Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cross' son's name?
2. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
(a) The principal.
(b) Cross himself.
(c) The chief.
(d) Cross' son.
3. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(a) Nana Mama.
(d) His partner.
4. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the President has been killed.
(b) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(c) That the President is cheating on his wife.
(d) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
5. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A vision of the dead girl.
(c) A neighbor's child.
(d) His son.
6. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is a drug addict.
(b) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He is just mean.
7. Who do Cross and his partner chase across a courtyard as they investigate the school killings?
(a) A balloon artist.
(b) A mime.
(c) The alleged neighborhood child molester.
(d) A candy vendor.
8. Whose trail does the President easily shake when he sneaks out of the White House?
(a) The Secret Service.
(c) The FBI.
9. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
(a) Cross loses a shoe.
(b) The real killer makes another attempt across town.
(c) A killer ransacks Cross' house.
(d) The department is planning to fire them.
10. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
(c) His mother.
(d) The Truth School killer.
11. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
(a) An arm.
(b) Lunch money.
(c) School clothes.
(d) A backpack.
12. Who invites Cross to the White House?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The President.
(d) The chief.
13. Who thinks the Truth School killer might be a beginner?
(d) The chief.
14. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
15. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
(a) In the business district.
(b) The poor section.
(c) The prostitute district.
(d) The ritzy section.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what public place does a foiled kidnapping attempt occur?
2. Who videotapes the murder of Jack and Jill's first victim?
3. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
4. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
5. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)