|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of marriages are prohibited?
(b) Anything other than civil marriages.
2. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are offered buyout packages.
(b) They are asked to resign.
(c) They are arrested.
(d) They are fired.
3. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The regions of the country.
(b) The names of the months.
(c) The days of the week.
(d) The names of the cities and towns.
4. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
(a) Any other race.
(b) All other Europeans.
5. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) Italy and Switzerland.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) Albania and Turkey.
(d) England and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
2. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
3. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. Why does Klemperer speculate and report rumor and innuendo instead of actual news?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)