|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
2. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A mimeograph machine.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A transcription machine.
3. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
(c) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(d) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
4. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
5. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are fired.
(b) They are offered buyout packages.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are asked to resign.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
2. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
3. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
4. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
5. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)