|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(b) A 1934 Volvo.
(c) A 1932 Opel.
(d) A 1932 Ford.
2. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
(a) New Philadelphia.
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Armenian War.
(b) The Abyssinian War.
(c) The Balkan War.
(d) World War II.
4. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To search for retail items.
(b) To discuss escape plans.
(d) To see relatives.
5. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(b) To develop an atomic weapon.
(c) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(d) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
2. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
3. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
4. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
5. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)