|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
2. What type of work does Gurth do?
3. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
4. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
5. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
2. What is De Bracy's plan for marrying Lady Rowena?
3. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
4. What happens to Rebecca towards the end of the battle? Who tries to save Rebecca?
5. What role does the Black Knight play in the Battle at Torquilstone?
6. What does Bois-Guilbert say which greatly upsets Rebecca in Chapter 24?
7. How does Robin of Locksley distribute the spoils of the battle?
8. What does De Bracy tell Prince John in York?
9. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
10. What confessions do the Black Knight and Robin of Locksley make in Chapter 40?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of disguise. Who wears a disguise in the novel and why? Who chooses not to disguise himself and how does it affect his life? How does Scott depict the revealing of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the antagonist(s) of the story. Who are they? Who is the central antagonist of the story? Who are the antagonists of the sub-plot? How do these characters shape the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicts in "Ivanhoe." What causes them and how are they resolved?
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)