Prologue, The Game Begins
• Sam Harrison watches outside the apartment of Senator Daniel Fitzpatrick.
• The senator and a beautiful woman climb out of a car and go inside the apartment.
• Sam knocks on the apartment door and is greeted by a naked woman. They refer to each other as Jack and Jill.
• Jill takes Jack to the bedroom where she has tied the senator to the bed.
• Jacks shoots the senator in the head, killing him. Jill videotapes the murder.
• On the other side of town, a girl is lured into the bushes by a stranger.
• The man hits the girl with a baseball bat, killing her.
Part One, It's Tomorrow Again, Chapters 1-14
• Alex Cross wakes only a few hours after going to sleep to the sounds of his partner, John Sampson, banging on the door.
• Sampson tells Cross that there has been a murder...
This section contains 2,875 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)