|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross do on his off-time?
(a) Works the Truth School case.
(b) Has poker night with the boys.
(c) Plays golf.
(d) Drinks too much.
2. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
(a) Drug dealer.
(c) Insurance fraud.
3. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
(a) The principal is a suspect.
(b) Each kid is killed by a different killer.
(c) A homeless man was seen in the area before the first killing.
(d) An eyewitness saw a drug dealer kill the kid.
4. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His preacher.
(c) The principal.
(d) His children.
5. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) Natalie and Jack.
(d) Christine and her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
2. At what location does Kevin Hawkins meet his target when his character is first introduced in the book?
3. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
4. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
5. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
2. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
3. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
4. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
5. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
6. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
7. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
8. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
9. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
10. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)