|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(b) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(c) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(d) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
2. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A bottle of ale.
(b) A pastry.
(c) An apple.
(d) A piece of venison.
3. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(a) Helping outlaws.
(b) Deer hunting.
(c) Tax evasion.
4. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
(b) Prince John falls ill.
(c) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(d) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
5. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) Isaac's land.
(b) One thousand silver pounds.
(c) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(d) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
6. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Sends a rescue party.
(b) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(c) Declares war.
(d) Usurps the throne.
7. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
8. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Millicent.
(b) Lady Ulrica.
(c) Lady Rowena.
(d) Lady Rebecca.
9. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Prince John's councellor.
(b) Prince John's archer.
(c) Price John's nephew.
(d) Prince John's knight.
10. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
11. Who is Rowena in love with?
12. What do the defeated knights NOT offer the Disinherited Knight after the tournament?
13. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(c) King Richard.
14. Who did Prince John bestow the honors owed to Ivanhoe on?
(c) De Bracy.
15. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Bloodthirsty.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The Ambitious.
(d) The Lion-Hearted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
2. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
3. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
4. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
5. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)