|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
(a) The Jack and Jill task force.
(b) Sigma Phi Kappa fraternity.
(c) The Masonic Lodge.
2. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A ransom note.
(c) A poem.
(d) A gun.
3. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In Cross' garage.
(b) In the Sumner home.
(c) In his foster parents' attic.
(d) At the principal's house.
4. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
5. Why do some law enforcement officials believe the Jack and Jill killings are over?
(a) Kevin is captured and has confessed everything.
(b) They were both captured.
(c) Jill is dead and Jack is captured.
(d) The poem says so.
6. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(a) The principal.
(c) A child from the school
(d) Cross' own children.
7. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(b) He wants to take him to dinner.
(c) He has good news for him.
(d) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
8. Who is the CIA assassin that Cross suspects as part of the Jack and Jill killings?
(a) Jack Rosen.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Kevin Hawkins.
(d) Paul Smith.
9. Who is shot and killed when the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(b) The President.
10. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
(a) Their upcoming vacation.
(b) New identities.
(c) How to escape.
(d) Their next murder.
11. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) Times Square.
(c) The World Trade Center.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
12. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
(b) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
(c) Because he is the killer's father.
(d) Because he believes Cross is his father.
13. How is a person communicating specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) On the Prodigy message board.
(b) On a social media site like MySpace or Facebook.
(c) On fliers distributed at the school.
(d) On fliers distributed in the school's neighborhood.
14. Who do Jack and Jill get to commit their third murder?
(a) Jill's brother.
(b) The President's mistress.
(c) An unknown hit man who is really an undercover cop.
(d) Kevin Hawkins.
15. What does the President forbid Cross to do?
(a) Put his enemies under surveillance.
(b) Speak without an appointment.
(c) Sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.
(d) Come into the Oval Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
2. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
3. What was the occupation of the Truth School killer's father?
4. How many New York City police officers greet the President at the airport?
5. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)