|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) The censor's supervisor.
(b) The baker himself.
(c) The principal.
(d) The cafeteria supervisor.
2. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
(a) The President's girlfriend.
(b) The President.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The Supreme Court Justice.
3. How many New York City police officers greet the President at the airport?
(a) About 150.
(b) More than 300.
(c) More than 450.
(d) About 50.
4. What disturbance occurs while the President is on stage in New York?
(a) A shooting spree.
(b) A bomb detonates.
(c) A heckler.
(d) A riot.
5. What is the name of Christine's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is carrying false FBI credentials at the President's New York speech?
2. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
3. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
4. Why does Jack kill a young boy?
5. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
2. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
3. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
4. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
5. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
6. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
7. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
8. Explain the plan that Jack will use to kill the President.
9. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
10. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)