|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A Supreme Court Justice.
(b) The President's wife.
(c) The President himself.
(d) The President's girlfriend.
2. Who calls the White House to speak to the President, able to dodge all security checks?
3. What is the name of the Truth School killer?
(a) Sumner Moore.
(b) Damen Cross.
(c) Danny Boudreaux.
(d) Alex Sampson.
4. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
(a) That the ransom note will be found soon.
(b) That the woman making the call is depressed.
(c) That the man making the call has a nervous condition.
(d) That Jack or Jill is someone close to the President.
5. Who does the Truth School killer ask for by name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nearby school does an investigator visit to see if any teachers witnessed anything unusual around the time of the Truth School killings?
2. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
3. What is the name of Christine's husband?
4. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
5. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
2. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
3. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
4. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
5. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
6. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
7. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
8. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
9. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
10. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)