|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
2. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
3. While Cross' investigation of the Jack and Jill killings heats up, who investigates the school killings?
4. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
(a) To increase his bodyguard coverage.
(b) To hire a stand-in for them.
(c) To stop making them until further notice.
(d) To keep all of his speaking engagements.
5. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
(a) The President's wife.
(b) The President's girlfriend.
(c) The President.
(d) The Supreme Court Justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
2. Who do Jack and Jill get to commit their third murder?
3. Who does Cross visit when he has trouble sleeping?
4. What disturbance occurs while the President is on stage in New York?
5. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
2. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
3. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
4. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
5. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
6. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
7. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
8. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
9. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
10. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)