|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(a) Seventh-Day Adventists.
(d) Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(a) The Third Reich.
(d) The Führer.
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Baltic Sea.
(b) The Mediterranean.
(c) The North Sea.
(d) The Aegean.
4. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They are asked to resign.
(d) They are offered buyout packages.
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The study.
(d) The garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
2. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
3. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
4. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
5. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)