|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
2. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) He has good news for him.
(b) He wants to take him to dinner.
(c) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(d) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
3. Who does the Truth School killer shoot first at the Johnson residence?
4. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
(a) Candy gram.
(b) With a flower delivery.
(c) Rolled up in a towel.
(d) Poem on his hotel bed.
5. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
(a) How to escape.
(b) Their upcoming vacation.
(c) Their next murder.
(d) New identities.
6. What does the item held by Jill reveal to investigators?
(a) That Jack and Jill are running away.
(b) That Jack and Jill want ransom money.
(c) That she killed herself.
(d) That Jack and Jill are getting married.
7. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
(a) Readers of The Catcher and the Rye.
(b) People who had been fired by the Secret Service.
(c) The pool of CIA hit men.
(d) Foreign embassies.
8. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
(a) The President's girlfriend.
(b) A Supreme Court Justice.
(c) The President himself.
(d) The President's wife.
9. Why do some law enforcement officials believe the Jack and Jill killings are over?
(a) Kevin is captured and has confessed everything.
(b) The poem says so.
(c) Jill is dead and Jack is captured.
(d) They were both captured.
10. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
(c) Nana Mama.
(d) No one.
11. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
(a) The Waldorf Astoria.
(c) To his aunt's home across town.
(d) To the principal's house.
12. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
(a) The woman spots the poem.
(b) The bullet falls out of the woman's purse.
(c) The woman sees the note and reads it.
(d) The woman reports the gun to the Secret Service.
13. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
14. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
(a) The Supreme Court Justice.
(b) The President's girlfriend.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The President.
15. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) The World Trade Center.
(c) Times Square.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot and killed when the President's New York speech is interrupted?
2. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
3. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
4. What causes the event that happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
5. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)