|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
3. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Military service.
(b) Church attendance.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
4. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(b) To develop an atomic weapon.
(c) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(d) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
5. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(a) Farm coalitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
2. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
4. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
5. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)