|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
(a) At the Templar Knight's headquarters.
(b) In York.
(c) At a chapel.
(d) At a monastery.
2. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Lady Rowena faints.
(b) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
(c) Ivanhoe faints.
(d) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
3. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A piece of venison.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A bottle of ale.
4. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
(a) Toquilstone castle.
(b) A broken bridge.
(d) The Sunken Cross.
5. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A palmer.
6. What does Isaac beg of Front-de-Boeuf in distress?
(a) To marry Rebecca.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To save him.
7. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) Some Are Gaming.
(b) We In Our Wandering.
(c) The Barefooted Friar.
(d) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
8. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Disinherited Knight.
(b) Robin Hood.
(d) The Black Knight.
9. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A monk.
(d) A yeoman.
10. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
(a) That he be given extra bread.
(b) That he not speak to the Normans.
(c) That he pay for the privilege of staying at the castle.
(d) That he sit at a separate table.
11. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
(a) That the castle is cold and damp.
(b) That Cedric allows Isaac of York in.
(c) The Saxon decor.
(d) That Cedric does not present them with gifts.
12. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(a) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(c) A chapel.
(d) Sherwood Forest.
13. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
(a) Lady Rose.
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) Lady Arabella.
(d) Lady Rebecca.
14. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
(b) De Bracy.
15. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Palmer take Isaac the Jew?
2. Who wins the archery contest?
3. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
4. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
5. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)