|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Balkan War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Armenian War.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
2. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Giving them away.
(b) Selling them in yard sales.
(c) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(d) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
3. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) The Dresden ghetto.
(b) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(c) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
4. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(b) The Führer.
(d) The Third Reich.
5. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
2. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)