|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the mysterious knight challenge to mortal combat?
(a) Prince John.
(b) Brian de Bois-Guilbert.
2. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
(a) Ivanhoe stole some of Cedric's money.
(b) Ivanhoe joined King Richard's court against Cedric's wishes.
(c) Ivanhoe refused to marry Rowena.
(d) Ivanhoe renounced his Saxon heritage.
3. What is the name of Cedric's ward?
(a) Lady Rebecca.
(b) Lady Arabella.
(c) Lady Rose.
(d) Lady Rowena.
4. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Usurps the throne.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(d) Sends a rescue party.
5. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A foot race.
(b) A sheep herding contest.
(c) A wrestling contest.
(d) An archery contest.
6. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
7. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A monk.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A peddler.
(d) A palmer.
8. What does De Bracy promise Rowena should she marry him?
(a) That the Saxons will no longer face prejudice.
(b) That he will not harm Ivanhoe.
(c) That Rebecca will not die.
(d) That he will become a powerful man.
9. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Disinherited Knight.
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) The Black Knight.
10. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(a) Prince John.
(d) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
11. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Lion-Hearted.
(c) The Ambitious.
(d) The Bloodthirsty.
12. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Price John's nephew.
(b) Prince John's knight.
(c) Prince John's councellor.
(d) Prince John's archer.
13. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(b) Prince John's fiancee.
(c) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
(d) Athelstane's daughter.
14. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
(b) Lady Rowena.
(c) De Bracy.
(d) The Palmer.
15. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
(a) De Bracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
2. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
3. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
4. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
5. What is the name of Front-de-Boeuf's castle?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)