|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Belly think she could have done differently to change what ended the night of prom?
2. What makes it hard for Conrad to call Belly after leaving the beach house?
3. What did Belly do before the last time she saw Susannah?
4. What ends for Belly the night of prom?
5. Why does Belly feel guilty the last time she sees Susannah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Steven think Susannah's husband is handling her death?
2. What was Belly's validation for her get away with Conrad?
3. How did Conrad and Belly break up?
4. What does Belly find in the basement after the funeral?
5. Why does Belly agree to go to the party at the beginning of the book?
6. Why does Belly drink with Conrad and Jeremiah at the beach house?
7. What did Susannah ask of Belly the last time they spoke?
8. What did Belly do on her get away with Conrad?
9. Why does Jeremiah have the urge to kiss Belly?
10. Why was Belly's mother so angry with her after her get away with Conrad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Belly's relationship with Jeremiah change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)