|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
2. What disturbance occurs while the President is on stage in New York?
3. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
4. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
5. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
2. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
3. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
4. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
5. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
6. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
7. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
8. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
9. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters. Identify the static and dynamic characters of this novel and explain how each of them fit the category to which you have assigned them.
Essay Topic 2
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Essay Topic 3
What is a foil? Who is the foil of Jack and Jill? Discuss the character who provides the role of foil in this novel and discuss how he/she fulfills the role.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)