|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did Conrad try for a while?
2. What makes it hard for Belly to talk on the phone during the party?
3. What did Susannah plan for the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
4. Why did Jeremiah break up with Mara?
5. What does Conrad think of Belly's pajamas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Jeremiah to first realize how fun Belly is to be around?
2. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
3. How does Belly feel when she is swimming in the beach house pool?
4. Why is Belly so anxious for Conrad to get back on track?
5. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
6. What do Belly and her mother fight about the morning after the beach house party?
7. How does Belly feel when Mr. Fisher talks to her at the beach house?
8. Why did Jeremiah end his relationship with Mara?
9. What is so haunting to Belly about her parents' divorce?
10. What shocks Belly when Sandy comes to the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What kind of relationship did Susannah have with her husband, and how did this affect the overall tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How does Belly prove herself a good friend in this book, and who is most influenced by her friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)