|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cross' son attend school?
(b) The Sojourner Truth School.
(c) George Washington University.
(d) Arlington Public Schools.
2. To whom does Cross speak regarding the previously unheard rumor he receives regarding the school killings?
(a) The President.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The principal.
(d) His partner.
3. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
(a) A drug user.
(c) A businessman.
(d) The President.
4. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(a) An unknown man.
(b) A waiter.
5. Who invites Cross to the White House?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The President.
(c) A Secret Service agent.
(d) The chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
2. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
3. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
4. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
5. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
2. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
3. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
4. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
5. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
6. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
7. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
8. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
9. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
10. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)