|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is held immediately after the tournament is canceled?
(a) A wrestling contest.
(b) A foot race.
(c) An archery contest.
(d) A sheep herding contest.
2. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A bottle of ale.
(b) A piece of venison.
(c) An apple.
(d) A pastry.
3. Who is victorious at the second day of the tournament?
(a) The Black Knight.
(b) Robin Hood.
(c) The Disinherited Knight.
4. What does Isaac ask his cousin for?
(a) To pay the palmer for his kindness.
(b) To treat the palmer for his illness.
(c) To loan the palmer a horse and armor.
(d) To take the palmer to St. Botoph.
5. What does Front-de-Boeuf demand from Isaac?
(a) Isaac's land.
(b) That Isaac kill Cedric.
(c) One thousand silver pounds.
(d) Rebecca's hand in marriage.
6. What illegal activity does the Black Knight suspect the monk of participating in?
(a) Deer hunting.
(b) Helping outlaws.
(d) Tax evasion.
7. Who does the mysterious knight challenge to mortal combat?
(a) Brian de Bois-Guilbert.
(c) Prince John.
8. What language becomes the official language of England as a result of Norman royalty?
9. What sound interrupts De Bracy's conversation with Rowena?
(a) A bugle call.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) Yelling outside.
10. What color horse does the mysterious knight ride?
11. Who is Rebecca?
(a) The nurse who cares for Ivanhoe.
(b) Prince John's fiancee.
(c) Isaac the Jew's daughter.
(d) Athelstane's daughter.
12. Who is De Bracy?
(a) Prince John's knight.
(b) Prince John's archer.
(c) Price John's nephew.
(d) Prince John's councellor.
13. Where does Isaac's cousin live?
14. What happens after Ivanhoe reveals his identity?
(a) Ivanhoe faints.
(b) Lady Rowena faints.
(c) Prince John has Ivanhoe arrested.
(d) The Black Knight attacks Ivanhoe.
15. What location do the horsemen in Chapter 2 ask for directions to?
(a) A chapel.
(c) Cedric the Saxon's house.
(d) Sherwood Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Prince John ask to toast a worthy Norman?
2. What is the name of Cedric's estate?
3. Who chooses which woman will be named Sovereign of Love and Beauty?
4. What does Fitzurse learn that De Bracy is planning to do in Chapter 15?
5. What job does Prince John offer the archery contest winner?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)