Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
(a) To travel with the Normans.
(b) To see the castle's healer.
(c) To visit the chapel.
(d) To the kitchen for drinks.
2. How much money does Prince John want to collect from Isaac?
(a) One thousand crowns.
(b) Five thousand crowns.
(c) Two thousand crowns.
(d) Five hundred crowns.
3. What does Cedric insist when Isaac of York comes in?
(a) That he sit at a separate table.
(b) That he not speak to the Normans.
(c) That he be given extra bread.
(d) That he pay for the privilege of staying at the castle.
4. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
(d) De Bracy.
5. What language is the word on the mysterious knight's shield written in?
6. How does Rowena displease Cedric in Chapter 3?
(a) By not hiding her face with a veil.
(b) By being late for dinner.
(c) By speaking to a stranger.
(d) By wearing an old dress.
7. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
(d) Prince John.
8. Who assists the Disinherited Knight when he is ambushed on the second day of the tournament?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) The Black Knight.
(d) Lady Rowena.
9. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
(b) The champion knight.
(c) Prince John.
(d) The loser of the tournament.
10. Who does Prince John worry the mysterious knight is?
(a) King Richard.
(c) Waldemar Fitzurse.
(d) Robin Hood.
11. Who does the Palmer say Bois-Guilbert has ordered to rob Isaac the Jew?
(b) De Bracy.
(c) His Muslim slaves.
(d) His guardsmen.
12. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(b) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
(c) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(d) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
13. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
(a) Lady Rowena.
(c) The Palmer.
(d) De Bracy.
14. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A wrestling contest.
(b) A sheep herding contest.
(c) An archery contest.
(d) A foot race.
15. Who is Rowena in love with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Isaac imprisoned at the castle?
2. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
3. Who does Prince John promise Lady Rowena to?
4. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
5. Who is the author of Ivanhoe?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)