|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
2. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
3. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He declines to emigrate.
(b) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(c) He emigrates immediately.
(d) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
4. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He is seriously doubting it.
(c) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
5. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
2. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
3. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
4. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)