|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a billboard.
(b) A multiple-car collision.
(c) The collapse of a construction trench.
(d) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
2. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
(a) She is sent to Buchenwald and put to death.
(b) She is placed in a sanatorium.
(c) She is sent to the hospital.
(d) She is placed in a nursing home.
3. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
(a) Prusso-Italian Coalition.
(d) Italo-Prussian Alliance.
4. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) England and France.
(b) France and Italy.
(c) Italy and Switzerland.
(d) Albania and Turkey.
5. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
2. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
3. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)