|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the Truth School killer?
(c) Unknown at this point.
2. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
(a) To his aunt's home across town.
(c) The Waldorf Astoria.
(d) To the principal's house.
3. While Cross' investigation of the Jack and Jill killings heats up, who investigates the school killings?
4. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
(a) It was part of the arrangement.
(b) For fun.
(c) By accident.
(d) He witnessed a murder.
5. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(a) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carrying false FBI credentials at the President's New York speech?
2. How many New York City police officers greet the President at the airport?
3. How is a person communicating specific information about the Truth School killings?
4. What decision does the President make, disregarding Cross' previous advice?
5. Who is the CIA assassin that Cross suspects as part of the Jack and Jill killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
2. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
3. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
4. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
5. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
6. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
7. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
8. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
9. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
10. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)