|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) It is too early to know.
(b) He is just mean.
(c) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(d) He is a drug addict.
2. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
3. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) The secret service.
(c) The commissioner.
(d) The chief.
4. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
(a) Criminal investigator.
5. Who makes arrangements for an investigation into the Truth School killings?
(b) The principal.
(c) The chief.
(d) The commissioner.
6. Where does Cross' son attend school?
(a) George Washington University.
(b) Arlington Public Schools.
(c) The Sojourner Truth School.
7. Who has always been first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) The President.
(c) Jay Grayer.
(d) The principal.
8. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
(a) The principal is a suspect.
(b) An eyewitness saw a drug dealer kill the kid.
(c) Each kid is killed by a different killer.
(d) A homeless man was seen in the area before the first killing.
9. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) Natalie and Jack.
(c) Christine and her husband.
10. Whose trail does the President easily shake when he sneaks out of the White House?
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Secret Service.
11. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The Truth Killer.
(b) The President.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) Another police investigator.
12. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The FBI agent.
(b) The President.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The hotel owner.
13. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) A weapon.
(b) The victim.
14. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(b) A candy wrapper.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A cotton candy bag.
15. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
(a) A drug user.
(b) A businessman.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Jack and Jill?
2. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
3. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
4. How is a little girl lured into talking with a stranger in Chapter 1?
5. Why do the killers in the videotaped murder say they are killing?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)