|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Victor's relatives dies in October 1937?
(a) Eva, his wife.
(b) Maria, his sister-in-law.
(c) Georg, his brother.
(d) Grete, his sister.
2. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The city manager.
3. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
4. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
5. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) Italy and Switzerland.
(b) Albania and Turkey.
(c) France and Italy.
(d) England and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
2. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
3. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
4. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
5. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)