|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1939'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
2. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
3. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(b) He is seriously doubting it.
(c) He has nearly abandoned it.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
4. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Selling them in yard sales.
(b) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(c) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(d) Giving them away.
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The study.
(c) The garden.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
2. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
3. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
4. What happens to the books that the university library has to surrender to the authorities when said books are deemed to have failed censorship or not be fit for the average person?
5. Why does Klemperer speculate and report rumor and innuendo instead of actual news?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)