|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
(a) The Jack and Jill Task Force.
(b) The Chief of Staff meeting.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Presidential Security Organization.
2. At what public place does a foiled kidnapping attempt occur?
(a) In a mall.
(b) At a school.
(c) On a playground.
(d) In a pediatrician's office.
3. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(a) His partner.
(d) Nana Mama.
4. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
(b) Baseball bat.
(c) Pepper spray.
5. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(b) That the President has been killed.
(c) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
(d) That the President is cheating on his wife.
6. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
(a) Not to look for the killers.
(b) They are next.
(c) The commissioner is the next victim.
(d) The killing will continue.
7. To whom does Cross speak regarding the previously unheard rumor he receives regarding the school killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) His partner.
(c) The President.
(d) The FBI.
8. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
(a) The poor section.
(b) The ritzy section.
(c) In the business district.
(d) The prostitute district.
9. Who helps keep Cross focused on the right priorities?
(a) His children.
(b) The principal.
(c) His preacher.
(d) His grandmother.
10. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
(a) The President.
(b) Another police investigator.
(c) Jack and Jill.
(d) The Truth Killer.
11. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
(b) The victim.
(c) A weapon.
12. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
(a) At the Waldorf Astoria.
(b) At the Jefferson Hotel.
(c) In her office.
(d) At the school.
13. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like a teacher.
(b) Like a police officer.
(c) Like the President.
(d) In a disguise.
14. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
(a) Cross' son.
(b) The chief.
(c) Cross himself.
(d) The principal.
15. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is a drug addict.
(b) He is just mean.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Cross and his partner are chasing their suspect on one side of town?
2. What does Cross call his grandmother?
3. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
4. Why is Cross fascinated with the Truth School principal?
5. What is Natalie Sheehan's job?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)