|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
2. What is the name of the Truth School killer?
3. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
4. Who calls the White House to speak to the President, able to dodge all security checks?
5. What is the Vice President's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
2. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
3. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
4. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
5. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
6. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
7. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
8. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
9. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
10. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of Jack and Jill and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Relate the differences and similarities, specifically to Jack and Jill.
Essay Topic 3
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in Jack and Jill? Could the conflict have been categorized as another type? If so, which and why? If not, defend your response.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)