|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) The baker himself.
(c) The cafeteria supervisor.
(d) The censor's supervisor.
2. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
(a) That the man making the call has a nervous condition.
(b) That Jack or Jill is someone close to the President.
(c) That the ransom note will be found soon.
(d) That the woman making the call is depressed.
3. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) He has good news for him.
(b) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(c) He wants to take him to dinner.
(d) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
4. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
5. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
(a) A diary.
(b) The dead girl's shirt.
(c) A poem.
(d) A bullet.
6. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
(a) Nana Mama.
(b) No one.
7. Who does the Truth School killer shoot first at the Johnson residence?
8. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because he is the killer's father.
(b) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
(c) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
(d) Because he believes Cross is his father.
9. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
(a) A censor.
(b) A baker.
(c) A cafeteria lady.
(d) A teacher.
10. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
(a) He falls and cries.
(b) He runs.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He has a seizure.
11. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
(a) The Waldorf Astoria in New York.
(b) A specific hotel in Tahiti.
(c) The Air Force Base in New Zealand.
(d) Camp David.
12. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
(a) She was the President's mistress.
(b) She was Jill's sister.
(c) She had been a member of the Secret Service in the past.
(d) She hated poetry.
13. What causes the event that happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
(a) He is chased.
(b) He has not taken his medication.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He accidentally shoots himself.
14. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
(b) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
(c) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
(d) Whether the President will live or die.
15. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
(a) The President himself.
(b) The President's wife.
(c) A Supreme Court Justice.
(d) The President's girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Truth School killer?
2. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
3. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
4. What happens when the communications regarding the Truth School killings are removed?
5. Who spots a kid hanging around the school and sends him away?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)