|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are arrested.
(b) They are fired.
(c) They are offered buyout packages.
(d) They are asked to resign.
2. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
(a) The historic German nation.
(b) Other European nations.
(c) The Vatican.
3. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
(a) The Hitler Youth.
(b) The SS.
(c) The SA.
(d) The Gestapo.
4. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(d) Seventh-Day Adventists.
5. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(b) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(c) The Dresden ghetto.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
2. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
3. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
4. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
5. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)