|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A fellow author.
(b) A student.
(c) A publisher.
(d) His employer.
2. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(b) General Motors.
3. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
5. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop an atomic weapon.
(b) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(c) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(d) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
Short Answer Questions
1. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
3. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
4. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
5. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)