|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Prince John bestow the honors owed to Ivanhoe on?
(a) De Bracy.
2. What is the name of Cedric's estate?
3. What activity are Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx and Brian de Bois-Guilbert traveling to?
(a) A trial.
(b) A battle.
(c) A tournament.
(d) A conference.
4. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(b) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(c) Sherwood Forest.
(d) A chapel.
5. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) The champion knight.
(b) Prince John.
(c) The loser of the tournament.
(d) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
6. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Sends a rescue party.
(d) Usurps the throne.
7. Who manages to escape from the attack on the Saxons in the forest?
8. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That the castle is cold and damp.
(b) The Saxon decor.
(c) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
(d) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
9. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That King Richard's life is spared.
(b) That the Saxons be freed.
(c) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
(d) That he be allowed to leave England.
10. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To visit the chapel.
(b) To see the castle's healer.
(c) To the kitchen for drinks.
(d) To travel with the Normans.
11. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) The Disinherited Knight.
(c) The Black Knight.
12. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
(a) Visits a Christian church.
(b) Follows Cedric the Saxon.
(c) Returns the Disinherited Knight's money.
(d) Makes a deal with Bois-Guilbert.
13. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Use it to pay a ransom.
(b) Buy alcohol.
(c) Give it to the poor.
(d) Give it to Prince John.
14. Who has Isaac been deserted by in Chapter 19?
(a) His business partners.
(b) His bodyguards.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His scullions.
15. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Prince John's knight.
(b) Price John's nephew.
(c) Prince John's councellor.
(d) Prince John's archer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
2. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
3. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
4. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
5. Who does Front-de-Boeuf claim to have believed Rebecca was?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)