|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belly describe how her parents acted the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
2. Why was Belly not surprised when Taylor's parents got divorced?
3. Who bought Belly a telescope?
4. What makes Belly sad about the party Jeremiah throws at the beach house when his father leaves?
5. What does Belly promise to do when her mother lets her stay at the house one more night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Belly when Sandy comes to the beach house?
2. How is Belly's lie about staying with Taylor discovered?
3. How does Belly feel when Mr. Fisher talks to her at the beach house?
4. What happened when Jeremiah pinned Conrad during a wrestling match?
5. What does Laurel say to get Mr. Fisher to not sell the house?
6. What is ironic about Belly threatening to wear Taylor's platform sandals?
7. What does Belly say made the beach house a trouble free zone?
8. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
9. What happened when the kids tried to use Mr. Fisher's appliance?
10. What does Jeremiah say would have made his grief easier to bear, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the beach house so important to Belly, and how did she show how important the beach house was to her in her life?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)