|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do some law enforcement officials believe the Jack and Jill killings are over?
(a) They were both captured.
(b) Kevin is captured and has confessed everything.
(c) Jill is dead and Jack is captured.
(d) The poem says so.
2. Who spots a kid hanging around the school and sends him away?
(b) Mama Nana.
(c) Mrs. Rosen.
3. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
(a) Her kidnapper.
(b) Her husband.
4. Who kills Jill?
5. What causes the event that happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
(a) He accidentally shoots himself.
(b) He is chased.
(c) He has not taken his medication.
(d) He is scared.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
2. What is the name of Christine's husband?
3. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
4. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
5. How many times is the President shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
2. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
3. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
4. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
5. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
6. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
7. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
8. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
9. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
10. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)