|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sandy's occupation?
2. What sport did Conrad try for a while?
3. Which popsicles were Conrad's favorite?
4. What did Susannah like to eat when she was in charge?
5. What does Jeremiah do after Belly goes to bed during the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jeremiah pinned Conrad during a wrestling match?
2. What is Belly's big wish during the last party at the beach house?
3. What does Jeremiah say would have made his grief easier to bear, and why?
4. How is Belly's lie about staying with Taylor discovered?
5. What is ironic about Belly threatening to wear Taylor's platform sandals?
6. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
7. How does Belly feel when Mr. Fisher talks to her at the beach house?
8. What caused Jeremiah to first realize how fun Belly is to be around?
9. What did Belly write about in the old journal she finds at the house?
10. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Belly's idea about Conrad at the end of the book, and what caused this to change? How did this change affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How did Belly's relationship with Jeremiah change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)