|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
(a) Because he has a superstition about killing more than one person per location.
(b) Because he only has one bullet.
(c) Because of the way the hostage and Cross are positioned in the room.
(d) Because he likes the drama of flipping a coin.
2. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
(a) The poster sets up another site.
(b) The poster sets up a blog.
(c) The poster turns to painted graffiti.
(d) The poster becomes angrier.
3. Whose home does Jack sneak into in a way that is NOT characteristic of his typical murders?
(a) General Aiden Cornwall.
(c) The President's.
4. What does Cross listen to after the President gets the phone call that dodges White House security ?
(a) The President's State of the Union speech.
(b) The commissioner rant about the case not being solved.
(c) Sirens outside his bedroom window.
(d) A recording of the call that was received by the President.
5. Who is disguised as a woman at the President's New York speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
2. Who is carrying false FBI credentials at the President's New York speech?
3. Who travels to New York with the President?
4. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
5. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
2. Why does the Secret Service continue moving the President through the tunnel against the investigator's advice?
3. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
4. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
5. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
6. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
7. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
8. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
9. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
10. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)