|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(b) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(c) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(d) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
2. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(d) Prince John.
3. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
(a) At a chapel.
(b) At a monastery.
(c) In York.
(d) At the Templar Knight's headquarters.
4. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Declares war.
(b) Sends a rescue party.
(c) Usurps the throne.
(d) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
5. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A pastry.
(b) An apple.
(c) A bottle of ale.
(d) A piece of venison.
6. Who did Prince John bestow the honors owed to Ivanhoe on?
(c) De Bracy.
7. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His seat.
(b) His land.
(c) His ward.
(d) His hat.
8. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) Five thousand crowns.
(c) Two thousand crowns.
(d) Five hundred crowns.
9. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
10. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) A peddler.
(c) A minstrel.
(d) A palmer.
11. Who does the Disinherited Knight send money to?
(d) Prince John.
12. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
13. Who manages to escape from the attack on the Saxons in the forest?
14. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(b) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(c) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(d) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
15. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
2. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
3. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
4. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)