|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who videotapes the murder of Jack and Jill's first victim?
2. What is Cross' son's name?
3. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
4. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
5. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
2. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
3. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
4. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
5. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
6. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
7. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
8. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
9. What is the first lead that investigators follow in the Truth School killings, and why does it seem like a good place to begin investigating?
10. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select three memorable instances of foreshadowing from this story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Relate the differences and similarities, specifically to Jack and Jill.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)