|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(b) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(c) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(d) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
2. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
3. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To the kitchen for drinks.
(b) To see the castle's healer.
(c) To visit the chapel.
(d) To travel with the Normans.
4. Who does Front-de-Boeuf claim to have believed Rebecca was?
(a) Isaac's concubine.
(b) Isaac's servant.
(c) Isaac's niece.
(d) Isaac's sister.
5. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Rebecca.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) Lady Millicent.
(d) Lady Ulrica.
6. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(a) His Muslim slaves.
(c) His guardsmen.
(d) De Bracy.
7. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) Some Are Gaming.
(b) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
(c) We In Our Wandering.
(d) The Barefooted Friar.
8. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(b) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
(c) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(d) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
9. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) The champion knight.
(b) Prince John.
(c) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
(d) The loser of the tournament.
10. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A yeoman.
(b) A woman.
(c) A monk.
(d) A minstrel.
11. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
12. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A peddler.
(b) A monk.
(c) A palmer.
(d) A minstrel.
13. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The lute.
(b) The pipe.
(c) The cornet.
(d) The harp.
14. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
15. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(a) Sherwood Forest.
(c) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(d) A chapel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
2. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
3. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
4. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
5. Who is Rowena in love with?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)