|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose murder is depicted on the videotape received by the media company?
(a) Senator Fitzpatrick.
(b) The President.
(c) The magazine editor.
(d) The reporter.
2. Who do Cross and his partner chase across a courtyard as they investigate the school killings?
(a) A balloon artist.
(b) The alleged neighborhood child molester.
(c) A mime.
(d) A candy vendor.
3. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
(a) Each kid is killed by a different killer.
(b) A homeless man was seen in the area before the first killing.
(c) The principal is a suspect.
(d) An eyewitness saw a drug dealer kill the kid.
4. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(b) A cotton candy bag.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A candy wrapper.
5. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
(a) A mental illness.
(b) Parental issues.
(c) A physical malformation.
(d) A drug problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
2. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
3. Who initially saves Kevin Hawkins' first target?
4. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
5. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
2. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
3. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
4. Why do Jack and Jill release the taped version of their first killing?
5. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
6. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
7. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
8. Which law enforcement agency employs the major investigator in this novel? Is he well-liked by his supervisor?
9. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
10. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)