|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
2. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
(a) The Presidential Security Organization.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Chief of Staff meeting.
(d) The Jack and Jill Task Force.
3. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The President.
(b) Another police investigator.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) The Truth Killer.
4. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
(a) A physical malformation.
(b) A drug problem.
(c) Parental issues.
(d) A mental illness.
5. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
(a) Drug dealer.
(c) Insurance fraud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
2. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
3. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
4. Whose murder is depicted on the videotape received by the media company?
5. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
2. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
3. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
4. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
5. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
6. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
7. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
8. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
9. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
10. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)