|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
2. Who is shot and killed when the President's New York speech is interrupted?
3. What does Cross listen to after the President gets the phone call that dodges White House security ?
4. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
5. Which nearby school does an investigator visit to see if any teachers witnessed anything unusual around the time of the Truth School killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
2. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
3. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
4. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
5. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
6. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
7. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
8. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
9. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
10. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motive of the Truth School killer. What role did his personal background play in his decision to kill? What role, if any, did his medication play in the murders?
Essay Topic 2
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)