|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are offered buyout packages.
(c) They are asked to resign.
(d) They are fired.
2. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Church attendance.
(b) Military service.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A transcription machine.
(b) A mimeograph machine.
(c) A telegraph.
(d) A typewriter.
4. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(b) The Eighteenth Century.
(c) I Shall Bear Witness.
5. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
(a) War with Poland.
(b) War with France.
(c) War with England.
(d) War with Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
2. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
3. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
5. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)