|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
(a) Signed over to the Palestinian government.
(b) Divided among heirs.
(d) Listed in the official party newspaper.
2. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
(a) The SA.
(b) The SS.
(c) The Gestapo.
(d) The Hitler Youth.
3. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(c) General Motors.
4. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Giving them away.
(b) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(c) Selling them in yard sales.
(d) Packing them in preparation for the move.
5. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
6. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
(a) Shreds them.
(b) Takes them with him to the ghetto.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Buries them.
7. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
(a) She is placed in a nursing home.
(b) She is placed in a sanatorium.
(c) She is sent to Buchenwald and put to death.
(d) She is sent to the hospital.
8. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
9. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
(a) Georg, his brother.
(b) Maria, his sister-in-law.
(c) Eva, his wife.
(d) Grete, his sister.
10. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
(a) He wants to emigrate.
(b) He does not feel particularly German anymore.
(c) He has realized that Nazism is not going away anytime soon.
(d) He does not feel particularly Jewish anymore.
11. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
(a) It announces that the property is under construction.
(b) It announces that the property is for sale.
(c) It announces that the property belongs to a Jew.
(d) It announces that the property belongs to a mixed-race couple.
12. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
13. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To discuss escape plans.
(b) To see relatives.
(c) To search for retail items.
14. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
(a) She becomes so depressed she stops talking altogether.
(b) She switches from fits of hysteria and almost unconsiousness on a daily basis.
(c) She suffers a mental breakdown and has to be hospitalized.
(d) She falls and breaks her arm, which is soon very badly infected.
15. How many times does Georg send the Klemperers money in 1938?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of those the Nazis first occupy in 1940?
2. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
3. Some bombings are particularly devastating to Berlin and:
4. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
5. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)