|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
(b) The Shoah.
(c) The Catastrophe.
(d) The Night of the Long Knives.
2. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
(a) Because he is in a mixed-race marriage.
(b) Because he has no insurance.
(c) Because he is a Jew.
(d) Because he has no money.
3. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
4. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
(a) It announces that the property is under construction.
(b) It announces that the property belongs to a Jew.
(c) It announces that the property is for sale.
(d) It announces that the property belongs to a mixed-race couple.
5. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
6. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
7. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Two rooms.
(b) Two stories.
(c) One room.
(d) Three rooms.
8. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
(c) The Battle of Britain.
(d) The invasion of Normandy.
9. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
(a) The east.
(b) The west.
(c) The south.
10. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
11. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
12. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
(c) Any other race.
(d) All other Europeans.
13. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
(a) War with Russia.
(b) War with France.
(c) War with England.
(d) War with Poland.
14. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
(a) Crimes are.
(b) Profiteering is.
(c) Related viruses are.
(d) Talk is.
15. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
(b) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
2. Whose fascist regime does Nazi Germany begin to support in 1937?
3. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
4. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
5. Most of the Jews in the ghetto consider an amphibious landing in England:
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)