|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are offered buyout packages.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) They are asked to resign.
(d) They are fired.
2. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
3. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
4. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
(a) Maria, his sister-in-law.
(b) Georg, his brother.
(c) Eva, his wife.
(d) Grete, his sister.
5. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(b) The Dresden ghetto.
(c) The Berlin ghetto.
(d) The Dölzchen ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
2. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
3. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
4. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
5. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)