|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belly get asked to the prom?
2. What is the name of Taylor's boyfriend at the beginning of the book?
3. Who tells Jeremiah that Conrad went to surf?
4. What sad news does Belly give Maureen?
5. Why does Belly want to memorize something when she is on the porch alone with Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Belly daydreaming about at the beginning of the book?
2. Why did Jeremiah get mad at Belly after his mother's funeral?
3. How did Belly know Susannah?
4. What does Belly agree to help Jeremiah do when he calls in a panic some time after the funeral?
5. What does Belly discover when she opens her overnight bag when retrieving Conrad?
6. What does Belly find in the basement after the funeral?
7. What does Belly wear to Susannah's funeral, and why?
8. Why does Jeremiah have the urge to kiss Belly?
9. How does the term Cinderbelly affect Belly?
10. Why does Belly drink with Conrad and Jeremiah at the beach house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Conrad change when he was around his family and when he was around his friends, and what caused these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Jeremiah endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)