|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belly notice about most of the people at the last beach house party?
2. Who does Belly call when she gets upset at the beach house?
3. What does Belly use as her excuse to stay another day away from home when she is retrieving Conrad?
4. What does Jeremiah say is easy about Belly?
5. What does Mr. Fisher say Conrad has to do to keep the house from being sold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeremiah say to Belly on the beach after her fight with her mother?
2. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
3. What caused Jeremiah to first realize how fun Belly is to be around?
4. What happened when the kids tried to use Mr. Fisher's appliance?
5. What did Belly write about in the old journal she finds at the house?
6. What shocks Belly when Sandy comes to the beach house?
7. What does Jeremiah say would have made his grief easier to bear, and why?
8. What does Belly's mother apologize for after her fight with Belly?
9. What happened when Jeremiah pinned Conrad during a wrestling match?
10. What does Belly say made the beach house a trouble free zone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How did Conrad change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of relationship did Susannah have with her husband, and how did this affect the overall tone of the plot?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)