|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(b) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(c) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(d) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
2. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(a) De Bracy.
(b) His guardsmen.
(c) His Muslim slaves.
3. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
(a) A broken bridge.
(b) Toquilstone castle.
(c) The Sunken Cross.
4. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(b) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(c) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(d) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
5. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
6. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Ivanhoe faints.
(b) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
(c) Lady Rowena faints.
(d) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
7. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Millicent.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) Lady Ulrica.
(d) Lady Rebecca.
8. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
(b) The Saxon decor.
(c) That the castle is cold and damp.
(d) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
9. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
10. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
11. Why do the robbers return the money to the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
(a) Because the messenger earnestly begs for it.
(b) Because the Disinherited Knight defeated the robbers' enemies.
(c) Because the Disinherited Knight appears to challenge the robbers.
(d) Because the robbers discover the Disinherited Knight is their leader.
12. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
(a) Prince John.
(c) Robin of Locksley.
13. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
(a) Prince John.
14. Who is Rowena in love with?
15. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
(a) Lady Arabella.
(b) Lady Rebecca.
(c) Lady Rowena.
(d) Lady Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Isaac's cousin?
2. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
3. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
4. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
5. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)