|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
(a) At the Waldorf Astoria.
(b) In her office.
(c) At the school.
(d) At the Jefferson Hotel.
2. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
(b) His mother.
(d) The Truth School killer.
3. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Homicide investigator.
(b) Patrol officer.
(c) Secret Service protection.
(d) Fingerprint expert.
4. Which case is Cross assigned to investigate solely?
(a) The Truth School murders.
(b) The Jack and Jill murders.
(c) None -- he has been fired.
(d) Both the Jack and Jill and Truth School murders.
5. Who makes arrangements for an investigation into the Truth School killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) The chief.
(c) The commissioner.
6. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President's wife?
7. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
(a) By strangling.
(b) By stabbing.
(c) By poison.
(d) By gunshot.
8. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
(a) The killing will continue.
(b) Not to look for the killers.
(c) The commissioner is the next victim.
(d) They are next.
9. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
(b) Baseball bat.
(d) Pepper spray.
10. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
11. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like a teacher.
(b) Like a police officer.
(c) Like the President.
(d) In a disguise.
12. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) A felony hot check case.
(b) Truth School.
(c) The President's assassination.
(d) Jack and Jill.
13. Why is Cross fascinated with the Truth School principal?
(a) She wears lots of jewelry.
(b) She's out of place in the poor community.
(c) She does not like children.
(d) She is 20 years younger than he is.
14. How is Cross awakened at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) His cell phone rings.
(b) A window is broken.
(c) By an alarm clock.
(d) With a knock at the door.
15. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
2. Who arrives at Cross' house in Chapter 15?
3. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
4. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
5. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)