|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
(a) In an old box.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) In a trash can.
(d) The location is not revealed yet.
2. What is Cross' son's name?
3. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
(a) Because the media will ruin his career.
(b) Because of the high profile murders in the area.
(c) Because his wife might find out.
(d) Because he breached White House security.
4. Who is the third Jack and Jill victim?
(a) An actor.
(b) The President.
(c) The commissioner.
(d) The mayor.
5. Who makes arrangements for an investigation into the Truth School killings?
(a) The chief.
(c) The commissioner.
(d) The principal.
6. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
7. Who searches the crime scene where Natalie Sheehan was killed?
(b) The commissioner.
(c) The chief.
(d) The secret service.
8. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
(a) The death of the senator.
(b) The death of the little girl.
(c) The death of an unknown woman.
(d) The death of the chased suspect.
9. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is a drug addict.
(b) It is too early to know.
(c) He is just mean.
(d) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
10. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) All-over body beating.
(b) Beating on one side of her face.
(c) Beating and burn marks.
(d) A stab wound.
11. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
12. What is the previously unheard rumor that Cross receives regarding the school killer?
(a) A homeless man was seen in the area before the first killing.
(b) Each kid is killed by a different killer.
(c) The principal is a suspect.
(d) An eyewitness saw a drug dealer kill the kid.
13. What do Cross and Christine discuss after talking about the new lead he just got in Part 3 regarding the school killings?
(a) The murder only.
(b) The tip, plus more about themselves.
(c) Cross' son.
(d) Christine's fear.
14. How many murder cases does Cross investigate in this book?
15. Which installment in Patterson's Alex Cross series is this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
2. What, according to Cross, is missing from the Jack and Jill murders?
3. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
4. What weapon is used in the attack on the little girl in Chapter 1?
5. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)