|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(b) We In Our Wandering.
(c) Some Are Gaming.
(d) The Barefooted Friar.
2. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) The Disinherited Knight.
(d) The Black Knight.
3. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
(a) Lady Rose.
(b) Lady Arabella.
(c) Lady Rebecca.
(d) Lady Rowena.
4. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(b) His guardsmen.
(c) His Muslim slaves.
(d) De Bracy.
5. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(b) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(c) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(d) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
6. What is Cedric's son named?
7. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(a) The Spanish Coast.
(b) The Holy Land.
8. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Sir Walter Scott.
(c) D.H. Lawrence.
(d) Daniel Defoe.
9. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To visit the chapel.
(b) To see the castle's healer.
(c) To the kitchen for drinks.
(d) To travel with the Normans.
10. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A monk.
(b) A yeoman.
(c) A woman.
(d) A minstrel.
11. Who has Isaac been deserted by in Chapter 19?
(a) His bodyguards.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His business partners.
(d) His scullions.
12. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
(a) De Bracy.
13. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(b) Athelstane's daughter.
(c) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
(d) Prince John's fiancee.
14. Who does the mysterious knight challenge to mortal combat?
(a) Brian de Bois-Guilbert.
(c) Prince John.
15. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Lady Rowena faints.
(b) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
(c) Ivanhoe faints.
(d) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
2. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
3. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
4. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
5. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)