|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The principal.
(c) A young man he knows.
(d) A white homeless man.
2. Who arrives at Cross' house in Chapter 15?
(c) The Truth School killer.
(d) The chief and commissioner.
3. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
(a) The President's wife.
(b) The Truth School killer.
(c) Jack and Jill.
4. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
(a) Cross loses a shoe.
(b) The department is planning to fire them.
(c) The real killer makes another attempt across town.
(d) A killer ransacks Cross' house.
5. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
(a) The commissioner.
(b) The chief.
(c) The media.
6. What is Cross' son's name?
7. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(c) The commissioner.
(d) An unknown man.
8. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
(a) Drug dealer.
(b) Insurance fraud.
9. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
(a) By stabbing.
(b) By gunshot.
(c) By strangling.
(d) By poison.
10. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) A balloon.
(b) Candy vendors.
(c) A trash can.
(d) A white face.
11. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
(a) Because the media will ruin his career.
(b) Because he breached White House security.
(c) Because of the high profile murders in the area.
(d) Because his wife might find out.
12. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
(a) The death of the little girl.
(b) The death of the senator.
(c) The death of an unknown woman.
(d) The death of the chased suspect.
13. How is a little girl lured into talking with a stranger in Chapter 1?
(a) With the offer of money for a carousel ride.
(b) With the offer of balloons.
(c) With the offer of candy.
(d) With the offer of cotton candy.
14. Who has always been first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murders?
(b) Jay Grayer.
(c) The President.
(d) The principal.
15. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
2. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
3. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
5. Where does Cross' son attend school?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)