|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The President.
(b) The FBI agent.
(c) The hotel owner.
(d) The President's wife.
2. What words best describe Cross' feelings about the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) Cold and calculated.
(b) Whimsical and flighty.
(c) Passionate and planned.
(d) Hurried and unprofessional.
3. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
(a) A physical malformation.
(b) A drug problem.
(c) A mental illness.
(d) Parental issues.
4. Who thinks the Truth School killer might be a beginner?
(a) The chief.
5. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(b) Nana Mama.
(d) His partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
2. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
3. Where does the chase of a school killing suspect lead Cross and his partner?
4. Who initially saves Kevin Hawkins' first target?
5. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
2. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
3. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
4. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
5. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
6. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
7. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
8. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
9. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
10. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)