|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends the videotaped murder to the media company?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(d) Jack and Jill.
2. What does Cross call his grandmother?
(b) Nana Mama.
(d) Mama Gran.
3. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
(a) The Queen of England.
(c) Princess Di.
(d) Prince William.
4. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The FBI agent.
(b) The President's wife.
(c) The President.
(d) The hotel owner.
5. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
(a) The chief.
(b) The media.
(c) The commissioner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has always been first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murders?
2. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
3. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
4. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President's wife?
5. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
2. What troubles the major investigator in this novel about the Truth School case?
3. According to Jack and Jill, what is their motive? What is similar about the first two Jack and Jill victims?
4. Why aren't the Truth School killings a priority for the law enforcement agency? What does this seem to say about the police department?
5. Is the first murder by the Truth School killer as calculated as the first Jack and Jill murder? Why or why not?
6. What is important about the age and gender of the first Truth School victim?
7. What does the Truth School killer see that makes him angry with the major investigator in this book, and what does it tell the reader early in the story?
8. Who is the celebrity speaker at a function where Jack and Jill get their second victim? Could this speaker have been the second victim? Why or why not?
9. What role does the major detective in this novel play in the investigation of the Truth School killings, and what is unusual about his role?
10. What is unusual about Kevin Hawkins' first attack in the story? How does it foreshadow events in the book?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)