|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His children.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) The principal.
2. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A candy wrapper.
(c) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(d) A cotton candy bag.
3. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) The commissioner.
(c) The chief.
(d) The secret service.
4. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
5. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
(a) The principal.
(b) Cross himself.
(c) Cross' son.
(d) The chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
2. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
3. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
4. What is the President's name?
5. Why is Cross fascinated with the Truth School principal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which news media company receives a taped version of Jack and Jill's first murder? What is important about the tape?
2. How does Chop-it-off-Charlie die, and what do police superiors decide due to his death?
3. Who is the second victim of the Truth School killer, and what does his death say about the killer?
4. Why does the investigator work the Truth School murder case in his spare time? Who encourages him to do so?
5. How do Jack and Jill attack their first victim, and why is this attack important?
6. What actually kills the victim in Kevin Hawkins' first attack? What does this foreshadow?
7. Why is the investigator certain he will be fired when he arrives on the scene of the second Jack and Jill murder? What does the incident show the reader about his relationship with his boss?
8. Who watches the President sneak out of the White House, and why is it so dangerous?
9. What element is missing from the Jack and Jill murders that the investigator has seen in other serial killings? What leads the investigator to this conclusion?
10. What are the code names for the President and first lady? Is this a coincidence? Why or why not?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)