|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) He wants to take him to dinner.
(b) He has good news for him.
(c) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(d) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
2. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
(a) The woman reports the gun to the Secret Service.
(b) The woman sees the note and reads it.
(c) The woman spots the poem.
(d) The bullet falls out of the woman's purse.
3. What decision does the President make, disregarding Cross' previous advice?
(a) To take a long vacation.
(b) To move to Camp David.
(c) To keep his scheduled appearances.
(d) To divorce his wife.
4. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) The censor's supervisor.
(c) The cafeteria supervisor.
(d) The baker himself.
5. Which nearby school does an investigator visit to see if any teachers witnessed anything unusual around the time of the Truth School killings?
(a) Truth Sojourner School.
(b) George Washington School of Arts.
(c) Georgetown School of Performing Arts.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt Military Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
2. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
3. What causes the event that happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
4. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
5. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
2. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
3. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
4. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
5. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
6. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
7. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
8. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
9. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)