|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(b) To see relatives.
(c) To search for retail items.
(d) To discuss escape plans.
2. Whose fascist regime does Nazi Germany begin to support in 1937?
3. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
(a) Eva, his wife.
(b) Georg, his brother.
(c) Grete, his sister.
(d) Maria, his sister-in-law.
4. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
5. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) One room.
(b) Three rooms.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Two stories.
6. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
(a) It announces that the property belongs to a mixed-race couple.
(b) It announces that the property belongs to a Jew.
(c) It announces that the property is for sale.
(d) It announces that the property is under construction.
7. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
8. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(a) I Shall Bear Witness.
(d) The Eighteenth Century.
9. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) His heart condition.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) Eva's anxiety.
(d) Eva's teeth.
10. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
(d) The United States.
11. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
12. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
13. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Mediterranean.
(b) The Baltic Sea.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Aegean.
14. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
(b) All other Europeans.
(c) Any other race.
15. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
2. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
3. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
4. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
5. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)