|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belly do when she is asked to the prom?
2. How does Conrad know Eric?
3. What does Conrad say was a huge mistake after his mother's funeral?
4. What did Belly try to use as an excuse before the last time she saw Susannah?
5. What is the one draw back for Belly about her trip with Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Belly discover when she opens her overnight bag when retrieving Conrad?
2. What does Belly find in Conrad's dorm that she knows is for her, and how does she know this?
3. What happened at the poolside that Jeremiah called a game changer?
4. Why does Taylor want Belly to date Cory?
5. What did Belly do on her get away with Conrad?
6. Why does Belly drink with Conrad and Jeremiah at the beach house?
7. How does Steven think Susannah's husband is handling her death?
8. What does Belly agree to help Jeremiah do when he calls in a panic some time after the funeral?
9. What does Belly wear to Susannah's funeral, and why?
10. How did Conrad and Belly break up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Belly's relationship with Jeremiah change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)