|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
(a) To increase his bodyguard coverage.
(b) To stop making them until further notice.
(c) To hire a stand-in for them.
(d) To keep all of his speaking engagements.
2. What is the name of Christine's husband?
3. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) He has good news for him.
(b) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(c) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(d) He wants to take him to dinner.
4. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
(a) The poster sets up a blog.
(b) The poster becomes angrier.
(c) The poster turns to painted graffiti.
(d) The poster sets up another site.
5. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A censor.
(c) A baker.
(d) A cafeteria lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
2. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
3. How many times is the President shot?
4. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
5. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
2. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
3. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
4. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
5. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
6. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
7. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
8. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
9. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)