|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of marriages are prohibited?
(c) Anything other than civil marriages.
2. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
3. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) Public reading rooms.
(c) Police offices.
4. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a convert to Christianity.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
5. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
(a) it is a review of eighteenth-century German history.
(b) It is a review of eighteenth-century politics.
(c) It is a review of eighteenth-century art.
(d) It is a review of eighteenth-century literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
2. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
3. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
4. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
5. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)