|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
2. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
(a) The department is planning to fire them.
(b) Cross loses a shoe.
(c) The real killer makes another attempt across town.
(d) A killer ransacks Cross' house.
3. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) An unknown man.
(c) The commissioner.
4. Who sends the videotaped murder to the media company?
(b) Jack and Jill.
(d) The Truth School killer.
5. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
(a) Off-duty officers who live in the neighborhood.
(b) The chief himself.
(c) The media.
(d) Alex alone.
6. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
7. Whose trail does the President easily shake when he sneaks out of the White House?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Secret Service.
8. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Homicide investigator.
(b) Patrol officer.
(c) Fingerprint expert.
(d) Secret Service protection.
9. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) His preacher.
(b) The principal.
(c) His children.
(d) His grandmother.
10. Who invites Cross to the White House?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(b) The President.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The chief.
11. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) An unknown man.
(d) A waiter.
12. Who initially saves Kevin Hawkins' first target?
(a) The police.
(b) Another drug dealer.
(c) A witness.
13. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) Christine and her husband.
(d) Natalie and Jack.
14. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) Candy vendors.
(b) A white face.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A trash can.
15. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the neighborhood child molester, in local rumors?
2. Who makes arrangements for an investigation into the Truth School killings?
3. Who was the first murder victim at the school and left in plain view?
4. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
5. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)