|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
2. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
(a) Ivanhoe joined King Richard's court against Cedric's wishes.
(b) Ivanhoe renounced his Saxon heritage.
(c) Ivanhoe stole some of Cedric's money.
(d) Ivanhoe refused to marry Rowena.
3. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
4. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) Two thousand crowns.
(b) One thousand crowns.
(c) Five hundred crowns.
(d) Five thousand crowns.
5. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(c) De Bracy.
6. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
7. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A wrestling contest.
(b) A foot race.
(c) A sheep herding contest.
(d) An archery contest.
8. Who has Isaac been deserted by in Chapter 19?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His scullions.
(c) His business partners.
(d) His bodyguards.
9. How does Front-de-Boeuf threaten to torture Isaac?
(a) By piercing his skin with needles.
(b) By burying him alive.
(c) By hanging him out the tower window.
(d) By placing him on iron bars over a fire.
10. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
(a) One hundred zecchins.
(b) Eight zecchins.
(c) One thousand zecchins.
(d) Twenty zecchins.
11. What does the mysterious knight refuse to do until he is given his prize?
(a) Raise his visor.
(b) Bow to the prince.
(c) Dismount his horse.
(d) Battle again.
12. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A monk.
(d) A palmer.
13. Who does Front-de-Boeuf claim to have believed Rebecca was?
(a) Isaac's concubine.
(b) Isaac's servant.
(c) Isaac's niece.
(d) Isaac's sister.
14. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
15. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(a) Prince John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
2. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
3. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
4. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
5. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)