|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Taylor want her parents to stay together?
(a) So her mother would stop cheating.
(b) So her father would have support.
(c) So they could be a family.
(d) So she wouldn't have to choose between them.
2. Why did someone buy Belly a telescope?
(a) She liked to watch ships at sea.
(b) She was interested in the stars.
(c) She drew a picture of one.
(d) She was reading Treasure Island.
3. What does Belly say is cathartic at the party?
(a) Having a party.
(c) Listening to the ocean.
(d) Talking about Susannah.
4. What do the boys do when Mr. Fisher leaves the beach house that makes her mad?
(a) Ask her to leave.
(b) Blame her for their staying.
(c) Send her to go shopping again.
(d) Put her in the middle of the argument.
5. Who discovers Belly's lie about going to the beach house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad do when Belly walks into the ocean?
2. Why did Jeremiah break up with Mara?
3. What is Sandy's occupation?
4. What does Laurel do when Mr. Fisher rejects her ideas about not selling the house?
5. What insult does Belly tell about the boy Taylor lost her virginity to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Belly feel when Mr. Fisher talks to her at the beach house?
2. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
3. What is so haunting to Belly about her parents' divorce?
4. What is Belly's big wish during the last party at the beach house?
5. What do Belly and her mother fight about the morning after the beach house party?
6. What does Laurel say to get Mr. Fisher to not sell the house?
7. What happened when the kids tried to use Mr. Fisher's appliance?
8. What happened when Jeremiah pinned Conrad during a wrestling match?
9. Why does Conrad think his father can't sell the house?
10. Why is Belly so invested in helping Conrad study at the beach house?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)