|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For most of 1937, Klemperer finds himself believing that most Germans have always been somewhat ____________.
2. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(d) A year's supply of medicine.
3. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
(a) Victor serves as an amateur mechanic.
(b) The Klemperers' neighbor, who is a mechanic, does most of the work on their car.
(c) Eva serves as an amateur mechanic.
(d) The Klemperers neglect all but the most major mechanical needs.
4. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is filled by a non-Jew.
(b) It is filled by another Jew.
(c) It remains open but is not filled.
(d) It is not filled.
5. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(d) Seventh-Day Adventists.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
3. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
4. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
5. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)