Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cross' son's name?
2. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
3. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
4. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
5. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
2. What evidence leads to Jack's arrest and where do investigators arrest him?
3. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
4. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
5. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
6. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
7. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
8. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
9. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
10. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
Discuss the motive of the Jack and Jill killers. How did their inside position help them in their mission to kill the President? What was there motive for killing him? Why did they murder others if their ultimate goal was the President?
What is a motif in literature? After defining the term, select a motif from Jack and Jill and discuss it in detail.
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in Jack and Jill? Could the conflict have been categorized as another type? If so, which and why? If not, defend your response.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)