|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) By hand.
(b) On underground printing presses.
(c) In the United States.
(d) At printing companies in neutral countries.
2. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
3. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) Half retirement pay.
(b) Full retirement pay.
(c) One-third retirement pay.
4. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(b) I Shall Bear Witness.
(d) The Eighteenth Century.
5. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(b) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(c) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(d) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
3. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
4. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
5. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)