|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A mimeograph machine.
(b) A telegraph.
(c) A transcription machine.
(d) A typewriter.
2. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
3. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
(c) New Philadelphia.
4. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
(a) Italo-Prussian Alliance.
(b) Prusso-Italian Coalition.
5. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
(c) <I>The Eighteenth Century</I>.
(d) <I>I Shall Bear Witness</I>.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer expect in the wake of the assassination attempt that does not seem to materialize?
2. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
3. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
4. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
5. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)