|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
(b) The Sunken Cross.
(c) Toquilstone castle.
(d) A broken bridge.
2. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(b) De Bracy.
3. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
4. What activity are Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx and Brian de Bois-Guilbert traveling to?
(a) A trial.
(b) A tournament.
(c) A battle.
(d) A conference.
5. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(b) Some armor.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A money chest.
6. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Use it to pay a ransom.
(b) Give it to the poor.
(c) Buy alcohol.
(d) Give it to Prince John.
7. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
(a) By being late for dinner.
(b) By wearing an old dress.
(c) By speaking to a stranger.
(d) By not hiding her face with a veil.
8. What does Isaac beg of Front-de-Boeuf in distress?
(a) To save him.
(b) To marry Rebecca.
(c) To kill him.
9. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
10. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His ward.
(b) His seat.
(c) His hat.
(d) His land.
11. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
(a) Prince John.
12. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Deer hunting.
(d) Helping outlaws.
13. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
14. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(a) Prince John.
(c) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
15. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Sir Walter Scott.
(b) D.H. Lawrence.
(c) Daniel Defoe.
(d) Arthur Conan Doyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
2. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
3. What is King Richard known as?
4. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
5. What causes tension between the Saxons and Normans at Prince John's banquet?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)