|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
(a) A drug user.
(c) The President.
(d) A businessman.
2. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(c) His partner.
(d) Nana Mama.
3. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Fingerprint expert.
(b) Secret Service protection.
(c) Homicide investigator.
(d) Patrol officer.
4. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Jack and Jill Task Force.
(c) The Chief of Staff meeting.
(d) The Presidential Security Organization.
5. Who initially saves Kevin Hawkins' first target?
(a) The police.
(b) Another drug dealer.
(c) A witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
2. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
3. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
4. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
5. Where does the chase of a school killing suspect lead Cross and his partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Truth School killer have abandonment issues?
2. Discuss the purpose of the Jack and Jill murders.
3. Why doesn't the message board censor go directly to police with the information when it first starts appearing?
4. What evidence leads to Jack's arrest and where do investigators arrest him?
5. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
6. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
7. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
8. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
9. Discuss when the investigator realizes the plan and his reaction.
10. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)