|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which police department employs Cross?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The state of Maryland.
2. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
(a) Pepper spray.
(b) Baseball bat.
3. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
4. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The President.
(b) Another police investigator.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) The Truth Killer.
5. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) All-over body beating.
(b) Beating and burn marks.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) Beating on one side of her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Natalie Sheehan's job?
2. What is the name of the neighborhood child molester, in local rumors?
3. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
4. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
2. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
3. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
4. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
5. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
6. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
7. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
8. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
9. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
10. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)