|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Conrad doing at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Belly do when she knows Cory is about to ask her out at the party?
3. How had Conrad treated Belly while growing up?
4. Who takes Belly to her prom?
5. What is Belly's excuse for going away alone with Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Belly discover when she opens her overnight bag when retrieving Conrad?
2. What did Belly do on her get away with Conrad?
3. Why does Taylor want Belly to date Cory?
4. How does Belly feel before her last meeting with Susannah?
5. Why does Jeremiah say he needs Belly's help to get Conrad back to school?
6. What do Belly and Taylor fight about at the party?
7. How did Belly know Susannah?
8. How did Conrad and Belly break up?
9. What does Belly take with her to Cousins, and why?
10. What happened at the poolside that Jeremiah called a game changer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Conrad change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Love was a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters were most affected by this theme? Which relationships were the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)