|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A monk.
(d) A yeoman.
2. Who is Rowena in love with?
3. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Give it to Prince John.
(b) Use it to pay a ransom.
(c) Buy alcohol.
(d) Give it to the poor.
4. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(b) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(c) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(d) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
5. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
(a) At a monastery.
(b) At the Templar Knight's headquarters.
(c) At a chapel.
(d) In York.
6. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
(a) Ivanhoe joined King Richard's court against Cedric's wishes.
(b) Ivanhoe renounced his Saxon heritage.
(c) Ivanhoe refused to marry Rowena.
(d) Ivanhoe stole some of Cedric's money.
7. How many men attack the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
8. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Black Knight.
(c) Robin Hood.
(d) Lady Rowena.
9. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(a) Prince John.
10. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Price John's nephew.
(b) Prince John's archer.
(c) Prince John's knight.
(d) Prince John's councellor.
11. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) In an apartment.
(c) In the dungeon.
(d) In the tower.
12. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
(a) That he will become a powerful man.
(b) That Rebecca will not die.
(c) That he will not harm Ivanhoe.
(d) That the Saxons will no longer face prejudice.
13. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(b) His Muslim slaves.
(c) De Bracy.
(d) His guardsmen.
14. What does Bois-Guilbert intend to keep as his prize from the attack on the Saxons?
(a) Some armor.
(c) A money chest.
(d) A carriage.
15. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(b) Helping outlaws.
(c) Tax evasion.
(d) Deer hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
2. What do Cedric's Norman guests complain about?
3. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
4. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
5. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)