|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who videotapes the murder of Jack and Jill's first victim?
2. At what location does Kevin Hawkins meet his target when his character is first introduced in the book?
(a) The school.
(b) The White House.
(c) A dark alley.
(d) The airport.
3. Who investigates the Truth School killings?
(a) The media.
(b) Off-duty officers who live in the neighborhood.
(c) Alex alone.
(d) The chief himself.
4. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(b) Nana Mama.
(d) His partner.
5. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
(a) The chief.
(c) The commissioner.
(d) The media.
6. What does Cross call his grandmother?
(c) Nana Mama.
(d) Mama Gran.
7. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
(a) Mary Johnson.
(b) Johnnie Smith.
(c) Natalie Johnson.
(d) Christine Johnson.
8. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President's wife?
9. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(b) John Sampson.
(c) Sam Johnson.
10. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
(a) In an old box.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) The location is not revealed yet.
(d) In a trash can.
11. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) A felony hot check case.
(c) Truth School.
(d) The President's assassination.
12. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
(a) In front of her school.
(b) Behind a bar.
(c) In an alley.
(d) In bushes.
13. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) A white face.
(b) A trash can.
(c) A balloon.
(d) Candy vendors.
14. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like the President.
(b) In a disguise.
(c) Like a police officer.
(d) Like a teacher.
15. Who has always called the police to report the Jack and Jill murders?
(b) Various people.
(c) Jay Grayer.
(d) The President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
2. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
3. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
4. How are the voices on the videotaped murder recorded?
5. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)