|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the CIA assassin that Cross suspects as part of the Jack and Jill killings?
(a) Paul Smith.
(b) Jack Rosen.
(c) Sam Johnson.
(d) Kevin Hawkins.
2. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(b) He wants to take him to dinner.
(c) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(d) He has good news for him.
3. What was the occupation of the Truth School killer's father?
(b) Drug dealer.
4. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
(a) The Air Force Base in New Zealand.
(b) The Waldorf Astoria in New York.
(c) Camp David.
(d) A specific hotel in Tahiti.
5. What causes the event that happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
(a) He has not taken his medication.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is chased.
(d) He accidentally shoots himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
2. How old is the Truth School killer?
3. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
4. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
5. Who answers the knock on the door at the principal's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
2. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
3. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
4. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
5. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
6. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
7. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
8. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
9. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
10. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)