|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) Truth School.
(b) A felony hot check case.
(c) The President's assassination.
(d) Jack and Jill.
2. Whose trail does the President easily shake when he sneaks out of the White House?
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Secret Service.
3. How are the voices on the videotaped murder recorded?
(a) With electronic altering.
(b) At false pitches.
(c) Muffled by a sock.
(d) They used closed captioning.
4. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is just mean.
(b) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) It is too early to know.
5. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The President.
(b) The Truth Killer.
(c) Another police investigator.
(d) Jack and Jill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
2. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
3. Where does the chase of a school killing suspect lead Cross and his partner?
4. Who was the first murder victim at the school and left in plain view?
5. At what public place does a foiled kidnapping attempt occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the killer respond when the message board censor removes vivid postings regarding the Truth School murders?
2. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
3. What evidence leads to Jack's arrest and where do investigators arrest him?
4. What is unusual about the Truth School killer's attempt to enter the investigator's home? What does this show about the killer?
5. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
6. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
7. How does the investigator arrange a situation in which he could take down the Truth School killer? Explain this reasoning.
8. How do investigators of the Kennedy Center killing confirm that the hit man indeed killed the right target? Why was this victim targeted?
9. Why does the Truth School killer have a seizure, and why is this information important to the novel?
10. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)