|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) Candy vendors.
(b) A white face.
(c) A trash can.
(d) A balloon.
2. If Jack and Jill's killing style has sexual undertones, what kind of killing style does the little girl's murderer exhibit?
3. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
4. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The police commissioner.
(d) Cross' wife.
5. At what public place does a foiled kidnapping attempt occur?
(a) On a playground.
(b) At a school.
(c) In a mall.
(d) In a pediatrician's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
3. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
4. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
5. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
2. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
3. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
4. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
5. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
6. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
7. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
8. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
9. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
10. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)