|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
2. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
3. Who does Front-de-Boeuf claim to have believed Rebecca was?
4. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
5. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how does Cedric show his displeasure with his son? Why is Cedric displeased with his son?
2. What does the Palmer warn Isaac of Kent about? Where does the Palmer take Isaac?
3. What does De Bracy tell Rowena to convince her to marry him?
4. Who attacks the Disinherited Knight at the second day of the tournament? Who assists the Disinherited Knight?
5. Where are Cedric and Athelstane imprisoned in Torquilstone? What do they think about while being held captive in Chapter 21?
6. How does Isaac of Kent repay the Palmer's kindness in Chapter 6?
7. Who are Gurth and Wamba, and what do they discuss when introduced to the story?
8. What task is granted to the winner of the day's tournament?
9. What is the Disinherited Knight offered for his win in the tournament? What does he accept?
10. Describe the mysterious knight who enters into the tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the love triangles in the story. Who is involved in a love triangle? What conflicts arise as a result of these love triangles? How do these love triangles resolve?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Ivanhoe." What genre is this novel? What are the elements of this genre? Why is "Ivanhoe" an example of this genre?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters Prince John and King Richard.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)