|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) One month.
(d) Three years.
2. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A military coup.
(b) A workers' revolution.
(c) A valid national election.
(d) A rigged national election.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A transcription machine.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A mimeograph machine.
4. When the police search the Klemperers' home in November, what besides books is taken?
(a) Victor's saber, which he carried in World War I.
(b) Victor's automobile.
(c) Eva's jewelry.
(d) Victor's musket, which he carried in World War I.
5. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He deserted.
(b) He was dishonorably discharged.
(c) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(d) He was discharged for medical reasons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
3. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)