|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury is evident in the first murder victim at the school?
(a) Beating and burn marks.
(b) All-over body beating.
(c) Beating on one side of her face.
(d) A stab wound.
2. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is a drug addict.
(b) He is just mean.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
3. Who is Cross' physical conscience?
(a) Nana Mama.
(b) His partner.
4. What is the name of the neighborhood child molester, in local rumors?
(a) Wacky Wayne.
(b) Weirdo Wayne.
(c) Chop it Off Charlie.
(d) Chester the Molester.
5. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
(a) The chief.
(b) Cross' son.
(c) Cross himself.
(d) The principal.
6. Who invites Cross to the White House?
(a) A Secret Service agent.
(b) The chief.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The President.
7. Who is the third Jack and Jill victim?
(a) The President.
(b) The commissioner.
(c) An actor.
(d) The mayor.
8. What is the name of the principal from the Truth School?
(a) Johnnie Smith.
(b) Natalie Johnson.
(c) Mary Johnson.
(d) Christine Johnson.
9. Who was the first murder victim at the school and left in plain view?
(a) John Sampson.
(b) Jack Johnson.
(c) Cross' son.
(d) Shanelle Green.
10. Who believes the death of the chased suspect in previous chapters closes the Truth School case?
(a) The commissioner.
(b) The media.
(c) The chief.
11. How is the little girl's killer dressed when he murders her?
(a) Like the President.
(b) Like a police officer.
(c) Like a teacher.
(d) In a disguise.
12. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President?
13. What is the Secret Service's code name for the President's wife?
14. To whom does Cross speak regarding the previously unheard rumor he receives regarding the school killings?
(a) The principal.
(b) The President.
(c) The FBI.
(d) His partner.
15. What is Kevin Hawkins' illegal role in the book?
(a) Insurance fraud.
(b) Drug dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills high profile celebrities in this book?
2. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
3. Who watches Cross and his son take a walk?
4. At what location does Kevin Hawkins meet his target when his character is first introduced in the book?
5. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)