|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Bloodthirsty.
(b) The Black King.
(c) The Ambitious.
(d) The Lion-Hearted.
2. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
(a) De Bracy.
3. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Disinherited Knight.
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) The Black Knight.
4. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(b) Helping outlaws.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Deer hunting.
5. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Sends a rescue party.
(b) Usurps the throne.
(c) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(d) Declares war.
6. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(b) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(c) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(d) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
7. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The lute.
(c) The pipe.
(d) The cornet.
8. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
(a) That Rebecca will not die.
(b) That the Saxons will no longer face prejudice.
(c) That he will not harm Ivanhoe.
(d) That he will become a powerful man.
9. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(b) Prince John falls ill.
(c) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
(d) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
10. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To the kitchen for drinks.
(b) To visit the chapel.
(c) To travel with the Normans.
(d) To see the castle's healer.
11. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
(b) One thousand silver pounds.
(c) Isaac's land.
(d) That Isaac kill Cedric.
12. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Use it to pay a ransom.
(b) Buy alcohol.
(c) Give it to the poor.
(d) Give it to Prince John.
13. What causes tension between the Saxons and Normans at Prince John's banquet?
(a) Differing manner of dress.
(b) Table etiquette.
(c) A language barrier.
(d) Prince John's boasting about the superior Normans.
14. What activity are Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx and Brian de Bois-Guilbert traveling to?
(a) A battle.
(b) A tournament.
(c) A conference.
(d) A trial.
15. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(a) The Holy Land.
(c) The Spanish Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
2. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
3. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
4. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
5. What is the name of Cedric's estate?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)