|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
(a) A white homeless man.
(b) A young man he knows.
(c) A stranger.
(d) The principal.
2. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
(a) The death of the chased suspect.
(b) The death of the senator.
(c) The death of the little girl.
(d) The death of an unknown woman.
3. Who is watching the President as he sneaks out of the White House to meet a lover?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) The Secret Service.
4. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
(a) Cross' wife.
(b) The police commissioner.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The Truth School killer.
5. Who thinks the Truth School killer might be a beginner?
(d) The chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
2. Who arrives at Cross' house in Chapter 15?
3. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
4. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
5. What is Cross' son's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
2. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
3. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
4. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
5. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
6. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
7. What is the first lead that investigators follow in the Truth School killings, and why does it seem like a good place to begin investigating?
8. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
9. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
10. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)