|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
(a) Nana Mama.
(d) No one.
2. Who do Jack and Jill get to commit their third murder?
(a) Jill's brother.
(b) Kevin Hawkins.
(c) An unknown hit man who is really an undercover cop.
(d) The President's mistress.
3. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
(a) To stop making them until further notice.
(b) To increase his bodyguard coverage.
(c) To keep all of his speaking engagements.
(d) To hire a stand-in for them.
4. How many times is the President shot?
5. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A gun.
(b) A ransom note.
(c) A poem.
(d) A bullet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
2. Who is sleeping on Cross' sun porch?
3. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
4. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
5. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
2. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
3. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
4. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
5. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
6. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
7. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
8. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
9. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
10. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)