|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the suspect chased by Cross and his partner try to go when cornered?
(a) Over a large fence.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Into a crowd.
(d) Across to another roof.
2. Who arrives at Cross' house in Chapter 15?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) The chief and commissioner.
3. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(c) Christine and her husband.
(d) Natalie and Jack.
4. Who is the third Jack and Jill victim?
(a) The President.
(b) The commissioner.
(c) An actor.
(d) The mayor.
5. Who is the first victim of Jack and Jill?
(a) Senator Daniel Fitzpatrick.
(b) The President.
(c) A DC socialite.
(d) The elementary school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Who is the second Truth School student that is killed?
3. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
4. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
5. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
2. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
3. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
4. What is the investigator's first impression of the President? How does his meeting with the President affect his investigation of the school killings?
5. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
6. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
7. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
8. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
9. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
10. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)