|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack need to kill his old friend?
2. How many New York City police officers greet the President at the airport?
3. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
4. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
5. What does Cross listen to after the President gets the phone call that dodges White House security ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
2. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
3. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
4. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
5. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
6. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
7. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
8. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
9. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
10. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of Jack and Jill. How does the author reveal the tone, and from whose point of view? Is the tone consistent throughout the book or does it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
Essay Topic 3
Define symbolism. Discuss fathers as a symbol in Jack and Jill. How does this symbol relate to the story? Why is this an important aspect of symbolism in the novel?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)