|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) In the United States.
(b) At printing companies in neutral countries.
(c) On underground printing presses.
(d) By hand.
2. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The regions of the country.
(b) The days of the week.
(c) The names of the cities and towns.
(d) The names of the months.
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Armenian War.
(c) The Abyssinian War.
(d) The Balkan War.
4. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh-Day Adventists.
5. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(b) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(c) Selling them in yard sales.
(d) Giving them away.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
2. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
3. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
4. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)