|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Truth School killer?
(a) Danny Boudreaux.
(b) Sumner Moore.
(c) Alex Sampson.
(d) Damen Cross.
2. What does the item held by Jill reveal to investigators?
(a) That she killed herself.
(b) That Jack and Jill want ransom money.
(c) That Jack and Jill are running away.
(d) That Jack and Jill are getting married.
3. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(d) The President.
4. Why is Sampson at Cross' house when he returns from chasing a suspect?
(a) Threats have been made on the Cross family.
(b) He wants to take him to dinner.
(c) To pick him up for the weekly poker game.
(d) He has good news for him.
5. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In Cross' garage.
(b) At the principal's house.
(c) In his foster parents' attic.
(d) In the Sumner home.
6. Who does Cross visit when he has trouble sleeping?
(b) Nana Mama.
7. Who travels to New York with the President?
(d) Mrs. Johnson.
8. What assumption does Cross make from the phone call that the President receives?
(a) That the woman making the call is depressed.
(b) That Jack or Jill is someone close to the President.
(c) That the man making the call has a nervous condition.
(d) That the ransom note will be found soon.
9. Who is the CIA assassin that Cross suspects as part of the Jack and Jill killings?
(a) Kevin Hawkins.
(b) Sam Johnson.
(c) Jack Rosen.
(d) Paul Smith.
10. Who kills Jill?
11. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
(a) How to escape.
(b) Their upcoming vacation.
(c) Their next murder.
(d) New identities.
12. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A diary.
(c) The dead girl's shirt.
(d) A poem.
13. What decision does the President make, disregarding Cross' previous advice?
(a) To keep his scheduled appearances.
(b) To move to Camp David.
(c) To divorce his wife.
(d) To take a long vacation.
14. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
(a) The pool of CIA hit men.
(b) Foreign embassies.
(c) People who had been fired by the Secret Service.
(d) Readers of The Catcher and the Rye.
15. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A gun.
(b) A poem.
(c) A ransom note.
(d) A bullet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Vice President's name?
2. What happens to the killer after he shoots his hostage?
3. What is Jill found holding when her body is discovered?
4. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
5. Why do some law enforcement officials believe the Jack and Jill killings are over?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)