|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
2. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
3. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
4. Who wins the archery contest?
5. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
2. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
3. Who attacks Gurth? Why do they return Gurth's money to him?
4. Why does Rebecca return money to Gurth in Chapter 10?
5. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
6. Why do the people of England prefer King Richard over Prince John?
7. Why does Isaac the Jew feel confident in his attempts to acquire better seats at the tournament?
8. Who attacks the Saxons in the forest? Who intends to come to the aid of the Saxons?
9. When Bois-Guilbert boasts of the Knights Templar's superiority, what does the Palmer talk about?
10. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand of Isaac, and with what torture does he threaten Isaac?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts in "Ivanhoe." What causes them and how are they resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Prince John and King Richard.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the historical inaccuracies in the novel "Ivanhoe." Were these inaccuracies deliberate? If so, why might Scott have chosen to depict the story in a way that is not historically accurate?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)