|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
2. What is Natalie Sheehan's job?
3. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
4. What does the little girl's killer say he hates in Chapter 1?
5. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
2. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
3. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
4. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
5. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
6. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
7. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
8. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
9. Why do Jack and Jill release the taped version of their first killing?
10. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a foil? Who is the foil of Jack and Jill? Discuss the character who provides the role of foil in this novel and discuss how he/she fulfills the role.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the difference between static and dynamic characters. Identify the static and dynamic characters of this novel and explain how each of them fit the category to which you have assigned them.
Essay Topic 3
What is the difference between conflict and crisis in a novel? How are they similar? Relate the differences and similarities, specifically to Jack and Jill.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)