|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeremiah say is easy about Belly?
2. What does Belly notice about the bed she is laying on when she calls someone for comfort during the last beach house party?
3. What does Belly use as her excuse to stay another day away from home when she is retrieving Conrad?
4. What does Mr. Fisher say Conrad has to do to keep the house from being sold?
5. How does Belly describe how her parents acted the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Belly write about in the old journal she finds at the house?
2. What does Laurel say to get Mr. Fisher to not sell the house?
3. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
4. What do Belly and Taylor usually do after their big fights?
5. Why is Belly so anxious for Conrad to get back on track?
6. What favor does Conrad ask of Belly after Sandy leaves the beach house?
7. What does Jeremiah say to Belly on the beach after her fight with her mother?
8. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
9. What does Jeremiah say would have made his grief easier to bear, and why?
10. What is ironic about Belly threatening to wear Taylor's platform sandals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of relationship did Susannah have with her husband, and how did this affect the overall tone of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)