|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
(a) A mental illness.
(b) A physical malformation.
(c) Parental issues.
(d) A drug problem.
2. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) Jack and Jill.
(b) The President.
(c) The Truth Killer.
(d) Another police investigator.
3. Who is the third Jack and Jill victim?
(a) An actor.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The commissioner.
(d) The President.
4. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
(a) Not to look for the killers.
(b) They are next.
(c) The commissioner is the next victim.
(d) The killing will continue.
5. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(b) That the President has been killed.
(c) That the President is cheating on his wife.
(d) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
6. What is the President's name?
(a) George Byrnes.
(b) Abraham Thomas.
(c) William J. Byrnes.
(d) Thomas Byrnes.
7. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Christine and her husband.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(d) Natalie and Jack.
8. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) A cotton candy bag.
(b) A balloon.
(c) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(d) A candy wrapper.
9. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
(a) Cross' wife.
(b) The police commissioner.
(c) The Truth School killer.
(d) The police chief.
10. What is the name of the neighborhood child molester, in local rumors?
(a) Wacky Wayne.
(b) Weirdo Wayne.
(c) Chop it Off Charlie.
(d) Chester the Molester.
11. What does Cross call his grandmother?
(b) Mama Gran.
(d) Nana Mama.
12. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) His preacher.
(b) His children.
(c) The principal.
(d) His grandmother.
13. What is the real name of the character who actively fulfills the role of Jill in the murders?
(a) Sarah Johnson.
(b) Sara Nana.
(c) Sara Rosen.
(d) Sarah Green.
14. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
15. Who has a plan that seems to involve the President?
(a) The Truth School killer.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(d) The President's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
2. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
3. Where does the chase of a school killing suspect lead Cross and his partner?
4. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
5. Who is the second Truth School student that is killed?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)