|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) The principal.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His preacher.
(d) His children.
2. What does Cross do on his off-time?
(a) Drinks too much.
(b) Works the Truth School case.
(c) Has poker night with the boys.
(d) Plays golf.
3. Why is Cross fascinated with the Truth School principal?
(a) She does not like children.
(b) She is 20 years younger than he is.
(c) She wears lots of jewelry.
(d) She's out of place in the poor community.
4. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
(a) Randomly, using a phone book.
(b) By flipping a coin.
(c) By drawing the name from a hat.
(d) By playing a game.
5. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
(a) Natalie Johnson.
(b) Mary Johnson.
(c) Johnnie Smith.
(d) Christine Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
2. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
3. At what location does Kevin Hawkins meet his target when his character is first introduced in the book?
4. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
2. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
3. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
4. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
5. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
6. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
7. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
8. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
9. Why do Jack and Jill release the taped version of their first killing?
10. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)