|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Belly lie about going to the beach house to find Conrad?
2. What fact does Belly learn about Jeremiah during Truth or Dare?
3. How long does Belly swim while at the beach house to retrieve Conrad?
4. Who bought Belly a telescope?
5. What insult does Taylor have for Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Belly so anxious for Conrad to get back on track?
2. What do Belly and her mother fight about the morning after the beach house party?
3. What favor does Conrad ask of Belly after Sandy leaves the beach house?
4. What happened when the kids tried to use Mr. Fisher's appliance?
5. How is Belly's lie about staying with Taylor discovered?
6. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
7. What is Belly's big wish during the last party at the beach house?
8. How does Belly make sure Conrad will be successful while studying?
9. What is so haunting to Belly about her parents' divorce?
10. What does Belly's mother apologize for after her fight with Belly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How did Belly's relationship with Jeremiah change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does Belly prove herself a good friend in this book, and who is most influenced by her friendship?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)