|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
(a) That the woman making the call is depressed.
(b) That Jack or Jill is someone close to the President.
(c) That the ransom note will be found soon.
(d) That the man making the call has a nervous condition.
2. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A poem.
(d) A ransom note.
3. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because he believes Cross is his father.
(b) Because he is the killer's father.
(c) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
(d) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
4. What route does the President take to deliver his New York speech?
(a) A back door.
(b) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) A service elevator.
(d) An underground tunnel.
5. Who calls the White House to speak to the President, able to dodge all security checks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
2. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
3. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
4. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
5. What is the name of the Truth School killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
2. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
3. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
4. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
5. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
6. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
7. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
8. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
9. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
10. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)