|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
2. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
3. What does Cross do on his off-time?
4. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
2. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
3. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
4. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
5. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
6. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
7. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
8. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
9. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
10. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Cross as the protagonist of this book. What is the definition of a protagonist? What characteristics does a protagonist usually have? Does Cross exemplify those qualities? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters. Identify the static and dynamic characters of this novel and explain how each of them fit the category to which you have assigned them.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)