|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
2. Who wins the archery contest?
3. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
4. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
5. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
2. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
3. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
4. What sparks Front-de-Boeuf's momentary sympathy for Isaac in Chapter 22?
5. How do the Black Knight and Friar Tuck make merry over their feast?
6. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
7. Why does Cedric forbid Lady Rowena from appearing before the Normans?
8. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
9. Who does Prince John take seats from at the tournament?
10. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflicts in "Ivanhoe." What causes them and how are they resolved?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)