|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
(a) Just before the President's speech is to begin.
(b) The day after the President is shot.
(c) After the President is shot.
(d) Two days after the President is shot.
2. Who do Jack and Jill get to commit their third murder?
(a) Jill's brother.
(b) An unknown hit man who is really an undercover cop.
(c) Kevin Hawkins.
(d) The President's mistress.
3. Who does the Truth School killer ask for by name?
4. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A poem.
(c) A gun.
(d) A ransom note.
5. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
(a) The Supreme Court Justice.
(b) The President's wife.
(c) The President's girlfriend.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the Truth School killer?
2. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
3. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
4. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
5. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
2. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
3. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
4. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
5. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
6. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
7. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
8. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
9. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
10. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)