|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the character who actively fulfills the role of Jill in the murders?
(a) Sarah Green.
(b) Sara Nana.
(c) Sara Rosen.
(d) Sarah Johnson.
2. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
3. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The FBI agent.
(b) The President.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The hotel owner.
4. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like the President.
(b) Like a police officer.
(c) Like a teacher.
(d) In a disguise.
5. Where does the chase of a school killing suspect lead Cross and his partner?
(a) To a rooftop.
(b) Into a crowd.
(c) To a park.
(d) To a deadend alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Jack and Jill's killing style has sexual undertones, what kind of killing style does the little girl's murderer exhibit?
2. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
3. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
4. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
5. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
2. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
3. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
4. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
5. Why do Jack and Jill release the taped version of their first killing?
6. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
7. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
8. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
9. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
10. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)