|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual to see in Cross' neighborhood?
(a) A balloon.
(b) A trash can.
(c) A white face.
(d) Candy vendors.
2. Where does the suspect chased by Cross and his partner try to go when cornered?
(a) Across to another roof.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Over a large fence.
(d) Into a crowd.
3. Who positively identifies the second student victim?
(a) The principal.
(b) Cross' son.
(c) The chief.
(d) Cross himself.
4. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He is just mean.
(b) He is a drug addict.
(c) It is too early to know.
(d) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
5. Who is the first victim of Jack and Jill?
(a) Senator Daniel Fitzpatrick.
(b) A DC socialite.
(c) The elementary school principal.
(d) The President.
6. Who gives Cross a tip about the school killer that he has never heard rumor of previously?
(a) A young man he knows.
(b) A stranger.
(c) The principal.
(d) A white homeless man.
7. What White House meeting does Cross attend?
(a) The Jack and Jill Task Force.
(b) The Chief of Staff meeting.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Presidential Security Organization.
8. What words best describe Cross' feelings about the Jack and Jill murders?
(a) Whimsical and flighty.
(b) Hurried and unprofessional.
(c) Cold and calculated.
(d) Passionate and planned.
9. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
10. Where does Cross' son attend school?
(a) George Washington University.
(b) The Sojourner Truth School.
(c) Arlington Public Schools.
11. What warning do police receive from the videotaped murder?
(a) Not to look for the killers.
(b) The commissioner is the next victim.
(c) The killing will continue.
(d) They are next.
12. Who is the second Truth School student that is killed?
(a) Alex Jr.
(b) Vernon Wheatley.
(c) Wayne Vernon.
(d) Damien Cross.
13. If Jack and Jill's killing style has sexual undertones, what kind of killing style does the little girl's murderer exhibit?
14. What clue remnant does Cross find near the school crime scene after the first murder?
(a) A cotton candy bag.
(b) A balloon.
(c) A candy wrapper.
(d) An envelope with lunch money in it.
15. Who thinks the Truth School killer might be a beginner?
(d) The chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first murder victim at the school missing?
2. What, specifically, does Cross believe the Truth School killer might have?
3. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
4. Where is Natalie Sheehan killed?
5. Which media company receives a videotape depicting a murder?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)