|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and Jill discuss as they fly over a presidential retreat?
(a) How to escape.
(b) Their next murder.
(c) New identities.
(d) Their upcoming vacation.
2. Where is the President scheduled to speak during his New York visit?
(a) The World Trade Center.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
3. Who escapes through the Holland Tunnel after the President's New York speech is interrupted?
(a) The President.
4. What question remains in Cross' mind after a gunman is found dead in the tunnel where the President escaped?
(a) Whether Hawkins was really Jack.
(b) If the President's wife is actually Jill.
(c) Whether the President will live or die.
(d) Whether the dead woman was Jill.
5. Why does the killer have to choose who to shoot next after taking his hostage?
(a) Because of the way the hostage and Cross are positioned in the room.
(b) Because he only has one bullet.
(c) Because he has a superstition about killing more than one person per location.
(d) Because he likes the drama of flipping a coin.
6. Why is the hit man forced to shoot sooner?
(a) The woman spots the poem.
(b) The bullet falls out of the woman's purse.
(c) The woman sees the note and reads it.
(d) The woman reports the gun to the Secret Service.
7. Who does Cross visit when he has trouble sleeping?
(d) Nana Mama.
8. Who is the hero after the capture of the Truth School killer?
9. Who does the Truth School killer hold for ransom?
(b) A child from the school
(c) The principal.
(d) Cross' own children.
10. What advice does Cross give the President regarding public appearances?
(a) To hire a stand-in for them.
(b) To stop making them until further notice.
(c) To increase his bodyguard coverage.
(d) To keep all of his speaking engagements.
11. What do law enforcement officials discover about the murder victim at the Kennedy Center?
(a) She was Jill's sister.
(b) She was the President's mistress.
(c) She hated poetry.
(d) She had been a member of the Secret Service in the past.
12. What does the item held by Jill reveal to investigators?
(a) That Jack and Jill want ransom money.
(b) That she killed herself.
(c) That Jack and Jill are getting married.
(d) That Jack and Jill are running away.
13. Over which presidential retreat do Jack and Jill fly?
(a) The Air Force Base in New Zealand.
(b) Camp David.
(c) A specific hotel in Tahiti.
(d) The Waldorf Astoria in New York.
14. How many shots are fired during the President's appearance in New York?
15. Where is the Truth School killer hiding?
(a) At the principal's house.
(b) In his foster parents' attic.
(c) In the Sumner home.
(d) In Cross' garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose home does Jack sneak into in a way that is NOT characteristic of his typical murders?
2. What is dropped into a woman's bag at the Kennedy Center?
3. What is the Vice President's name?
4. How does the President receive a message from Jack and Jill in New York?
5. Who is killed at the Kennedy Center?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)