|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which police department employs Cross?
(b) The FBI.
(c) The state of Maryland.
(d) Washington, DC.
2. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) The chief.
(c) The secret service.
(d) The commissioner.
3. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
(a) Insurance fraud.
(b) Drug dealer.
4. Who invites Cross to the White House?
(a) The President.
(b) A Secret Service agent.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The chief.
5. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
(a) A vision of the dead girl.
(b) A neighbor's child.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
2. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
3. What does Cross call his grandmother?
4. What is Cross' son's name?
5. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
2. What does the main investigator in this book like about the school principal? How does she bridge the gap between rich and poor?
3. Who is the major investigator in Jack and Jill? How is he important to Patterson's series?
4. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
5. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
6. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
7. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
8. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
9. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
10. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)