|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
2. What is the real name of the character who actively fulfills the role of Jill in the murders?
3. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
4. Who invites Cross to the White House?
5. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
2. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
3. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
4. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
5. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
6. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
7. What is the first lead that investigators follow in the Truth School killings, and why does it seem like a good place to begin investigating?
8. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
9. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
10. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name and define the five types of conflict. Which conflict prevailed in Jack and Jill? Could the conflict have been categorized as another type? If so, which and why? If not, defend your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life of the author. Who wrote this novel? What is his background? List his other published works and anything special about this book in relation to others the author may have written.
Essay Topic 3
Define exposition and discuss the exposition of this novel. What does the reader learn from the exposition in Jack and Jill? Is the information consistent throughout the book or does it change? Explain your answer and reasoning.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)