|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Isaac's cousin?
2. Who is the keeper of the forest that Friar Tuck referred to?
(b) Prince John.
(c) Robin of Locksley.
3. What song does Friar Tuck sing?
(a) Some Are Gaming.
(b) The Barefooted Friar.
(c) We In Our Wandering.
(d) I, A Wandering Scholar Lad.
4. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
(a) Investigate the Black Knight.
(b) Go looking for King Richard.
(c) Kidnap Lady Rowena.
(d) Set the castle on fire.
5. Where place is King Richard returning from in Chapter 1?
(a) The Holy Land.
(d) The Spanish Coast.
6. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
(b) Prince John falls ill.
(c) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(d) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
7. Who accompanies Front-de-Boeuf to talk to Isaac in Chapter 22?
(a) Front-de-Boeuf's slaves.
(d) Prince John.
8. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) An apple.
(b) A piece of venison.
(c) A pastry.
(d) A bottle of ale.
9. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
(b) That he be allowed to leave England.
(c) That King Richard's life is spared.
(d) That the Saxons be freed.
10. What does the mysterious knight refuse to do until he is given his prize?
(a) Raise his visor.
(b) Dismount his horse.
(c) Bow to the prince.
(d) Battle again.
11. What type of work does Gurth do?
12. Who wins the archery contest?
(a) The Black Knight.
(b) Robin of Locksley.
13. Who manages to escape from the attack on the Saxons in the forest?
14. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
(c) For God.
15. What do the robbers intend to do with the money they steal?
(a) Give it to the poor.
(b) Give it to Prince John.
(c) Use it to pay a ransom.
(d) Buy alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Prince John bestow the honors owed to Ivanhoe on?
2. Who is Rowena in love with?
3. Who attacks Cedric's party in the woods?
4. Where is the Palmer invited to go?
5. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)