|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A sheep herding contest.
(b) A wrestling contest.
(c) A foot race.
(d) An archery contest.
2. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(b) Prince John.
3. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Bloodthirsty.
(b) The Lion-Hearted.
(c) The Black King.
(d) The Ambitious.
4. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
(a) For God.
5. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
(d) De Bracy.
6. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(a) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(c) Lucas Beaumanoir.
(d) Robin of Locksley.
7. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(a) Helping outlaws.
(b) Deer hunting.
(c) Tax evasion.
8. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
(a) Fitzurse's visit.
(b) Bois-Guilbert's visit.
(c) Malvoisin's visit.
(d) Front-de-Boeuf's visit.
9. What type of work does Gurth do?
10. Who has Isaac been deserted by in Chapter 19?
(a) His bodyguards.
(b) His business partners.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His scullions.
11. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That the castle is cold and damp.
(b) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
(c) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
(d) The Saxon decor.
12. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(b) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(c) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(d) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
13. Why do the robbers return the money to the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
(a) Because the messenger earnestly begs for it.
(b) Because the Disinherited Knight defeated the robbers' enemies.
(c) Because the Disinherited Knight appears to challenge the robbers.
(d) Because the robbers discover the Disinherited Knight is their leader.
14. Who manages to escape from the attack on the Saxons in the forest?
15. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) D.H. Lawrence.
(b) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) Sir Walter Scott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes tension between the Saxons and Normans at Prince John's banquet?
2. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
3. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
4. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
5. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)