|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the celebrity speaker at a party in which Jack and Jill plan to enact their second murder?
(a) Prince William.
(b) Princess Di.
(d) The Queen of England.
2. To whom does Cross speak regarding the previously unheard rumor he receives regarding the school killings?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The President.
(c) The principal.
(d) His partner.
3. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) Beating on one side of her face.
(b) Beating and burn marks.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) All-over body beating.
4. What word do the killers in the videotaped murder use to describe their actions?
5. In which section of town does the child murder take place in Chapter 1?
(a) In the business district.
(b) The ritzy section.
(c) The poor section.
(d) The prostitute district.
6. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) Candy vendors.
(b) A trash can.
(c) A balloon.
(d) A white face.
7. Where is the little girl killed in Chapter 1?
(a) Behind a bar.
(b) In an alley.
(c) In front of her school.
(d) In bushes.
8. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like the President.
(b) Like a police officer.
(c) Like a teacher.
(d) In a disguise.
9. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That the President is cheating on his wife.
(b) That the President has been killed.
(c) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(d) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
10. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
11. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
12. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
(a) A physical malformation.
(b) Parental issues.
(c) A mental illness.
(d) A drug problem.
13. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
(a) The principal.
(b) A white homeless man.
(c) A young man he knows.
(d) A stranger.
14. What happens when the suspect chased by Cross and his partner tries to escape when they have him cornered?
(a) He falls and dies.
(b) He is trampled in a crowd.
(c) He crashes through the window and dies.
(d) He impales himself on the fence and dies.
15. Which case does Cross focus on during his typical work hours?
(a) A felony hot check case.
(b) Jack and Jill.
(c) Truth School.
(d) The President's assassination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words best describe Cross' feelings about the Jack and Jill murders?
2. Who has always been first on the scene of the Jack and Jill murders?
3. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
4. What is Kevin Hawkins' legal job?
5. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)