|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To see relatives.
(b) To search for retail items.
(c) To discuss escape plans.
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(d) Seventh-Day Adventists.
3. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) The Olympics.
(c) The G-20 summit.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
4. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop an atomic weapon.
(b) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(c) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(d) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
5. Which war begins in August 1936?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Spanish Civil War.
(d) The French Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
2. Whose fascist regime does Nazi Germany begin to support in 1937?
3. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
4. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
5. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)