|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(b) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(c) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
2. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a construction trench.
(b) The collapse of a billboard.
(c) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
(d) A multiple-car collision.
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 52 and 61.
(c) 61 and 52.
(d) 50 and 60.
4. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Catholicism.
(b) Catholic; Judaism.
(c) Jew; Protestantism.
(d) Protestant; Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
2. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
3. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
4. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>?
5. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)