|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section XIII, Chapters 38 through 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Prince John cancel the third day of the tournament?
(a) Prince John finds the tournament boring.
(b) Prince John fears a Saxon will win again.
(c) Prince John falls ill.
(d) Prince John learns King Richard is free.
2. Why is Gurth upset with Cedric?
(a) Cedric disinherited Ivanhoe.
(b) Cedric locked Gurth up for two months.
(c) Cedric did not approve of Gurth's marriage.
(d) Cedric injured Gurth's dog.
3. What item left behind by the keeper of the forest does Friar Tuck offer the Black Knight?
(a) A bottle of ale.
(b) A piece of venison.
(c) A pastry.
(d) An apple.
4. When Locksley divides the spoils of the battle, who is first given a portion?
(a) Prince John.
(c) The church.
(d) The outlaws.
5. What does Isaac ask for in return for meeting Front-de-Boeuf's demands?
(a) That he be allowed to leave England.
(b) That King Richard's life is spared.
(c) That Front-de-Boeuf provide Rebecca with medicine.
(d) That the Saxons be freed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shield of the mysterious knight say?
2. Who is assigned to be champion of the Templars in Chapter 38?
3. Whose visit does Gurth worry about in Chapter 1?
4. How many days is Rebecca given to find a champion?
5. What does Isaac beg of Front-de-Boeuf in distress?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)