|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
(a) Because it is poorly written.
(b) Lack of market interest.
(c) Because he is a Jew.
(d) Because he is a Christian.
2. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
3. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
4. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
5. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A mimeograph machine.
(c) A transcription machine.
(d) A typewriter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
2. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
3. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
4. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
5. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)