6. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
7. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
8. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
9. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
10. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Jack and Jill. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)