|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
(a) A stranger.
(b) A white homeless man.
(c) The principal.
(d) A young man he knows.
2. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
(a) Baseball bat.
(b) Pepper spray.
3. Which child awakens Cross in Chapter 15?
(a) A vision of the dead girl.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A neighbor's child.
(d) His son.
4. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) A candy wrapper.
(b) An envelope with lunch money in it.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A cotton candy bag.
5. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the President is cheating on his wife.
(b) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(c) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
(d) That the President has been killed.
6. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
(a) The chief.
(b) The commissioner.
(d) The media.
7. What words best describe Cross' feelings about the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) Hurried and unprofessional.
(b) Passionate and planned.
(c) Cold and calculated.
(d) Whimsical and flighty.
8. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
9. What is Cross' official job?
(a) Secret Service protection.
(b) Homicide investigator.
(c) Fingerprint expert.
(d) Patrol officer.
10. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) Beating on one side of her face.
(b) Beating and burn marks.
(c) All-over body beating.
(d) A stab wound.
11. What does Cross call his grandmother?
(a) Nana Mama.
(b) Mama Gran.
12. Who is watching the President as he sneaks out of the White House to meet a lover?
(b) The Secret Service.
(d) The Truth School killer.
13. After observing Cross and his children, who is agitated that Cross is such a good father?
(a) The police chief.
(b) The Truth School killer.
(c) Cross' wife.
(d) The police commissioner.
14. Who pushes Cross at the crime seen where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(a) An unknown man.
(b) The commissioner.
15. Who takes a day off to enjoy a luxury hotel while Cross is meeting with the White House group?
(a) Christine and her husband.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(d) Natalie and Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jack and Jill kill their first victim?
2. What do Cross and Christine discuss after talking about the new lead he just got in Part 3 regarding the school killings?
3. Who awakens Cross at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who pushes the police chief against the wall at the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
5. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)