|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
2. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
3. What is Cross' son's name?
4. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
2. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
3. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
4. Why do Jack and Jill release the taped version of their first killing?
5. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
6. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
7. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
8. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
9. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
10. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss foreshadowing and its importance in writing mystery or suspense novels. Select three memorable instances of foreshadowing from this story and write about them in detail. Why did those five instances stay on your mind?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)