|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
2. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
3. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
4. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
2. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
3. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
4. Who wins the archery contest in Chapter 13? What position does Prince John offer the winner?
5. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
6. What happens to King Richard as he is traveling through Europe? How does this affect the leadership of England?
7. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
8. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
9. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
10. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the real historical figures of the novel. Who are the historical figures depicted in the novel? Has Scott portrayed them as they are remembered in history? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Prince John and King Richard.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of anti-semitism in "Ivanhoe." What are some examples of antisemitism in the novel? Is this an accurate portrayal of how Jewish people were regarded at this time?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)