|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the killers in the videotaped murder say they are killing?
(a) For fun.
(b) They had family members murdered, too.
(c) To protect American morals.
(d) They are bored with American life.
2. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) By an alarm clock.
(b) His cell phone rings.
(c) With a knock at the door.
(d) A window is broken.
3. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
(a) By strangling.
(b) By stabbing.
(c) By poison.
(d) By gunshot.
4. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
(a) At the Jefferson Hotel.
(b) In her office.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the Waldorf Astoria.
5. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) Another police investigator.
(b) The Truth Killer.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) The President.
6. Who has always been first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) The President.
(b) The principal.
(c) Jay Grayer.
7. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
(a) His son.
(b) A vision of the dead girl.
(c) A neighbor's child.
(d) His daughter.
8. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is a drug addict.
(b) It is too early to know.
(c) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(d) He is just mean.
9. What does Cross do on his off-time?
(a) Has poker night with the boys.
(b) Plays golf.
(c) Works the Truth School case.
(d) Drinks too much.
10. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Fingerprint expert.
(b) Secret Service protection.
(c) Patrol officer.
(d) Homicide investigator.
11. Where does Cross' son attend school?
(b) Arlington Public Schools.
(c) George Washington University.
(d) The Sojourner Truth School.
12. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
(a) Because his wife might find out.
(b) Because the media will ruin his career.
(c) Because he breached White House security.
(d) Because of the high profile murders in the area.
13. Which police department employs Cross?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) The state of Maryland.
(c) The FBI.
14. Who sends the videotaped murder to the media company?
(c) The Truth School killer.
(d) Jack and Jill.
15. What is Natalie Sheehan's job?
(a) Newspaper reporter.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Magazine editor.
(d) TV reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
2. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
3. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
4. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
5. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)