|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the robbers return the money to the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
(a) Because the Disinherited Knight appears to challenge the robbers.
(b) Because the Disinherited Knight defeated the robbers' enemies.
(c) Because the messenger earnestly begs for it.
(d) Because the robbers discover the Disinherited Knight is their leader.
2. Who is Rebecca?
(a) Athelstane's daughter.
(b) Prince John's fiancee.
(c) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
(d) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
3. Which woman is chosen to preside over the next day's tournament?
(a) Lady Rowena.
(b) Lady Ulrica.
(c) Lady Millicent.
(d) Lady Rebecca.
4. What does Isaac beg of Front-de-Boeuf in distress?
(b) To save him.
(c) To kill him.
(d) To marry Rebecca.
5. Who is the Disinherited Knight's messenger?
6. Who does Cedric hope to marry Rowena to?
(a) Robin of Locksley.
(b) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(d) Lucas Beaumanoir.
7. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(b) The Spanish Coast.
(c) The Holy Land.
8. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(b) Prince John.
(c) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
9. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
10. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
(a) Arthur Conan Doyle.
(b) Daniel Defoe.
(c) Sir Walter Scott.
(d) D.H. Lawrence.
11. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) Isaac's land.
(b) One thousand silver pounds.
(c) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(d) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
12. Where does the Black Knight attempt to find lodging?
(a) In York.
(b) At the Templar Knight's headquarters.
(c) At a chapel.
(d) At a monastery.
13. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(d) Prince John.
14. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
(a) Twenty zecchins.
(b) One thousand zecchins.
(c) Eight zecchins.
(d) One hundred zecchins.
15. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) Five thousand crowns.
(b) One thousand crowns.
(c) Two thousand crowns.
(d) Five hundred crowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
2. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
3. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
4. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
5. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)