|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many New York City police officers greet the President at the airport?
2. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
3. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
4. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
5. What is the promise or threat that the President gets from the phone call that dodges White House security?
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Jack and Jill. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters. Identify the static and dynamic characters of this novel and explain how each of them fit the category to which you have assigned them.
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)