|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
2. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
3. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
4. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Baltic Sea.
(b) The Aegean.
(c) The Mediterranean.
(d) The North Sea.
5. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop an atomic weapon.
(b) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(c) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(d) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
6. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Stopping smoking.
(b) Giving up coffee.
(c) Stopping drinking.
(d) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
7. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
8. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(c) General Motors.
9. In December 1940, what are Jews ordered to begin wearing?
(a) Yellow shoes.
(b) Yellow yarmulkes.
(c) Yellow armbands.
(d) Yellow jackets.
10. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Selling them in yard sales.
(b) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(c) Giving them away.
(d) Packing them in preparation for the move.
11. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
12. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
13. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
(a) The American blockade.
(b) The Russian embargo.
(c) The Swedish embargo.
(d) The English blockade.
14. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
(a) The Hitler Youth.
(b) The SA.
(c) The SS.
(d) The Gestapo.
15. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
2. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
3. Bombings occur in the West, then in Berlin, and then occasionally in:
4. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
5. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)