|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
2. How many times does Georg send the Klemperers money in 1938?
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
4. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(b) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(c) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(d) To develop an atomic weapon.
5. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(b) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(c) It does not accept European Jews.
(d) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
2. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
3. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
4. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)