|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a construction trench.
(b) The collapse of a billboard.
(c) A multiple-car collision.
(d) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
2. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
3. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
4. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
5. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
(a) Grete, his sister.
(b) Eva, his wife.
(c) Georg, his brother.
(d) Maria, his sister-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
2. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
3. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
4. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
5. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)