|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(c) Jewish and Semitic.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
3. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
(a) She is infirm and sickly on a nearly daily basis.
(b) She is generally healthy but occasionally falls ill.
(c) She is very healthy and never gets sick.
(d) She is confined to a wheelchair.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
(a) It requires immigrants to demonstrate considerable financial net worth.
(b) It does not accept European Jews.
(c) It requires immigrants to financially destitute themselves in order to apply for residence.
(d) It requires immigrants to convert to Islam.
5. When was Eva born?
(a) October, 9, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) October 9, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1882.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
2. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
3. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
4. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
5. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)