|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The President's wife.
(b) The hotel owner.
(c) The President.
(d) The FBI agent.
2. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
(a) The chief himself.
(b) The media.
(c) Off-duty officers who live in the neighborhood.
(d) Alex alone.
3. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
(a) In front of her school.
(b) In an alley.
(c) Behind a bar.
(d) In bushes.
4. What does Cross do on his off-time?
(a) Has poker night with the boys.
(b) Works the Truth School case.
(c) Drinks too much.
(d) Plays golf.
5. What is Natalie Sheehan's job?
(a) TV reporter.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Newspaper reporter.
(d) Magazine editor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
2. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
3. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
4. Whose murder is depicted on the videotape received by the media company?
5. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
2. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
3. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
4. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
5. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
6. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
7. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
8. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
9. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
10. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)