|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Secret Service protection.
(b) Patrol officer.
(c) Homicide investigator.
(d) Fingerprint expert.
2. What does the little girl's killer say he hates in Chapter 1?
(c) Cotton candy.
3. If Jack and Jill's killing style has sexual undertones, what kind of killing style does the little girl's murderer exhibit?
4. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) Truth School.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(c) The President's assassination.
(d) A felony hot check case.
5. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
(a) By strangling.
(b) By poison.
(c) By stabbing.
(d) By gunshot.
6. How do Jack and Jill select their next victim?
(a) By playing a game.
(b) By flipping a coin.
(c) Randomly, using a phone book.
(d) By drawing the name from a hat.
7. What happens when the suspect chased by Cross and his partner tries to escape when they have him cornered?
(a) He falls and dies.
(b) He crashes through the window and dies.
(c) He impales himself on the fence and dies.
(d) He is trampled in a crowd.
8. At what location does Kevin Hawkins meet his target when his character is first introduced in the book?
(a) A dark alley.
(b) The White House.
(c) The airport.
(d) The school.
9. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
(a) A backpack.
(b) An arm.
(c) Lunch money.
(d) School clothes.
10. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
(a) Cross loses a shoe.
(b) The real killer makes another attempt across town.
(c) A killer ransacks Cross' house.
(d) The department is planning to fire them.
11. Who gives Cross souvenirs for his children?
(a) The President.
(b) The FBI agent.
(c) The President's wife.
(d) The hotel owner.
12. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
13. Who is Kevin Hawkins' target when his character is first introduced?
(a) A businessman.
(c) A drug user.
(d) The President.
14. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
(a) The Queen of England.
(b) Princess Di.
(c) Prince William.
15. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(c) A waiter.
(d) An unknown man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
2. Who initially saves Kevin Hawkins' first target?
3. Who thinks the Truth School killer has some distinctive feature?
4. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
5. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)