|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, The Dragonslayer, Chapters 27-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cross learn at the White House meeting?
(a) That Jack and Jill called to tell the Secret Service about their next murder.
(b) That the school principal is the President's daughter.
(c) That the President has been killed.
(d) That the President is cheating on his wife.
2. What is the President's name?
(a) Thomas Byrnes.
(b) William J. Byrnes.
(c) George Byrnes.
(d) Abraham Thomas.
3. Which case is Cross instructed to focus on after the death of the chased suspect?
(a) The death of the little girl.
(b) The death of the chased suspect.
(c) The death of the senator.
(d) The death of an unknown woman.
4. Where is the little girl's body left after she is murdered in Chapter 1?
(a) In an old box.
(b) On the sidewalk.
(c) The location is not revealed yet.
(d) In a trash can.
5. What does the reader know in Chapter 1 about the mindset of the child killer?
(a) He had a severe mental defect at birth.
(b) He is just mean.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) It is too early to know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who foils the kidnapping attempt that occurs in a public place?
2. What does the little girl's killer say he hates in Chapter 1?
3. Who do Cross and his partner chase across a courtyard as they investigate the school killings?
4. If Jack and Jill's killing style has sexual undertones, what kind of killing style does the little girl's murderer exhibit?
5. Why is there concern when the President sneaks out of the White House?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)