|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Work camps.
(b) Indoctrination classes.
(c) Church attendance.
(d) Military service.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To discuss escape plans.
(c) To search for retail items.
(d) To see relatives.
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War I.
(b) World War II.
(c) Franco-Prussian War.
(d) The German Revolution.
4. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
5. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(c) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(d) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
2. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
3. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
4. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
5. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)