|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
2. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The city manager.
(d) The mayor.
3. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
(a) To discuss escape plans.
(b) To see relatives.
(c) To search for retail items.
4. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
(a) The Baltic Sea.
(b) The North Sea.
(c) The Aegean.
(d) The Mediterranean.
5. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
(a) War with France.
(b) War with Russia.
(c) War with England.
(d) War with Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
3. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
4. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
5. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)