|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are asked to resign.
(b) They are offered buyout packages.
(c) They are fired.
(d) They are arrested.
2. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
(a) They are heavily censored and then returned to the university.
(b) They are heavily censored and the authors are forced into Nazi re-education classes.
(c) They are destroyed and the authors are arrested for treason.
(d) They are destroyed and the university receives no compensation.
3. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Giving them away.
(b) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(c) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(d) Selling them in yard sales.
4. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
5. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
2. When Klemperer applies to the American Consulate in Berlin, what number is he given when he is assigned to the immigrant waiting list?
3. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
4. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
5. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)