|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
2. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
3. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
4. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
5. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robin of Locksley give the Black Knight in Chapter 32?
2. Who is sent to Torquilstone posing as a priest, and what does he do to help Cedric escape?
3. Who does Cedric want to marry Rowena and why?
4. In Chapter 38, what does Rebecca ask her father to do in her letter?
5. Why is Prince John concerned to learn that the Disinherited Knight is Ivanhoe?
6. What does Front-de-Boeuf give to Cedric before he escapes?
7. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
8. What evidence is brought against Rebecca in her witchcraft trial?
9. What does Rebecca give to Rowena after her wedding? Where do Rebecca and her father go at the end of the story?
10. What tip does Urfried give Cedric before he escapes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character Locksley. What is his role in the novel? How has Scott's depiction of this character shaped the modern-day character of Robin Hood?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the real historical figures of the novel. Who are the historical figures depicted in the novel? Has Scott portrayed them as they are remembered in history? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the female leads of the story, Lady Rowena and Rebecca, as well as their relationships with Ivanhoe.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)