|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cross' son attend school?
2. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
4. Why do the killers in the videotaped murder say they are killing?
5. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
2. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
3. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
4. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
5. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
6. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
7. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
8. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
9. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
10. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define rising action as an element of plot. Discuss in detail the rising action in Jack and Jill. How does the author present it? How does the rising action flow? How does the rising action add to the suspense of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)