|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
(b) Prince John.
(c) The champion knight.
(d) The loser of the tournament.
2. Why is Cedric displeased with Ivanhoe?
(a) Ivanhoe stole some of Cedric's money.
(b) Ivanhoe joined King Richard's court against Cedric's wishes.
(c) Ivanhoe refused to marry Rowena.
(d) Ivanhoe renounced his Saxon heritage.
3. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(a) Prince John.
(d) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
4. What is King Richard known as?
(a) The Black King.
(b) The Bloodthirsty.
(c) The Ambitious.
(d) The Lion-Hearted.
5. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) Five thousand crowns.
(b) One thousand crowns.
(c) Five hundred crowns.
(d) Two thousand crowns.
6. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
(a) A bugle call.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) Yelling outside.
7. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(a) Tax evasion.
(b) Deer hunting.
(d) Helping outlaws.
8. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
9. What does the mysterious knight refuse to do until he is given his prize?
(a) Bow to the prince.
(b) Raise his visor.
(c) Battle again.
(d) Dismount his horse.
10. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
(a) Eight zecchins.
(b) One thousand zecchins.
(c) Twenty zecchins.
(d) One hundred zecchins.
11. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
(a) Malvoisin's visit.
(b) Bois-Guilbert's visit.
(c) Fitzurse's visit.
(d) Front-de-Boeuf's visit.
12. What instrument does the Black Knight play?
(a) The pipe.
(b) The lute.
(c) The harp.
(d) The cornet.
13. What is De Bracy dressed as when Fitzurse runs into him in Chapter 15?
(a) A woman.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A monk.
(d) A yeoman.
14. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(b) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(c) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(d) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
15. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
(a) By wearing an old dress.
(b) By speaking to a stranger.
(c) By being late for dinner.
(d) By not hiding her face with a veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
2. Who wins the archery contest?
3. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
4. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
5. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)