|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(b) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(c) To develop an atomic weapon.
(d) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
2. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He emigrates immediately.
(b) He declines to emigrate.
(c) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(d) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
3. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(a) The Allies.
(b) The German national character.
4. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a convert to Christianity.
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
2. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
3. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
4. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
5. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)