Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
2. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
3. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
4. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
5. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the horsemen encounter at the Sunken Cross?
2. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
3. In Chapter 16, where does the Black Knight seek lodging for the night?
4. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert claim was his plan to save Rebecca? What ruins his plan?
6. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
7. What request does King Richard make of Cedric in Chapter 42? What request does Cedric make of Ivanhoe?
8. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
9. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
10. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
Compare and contrast the characters Prince John and King Richard.
Discuss the author, Sir Walter Scott, and his canon. What genre does he usually write in? What similarities can be made between "Ivanhoe" and Scott's other work?
Discuss the Normans and the Saxons and the sub-plot surrounding these groups. Who were these groups? Why were they fighting? Are they portrayed accurately? How does their feud affect the storyline?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)