|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is carrying false FBI credentials at the President's New York speech?
2. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
(a) She hated poetry.
(b) She was Jill's sister.
(c) She was the President's mistress.
(d) She had been a member of the Secret Service in the past.
3. What does the President forbid Cross to do?
(a) Put his enemies under surveillance.
(b) Speak without an appointment.
(c) Sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.
(d) Come into the Oval Office.
4. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
(a) A baker.
(b) A cafeteria lady.
(c) A censor.
(d) A teacher.
5. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
(a) Two days after the President is shot.
(b) The day after the President is shot.
(c) After the President is shot.
(d) Just before the President's speech is to begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
2. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
3. What route does the President take to deliver his New York speech?
4. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
5. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Jack and Jill get another person to act as hit man in one of their murders?
2. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
3. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
4. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
5. Discuss why Hawkins is so confident at Madison Square Garden.
6. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
7. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
8. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
9. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
10. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)