|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is just mean.
(b) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) It is too early to know.
2. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
3. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) The President's wife.
(d) Jack and Jill.
4. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
5. What is the real name of the character who actively fulfills the role of Jill in the murders?
(a) Sarah Green.
(b) Sara Rosen.
(c) Sarah Johnson.
(d) Sara Nana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is watching the President as he sneaks out of the White House to meet a lover?
2. Who sends the videotaped murder to the media company?
3. Why is Cross fascinated with the Truth School principal?
4. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
5. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
2. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
3. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
4. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
5. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
6. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
7. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
8. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
9. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
10. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)