|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
2. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(b) Selling them in yard sales.
(c) Giving them away.
(d) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Armenian War.
(c) The Balkan War.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
4. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(b) He is a convert to Christianity.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I.
5. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
2. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
3. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
4. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
5. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)