|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cross' son attend school?
(a) Arlington Public Schools.
(b) The Sojourner Truth School.
(d) George Washington University.
2. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
3. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
4. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the President is cheating on his wife.
(b) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
(c) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(d) That the President has been killed.
5. What is Cross' son's name?
6. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) A weapon.
(d) The victim.
7. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
8. At what public place does a foiled kidnapping attempt occur?
(a) In a pediatrician's office.
(b) On a playground.
(c) In a mall.
(d) At a school.
9. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is just mean.
(b) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He is a drug addict.
10. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) Beating and burn marks.
(b) All-over body beating.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) Beating on one side of her face.
11. What is the President's name?
(a) Abraham Thomas.
(b) William J. Byrnes.
(c) George Byrnes.
(d) Thomas Byrnes.
12. What words best describe Cross' feelings about the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) Whimsical and flighty.
(b) Cold and calculated.
(c) Hurried and unprofessional.
(d) Passionate and planned.
13. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The Truth Killer.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(c) Another police investigator.
(d) The President.
14. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) John Sampson.
(b) Sam Johnson.
15. Why do the killers in the videotaped murder say they are killing?
(a) They are bored with American life.
(b) They had family members murdered, too.
(c) To protect American morals.
(d) For fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
2. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
3. What does Cross do on his off-time?
4. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
5. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)