|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
2. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
3. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(a) Seek high interest home loans.
(b) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
(c) Change their identities.
4. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) The Abyssinian War.
(c) The Armenian War.
(d) World War II.
5. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
2. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
3. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
5. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)