|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(b) He is a drug addict.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He is just mean.
2. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
(a) By flipping a coin.
(b) By playing a game.
(c) By drawing the name from a hat.
(d) Randomly, using a phone book.
3. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
4. To whom does Cross speak regarding the previously unheard rumor he receives regarding the school killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) The FBI.
(c) His partner.
(d) The President.
5. Whose murder is depicted on the videotape received by the media company?
(a) Senator Fitzpatrick.
(b) The magazine editor.
(c) The reporter.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cross do on his off-time?
2. What does Cross call his grandmother?
3. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
4. How is a little girl lured into talking with a stranger in Chapter 1?
5. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
2. What information does the investigator learn at his first White House task force meeting that is key to his investigation?
3. Who assigns the major investigator in this book to the Jack and Jill case, and why?
4. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
5. What clue is intentionally left behind at the first Jack and Jill murder scene, and what role does it seem to play in the case?
6. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
7. Who foils a kidnapping attempt at an area mall, and what is ironic about the attempt?
8. Who is the first Jack and Jill victim in this novel, and why is the first victim so important?
9. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
10. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)