|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) The Olympics.
(b) The G-20 summit.
(c) A visit from the Red Cross.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
2. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
3. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Catholic and Aryan.
(b) Jewish and Semitic.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Protestant and black.
4. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I.
(d) He is a convert to Christianity.
5. When was Victor born?
(a) October 9, 1881.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1882.
(d) July 13, 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
2. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
3. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
4. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
5. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)