|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
2. Whose murder is depicted on the videotape received by the media company?
3. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
4. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
5. Who was the first murder victim at the school and left in plain view?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
2. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
3. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
4. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
5. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
6. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
7. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
8. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
9. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
10. What is the first lead that investigators follow in the Truth School killings, and why does it seem like a good place to begin investigating?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
Essay Topic 2
What is the difference between tone and mood in works of literature? Discuss both tone and mood in Jack and Jill.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of Jack and Jill and the sub-genre category under which the novel falls. Is there another genre the novel might also be classified as? Support your answers.
This section contains 1,408 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)