|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the Truth School killer's father?
(c) Drug dealer.
2. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
(a) The day after the President is shot.
(b) Just before the President's speech is to begin.
(c) After the President is shot.
(d) Two days after the President is shot.
3. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
(a) That Jack or Jill is someone close to the President.
(b) That the ransom note will be found soon.
(c) That the man making the call has a nervous condition.
(d) That the woman making the call is depressed.
4. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
(a) Candy gram.
(b) Rolled up in a towel.
(c) Poem on his hotel bed.
(d) With a flower delivery.
5. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A 13-year-old boy.
(c) A strange man.
6. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He has a seizure.
(c) He falls and cries.
(d) He runs.
7. What does the President forbid Cross to do?
(a) Come into the Oval Office.
(b) Sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.
(c) Speak without an appointment.
(d) Put his enemies under surveillance.
8. Who sees the killer at Cross' home?
(b) No one.
(d) Nana Mama.
9. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether the President will live or die.
(b) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
(c) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
(d) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
10. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In his foster parents' attic.
(b) In Cross' garage.
(c) At the principal's house.
(d) In the Sumner home.
11. What decision does the President make, disregarding Cross' previous advice?
(a) To take a long vacation.
(b) To divorce his wife.
(c) To keep his scheduled appearances.
(d) To move to Camp David.
12. What is Jill found holding when her body is discovered?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A baby.
(d) A poem.
13. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(b) The President.
14. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because he is the killer's father.
(b) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
(c) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
(d) Because he believes Cross is his father.
15. To which group does Jack's old friend belong?
(a) The Jack and Jill task force.
(c) Sigma Phi Kappa fraternity.
(d) The Masonic Lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
2. Why does Jack need to kill his old friend?
3. Who sees the specific information that is communicated regarding the Truth School killings?
4. Which of the killers makes way into the President's entourage in New York?
5. Who does the Truth School principal watch the news with at her home?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)