|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(a) The Holy Land.
(b) The Spanish Coast.
2. What does Prince John take from Cedric?
(a) His ward.
(b) His hat.
(c) His seat.
(d) His land.
3. What does Prince John do when King Richard is captured in Europe?
(a) Searches for someone to take over the throne.
(b) Sends a rescue party.
(c) Declares war.
(d) Usurps the throne.
4. What activity are Prior Aymer of Jorvaulx and Brian de Bois-Guilbert traveling to?
(a) A battle.
(b) A trial.
(c) A conference.
(d) A tournament.
5. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That he be allowed to leave England.
(b) That King Richard's life is spared.
(c) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
(d) That the Saxons be freed.
6. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
7. Who does the Disinherited Knight refuse to accept a reward from?
(c) De Bracy.
8. What does Rebecca do in secret after the tournament?
(a) Follows Cedric the Saxon.
(b) Visits a Christian church.
(c) Returns the Disinherited Knight's money.
(d) Makes a deal with Bois-Guilbert.
9. How does Front-de-Boeuf threaten to torture Isaac?
(a) By placing him on iron bars over a fire.
(b) By burying him alive.
(c) By piercing his skin with needles.
(d) By hanging him out the tower window.
10. What does the Disinherited Knight accept as a reward after the tournament?
(a) Eight zecchins.
(b) One thousand zecchins.
(c) One hundred zecchins.
(d) Twenty zecchins.
11. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
(a) The loser of the tournament.
(b) Prince John.
(c) The previous tournament's Sovereign of Love and Beauty.
(d) The champion knight.
12. Who manages to escape from the attack on the Saxons in the forest?
13. Who wins the archery contest?
(a) Robin of Locksley.
(c) The Black Knight.
14. Who directs the horsemen to the location where they want to go in Chapter 2?
(a) A palmer.
(b) A minstrel.
(c) A monk.
(d) A peddler.
15. Where do the horsemen follow Wamba's directions to?
(b) A broken bridge.
(c) Toquilstone castle.
(d) The Sunken Cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
2. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
3. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
4. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
5. Who is trying to secure a loan from the Jews of York?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)