|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Shoah.
(b) The Kristallnacht.
(c) The Röhm Revolt.
(d) The Anschluss.
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A cellar is excavated.
(b) A vineyard is planted.
(c) A fence is built.
(d) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
3. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
(b) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(c) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(d) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
4. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(d) Complete unavailability.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
3. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
4. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
5. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)