|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) His heart condition.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) Eva's teeth.
(d) Eva's anxiety.
3. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Giving up coffee.
(b) Stopping smoking.
(c) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
(d) Stopping drinking.
4. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
5. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(b) Grocery stores.
(c) Police offices.
(d) Public reading rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
2. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
3. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
4. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)