|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
(a) She was the President's mistress.
(b) She was Jill's sister.
(c) She had been a member of the Secret Service in the past.
(d) She hated poetry.
2. While Cross' investigation of the Jack and Jill killings heats up, who investigates the school killings?
3. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(a) Cross' own children.
(c) A child from the school
(d) The principal.
4. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
(a) The Supreme Court Justice.
(b) The President.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The President's girlfriend.
5. Who does the Truth School killer shoot first at the Johnson residence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
2. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
3. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
4. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
5. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
2. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
3. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
4. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
5. What is the theme of the Truth School killer, and how does it explain his motive?
6. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
7. Why does the Truth School killer want to talk with the investigator?
8. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
9. What do investigators discover when they go to the message board subscriber's home? What does their finding imply?
10. Briefly discuss the marital problems between the Johnsons. Why are these problems important to this novel?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)