|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
2. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
3. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
4. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
5. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
2. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
3. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
4. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
5. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
6. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
7. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
8. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
9. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
10. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define symbolism. Discuss fathers as a symbol in Jack and Jill. How does this symbol relate to the story? Why is this an important aspect of symbolism in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss climax in literature. When does it occur? Discuss the climax of Jack and Jill in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Cross as the protagonist of this book. What is the definition of a protagonist? What characteristics does a protagonist usually have? Does Cross exemplify those qualities? Why or why not?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)