|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
2. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(a) <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>.
(c) <I>I Shall Bear Witness</I>.
3. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are undecided.
(b) They support them.
(c) They are neutral.
(d) They are against them.
4. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
5. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(c) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
2. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
3. What does nearly every Jew remaining in Germany, including the Klemperers, try to do in response to the rumors of ghettos?
4. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
5. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)