|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(c) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(d) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
2. In 1935, how are Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are still employed removed from their jobs?
(a) They are asked to resign.
(b) They are offered buyout packages.
(c) They are fired.
(d) They are arrested.
3. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
(a) The historic German nation.
(b) Other European nations.
(c) The Vatican.
4. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
(b) New Philadelphia.
5. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh-Day Adventists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
3. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
4. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
5. When Klemperer applies to the American Consulate in Berlin, what number is he given when he is assigned to the immigrant waiting list?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)