|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Christine's husband?
2. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
(a) Because Cross was once the killer's mentor.
(b) Because he is investigating the Jack and Jill murders.
(c) Because he believes Cross is his father.
(d) Because he is the killer's father.
3. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
(a) The Statue of Liberty.
(b) Times Square.
(c) The World Trade Center.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
4. Which nearby school does an investigator visit to see if any teachers witnessed anything unusual around the time of the Truth School killings?
(a) Georgetown School of Performing Arts.
(b) Truth Sojourner School.
(c) George Washington School of Arts.
(d) Theodore Roosevelt Military Academy.
5. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
(a) Sumner Moore.
(c) Mrs. Sumner.
(d) Col. Sumner.
6. Who is sleeping on Cross' sun porch?
(b) Nana Mama.
(d) The family's pit bull.
7. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
(a) Because he has a superstition about killing more than one person per location.
(b) Because he likes the drama of flipping a coin.
(c) Because of the way the hostage and Cross are positioned in the room.
(d) Because he only has one bullet.
8. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In his foster parents' attic.
(b) In Cross' garage.
(c) In the Sumner home.
(d) At the principal's house.
9. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
(a) The woman sees the note and reads it.
(b) The woman reports the gun to the Secret Service.
(c) The bullet falls out of the woman's purse.
(d) The woman spots the poem.
10. When does Cross learn about Jill's death?
(a) After the President is shot.
(b) The day after the President is shot.
(c) Two days after the President is shot.
(d) Just before the President's speech is to begin.
11. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
(a) She was the President's mistress.
(b) She had been a member of the Secret Service in the past.
(c) She hated poetry.
(d) She was Jill's sister.
12. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) The baker himself.
(b) The cafeteria supervisor.
(c) The censor's supervisor.
(d) The principal.
13. What is on the new suspect's bed when investigators go to his house?
(a) A diary.
(b) A bullet.
(c) The dead girl's shirt.
(d) A poem.
14. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
(b) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
(c) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
(d) Whether the President will live or die.
15. What disturbance occurs while the President is on stage in New York?
(a) A heckler.
(b) A shooting spree.
(c) A bomb detonates.
(d) A riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Law enforcement officials thought the murder at the Kennedy Center could have been a mistake. Who did they suspect was the real target of the attack?
2. Who does the Truth School killer ask for by name?
3. How old is the Truth School killer?
4. What was the occupation of the Truth School killer's father?
5. What is the Vice President's name?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)