|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A candy wrapper.
(c) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(d) A cotton candy bag.
2. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) Various people.
(b) The President.
(d) Jay Grayer.
3. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
(a) Because the media will ruin his career.
(b) Because he breached White House security.
(c) Because of the high profile murders in the area.
(d) Because his wife might find out.
4. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
5. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) A waiter.
(d) An unknown man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
2. What does Cross do on his off-time?
3. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
4. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
5. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
2. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
3. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
4. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
5. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
6. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
7. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
8. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
9. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
10. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)