|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1938'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. What does nearly every Jew remaining in Germany, including the Klemperers, try to do in response to the rumors of ghettos?
(a) Hide in neighbors' attics and basements.
(c) Kill themselves.
(d) Join the resistance.
3. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a convert to Christianity.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
4. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(b) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(c) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(d) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
5. When Hitler visits Italy in 1938, it becomes evident that he is Mussolini's ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
3. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
4. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
5. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)