|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(a) Cross' own children.
(b) A child from the school
(c) The principal.
2. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
(a) To his aunt's home across town.
(c) The Waldorf Astoria.
(d) To the principal's house.
3. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
(a) Sumner Moore.
(b) Mrs. Sumner.
(c) Col. Sumner.
4. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because he is the killer's father.
(b) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
(c) Because he believes Cross is his father.
(d) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
5. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
(a) A 13-year-old boy.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A strange man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
2. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
3. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
4. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
5. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
2. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
3. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
4. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
5. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
6. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
7. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
8. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
9. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)