|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
(a) Two days after the President is shot.
(b) The day after the President is shot.
(c) After the President is shot.
(d) Just before the President's speech is to begin.
2. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
(a) The Masonic Lodge.
(c) Sigma Phi Kappa fraternity.
(d) The Jack and Jill task force.
3. How is a person communicating specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) On the Prodigy message board.
(b) On fliers distributed in the school's neighborhood.
(c) On fliers distributed at the school.
(d) On a social media site like MySpace or Facebook.
4. What route does the President take to deliver his New York speech?
(a) An underground tunnel.
(b) A back door.
(c) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(d) A service elevator.
5. What is the promise or threat that the President gets from the phone call that dodges White House security?
(a) That his assassination is already set in stone.
(b) The best time of his life.
(c) That his wife's lover will be killed next.
(d) That if he does not pardon a man, he will be killed next.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
2. Who answers the knock on the door at the principal's house?
3. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
4. What does Cross listen to after the President gets the phone call that dodges White House security ?
5. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
2. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
3. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
4. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
5. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
6. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
7. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
8. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
9. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
10. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)