|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
(a) A bullet.
(b) A ransom note.
(c) A gun.
(d) A poem.
2. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
(b) Whether the President will live or die.
(c) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
(d) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
3. What does the President forbid Cross to do?
(a) Speak without an appointment.
(b) Sleep in the Lincoln bedroom.
(c) Come into the Oval Office.
(d) Put his enemies under surveillance.
4. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
(a) Poem on his hotel bed.
(b) Candy gram.
(c) With a flower delivery.
(d) Rolled up in a towel.
5. Where does Cross move his family to after receiving several hangup phone calls?
(a) To the principal's house.
(c) To his aunt's home across town.
(d) The Waldorf Astoria.
6. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) In his foster parents' attic.
(b) At the principal's house.
(c) In the Sumner home.
(d) In Cross' garage.
7. Who does Jack meet in his own hotel room that he hugs?
(a) The President.
8. Who is initially indicated as the suspected Truth School killer based on evidence reported from the specific communications?
(a) Mrs. Sumner.
(b) Col. Sumner.
(d) Sumner Moore.
9. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
(a) The woman sees the note and reads it.
(b) The woman reports the gun to the Secret Service.
(c) The bullet falls out of the woman's purse.
(d) The woman spots the poem.
10. After the Kennedy Center killing, where do investigators begin to search for suspects?
(a) Readers of The Catcher and the Rye.
(b) The pool of CIA hit men.
(c) Foreign embassies.
(d) People who had been fired by the Secret Service.
11. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(d) The President.
12. Who is carrying false FBI credentials at the President's New York speech?
13. While Cross' investigation of the Jack and Jill killings heats up, who investigates the school killings?
14. Who is shot and killed when the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(b) The President.
15. Who calls the Washington, DC police regarding the specific information about the Truth School killings?
(a) The baker himself.
(b) The censor's supervisor.
(c) The principal.
(d) The cafeteria supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
2. Who knocks on the principal's door at her house?
3. Why does the Truth School killer feel abandoned by Cross?
4. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
5. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)