|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real name of the character who actively fulfills the role of Jill in the murders?
(a) Sara Rosen.
(b) Sarah Johnson.
(c) Sara Nana.
(d) Sarah Green.
2. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A cotton candy bag.
(d) A candy wrapper.
3. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
(a) At the Jefferson Hotel.
(b) In her office.
(c) At the Waldorf Astoria.
(d) At the school.
4. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) A felony hot check case.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(c) Truth School.
(d) The President's assassination.
5. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
(a) Criminal investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cross and Christine discuss after talking about the new lead he just got in Part 3 regarding the school killings?
2. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
3. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
5. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unusual about Jill's phone call to the President?
2. Where is Roosevelt Military Academy located? Name two reasons it is important to this novel.
3. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
4. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
5. What happens when investigators approach a man who is known as Chop-it-off-Charlie, and why does this seem to be an admission of guilt?
6. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
7. What is the name of the federal agent who is always first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murder scenes? Why does the investigator immediately rule this agent out as a suspect?
8. What does the note on the President's flowers sent to him at the New York hotel say, and why is the note so alarming?
9. What does Jack's killing of the general and his son show about his character?
10. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)