Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cross' son's name?
2. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
3. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
4. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
5. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
2. What evidence leads to Jack's arrest and where do investigators arrest him?
3. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
4. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
5. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
6. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
7. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
8. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
9. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
10. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually happens. There are three types of irony: verbal, situational, and dramatic. Identify and discuss two examples of irony in the book. Which type of irony is it? What is expected and what actually occurs with your examples?
Discuss the tone of Jack and Jill. How does the author reveal the tone, and from whose point of view? Is the tone consistent throughout the book or does it seem to fluctuate? Include examples from the story with your discussion.
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)