|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(b) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(c) He has good news for him.
(d) He wants to take him to dinner.
2. Who does the Truth School killer shoot first at the Johnson residence?
3. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(a) A child from the school
(c) Cross' own children.
(d) The principal.
4. How old is the Truth School killer?
(c) Unknown at this point.
5. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In his foster parents' attic.
(b) In Cross' garage.
(c) In the Sumner home.
(d) At the principal's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who travels to New York with the President?
2. Who calls the White House to speak to the President, able to dodge all security checks?
3. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
4. What decision does the President make, disregarding Cross' previous advice?
5. What does the item held by Jill reveal to investigators?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do investigators first assume that Hawkins missed his true target in the Kennedy Center?
2. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
3. Why is the general's son a threat to Jack?
4. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
5. Why is the general who is killed a threat to Jack?
6. Why does the President decide to honor all of his scheduled appearances? Is this vanity or valor, and why?
7. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
8. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
9. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
10. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)