|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the promise or threat that the President gets from the phone call that dodges White House security?
(a) That his wife's lover will be killed next.
(b) That if he does not pardon a man, he will be killed next.
(c) That his assassination is already set in stone.
(d) The best time of his life.
2. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
3. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
(b) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
(c) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
(d) Whether the President will live or die.
4. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
(a) Because of the way the hostage and Cross are positioned in the room.
(b) Because he only has one bullet.
(c) Because he likes the drama of flipping a coin.
(d) Because he has a superstition about killing more than one person per location.
5. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(a) Cross' own children.
(b) The principal.
(c) A child from the school
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
2. While Cross' investigation of the Jack and Jill killings heats up, who investigates the school killings?
3. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
4. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
5. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
2. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
3. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
4. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
5. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
6. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
7. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
8. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
9. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)