|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
(a) Follows Cedric the Saxon.
(b) Returns the Disinherited Knight's money.
(c) Visits a Christian church.
(d) Makes a deal with Bois-Guilbert.
2. What does Friar Tuck say about his food?
(a) It is blessed by the saints.
(b) It is tasteless.
(c) It is provided by the townspeople.
(d) It is nutritious.
3. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(b) The Barefooted Friar.
(c) We In Our Wandering.
(d) Some Are Gaming.
4. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A foot race.
(b) An archery contest.
(c) A wrestling contest.
(d) A sheep herding contest.
5. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(b) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(d) A chapel.
6. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
(c) De Bracy.
7. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(a) Lucas Beaumanoir.
(b) Robin of Locksley.
(c) Waldemar Fitzurse.
8. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(b) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(c) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(d) To treat the palmer for his illness.
9. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
10. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
(a) Lady Rose.
(b) Lady Arabella.
(c) Lady Rebecca.
(d) Lady Rowena.
11. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
12. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A palmer.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A monk.
13. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That he be allowed to leave England.
(b) That King Richard's life is spared.
(c) That the Saxons be freed.
(d) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
14. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
(a) That he will not harm Ivanhoe.
(b) That he will become a powerful man.
(c) That the Saxons will no longer face prejudice.
(d) That Rebecca will not die.
15. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(c) Prince John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
2. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
3. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
4. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
5. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)