Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Two stories.
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
(a) Sent to the concentration camps.
(b) Granted amnesty and given non-Jewish surnames.
(c) Sent to the ghettos.
(d) Excluded and treated as Jews.
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(b) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(c) The Dresden ghetto.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
6. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
(a) He wants to emigrate.
(b) He does not feel particularly Jewish anymore.
(c) He does not feel particularly German anymore.
(d) He has realized that Nazism is not going away anytime soon.
7. In December 1940, what are Jews ordered to begin wearing?
(a) Yellow armbands.
(b) Yellow yarmulkes.
(c) Yellow jackets.
(d) Yellow shoes.
8. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
9. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
(c) Italo-Prussian Alliance.
(d) Prusso-Italian Coalition.
10. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
(a) The south.
(b) The east.
(d) The west.
11. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) At printing companies in neutral countries.
(b) By hand.
(c) In the United States.
(d) On underground printing presses.
12. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
13. Why does Klemperer speculate and report rumor and innuendo instead of actual news?
(a) He doesn't trust the official news media.
(b) Jews aren't allowed to read the newspapers.
(c) There is a nationwide news blackout.
(d) Jews aren't allowed to listen to the radio.
14. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To discuss escape plans.
(c) To see relatives.
(d) To search for retail items.
15. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
2. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
3. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
4. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
5. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)