|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
2. Which group does Klemperer say is the object of virulent Nazi messages in 1937?
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A transcription machine.
(c) A mimeograph machine.
(d) A telegraph.
4. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
(a) Any other race.
(d) All other Europeans.
5. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
(b) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(c) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(d) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
Short Answer Questions
1. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
2. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
3. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
4. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
5. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)