|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
2. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) A trash can.
(b) A white face.
(c) Candy vendors.
(d) A balloon.
3. Who sends the videotaped murder to the media company?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(c) Jack and Jill.
4. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) The Truth Killer.
(c) Another police investigator.
(d) The President.
5. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
(a) The ritzy section.
(b) The poor section.
(c) The prostitute district.
(d) In the business district.
6. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) John Sampson.
(d) Sam Johnson.
7. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) An unknown man.
(c) The commissioner.
8. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President's wife?
9. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
(a) Randomly, using a phone book.
(b) By flipping a coin.
(c) By drawing the name from a hat.
(d) By playing a game.
10. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
(b) The victim.
(d) A weapon.
11. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
(a) The media.
(b) Off-duty officers who live in the neighborhood.
(c) Alex alone.
(d) The chief himself.
12. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
(a) Because he breached White House security.
(b) Because the media will ruin his career.
(c) Because of the high profile murders in the area.
(d) Because his wife might find out.
13. Who do Cross and his partner chase across a courtyard as they investigate the school killings?
(a) A candy vendor.
(b) The alleged neighborhood child molester.
(c) A mime.
(d) A balloon artist.
14. Which police department employs Cross?
(a) The FBI.
(c) The state of Maryland.
(d) Washington, DC.
15. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. Whose trail does the President easily shake when he sneaks out of the White House?
3. Who is the first victim of Jack and Jill?
4. What is the name of the neighborhood child molester, in local rumors?
5. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)