|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
(b) The President's wife.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) The Truth School killer.
2. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
(a) The police chief.
(b) Cross' wife.
(c) The Truth School killer.
(d) The police commissioner.
3. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Fingerprint expert.
(b) Patrol officer.
(c) Secret Service protection.
(d) Homicide investigator.
4. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
(a) The media.
(b) The chief himself.
(c) Alex alone.
(d) Off-duty officers who live in the neighborhood.
5. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
(a) Johnnie Smith.
(b) Mary Johnson.
(c) Natalie Johnson.
(d) Christine Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
2. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
3. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
4. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
2. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
3. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
4. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
5. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
6. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
7. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
8. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
9. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
10. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)