|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Jeremiah break up with Mara?
(a) His mother was ill.
(b) He was going to college.
(c) All of these.
(d) He didn't want any distractions.
2. What was Jeremiah preparing for when Laurel showed up at his house one day unannounced?
(a) A graduation.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A prom.
(d) A banquet.
3. What does Conrad say he is most appreciative to his father for?
(a) Leaving his mother alone.
(b) Coming home when his mother was sick.
(c) Trying to sell the house.
(d) Letting them have the beach house.
4. What does Belly say is cathartic at the party?
(a) Having a party.
(b) Talking about Susannah.
(d) Listening to the ocean.
5. Why was Belly surprised when her parents got divorced?
(a) They never fought.
(b) They were always together.
(c) They were nice to the kids.
(d) They had plenty of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Conrad ask to be a part of his secret from his brother?
2. What does Jeremiah think Belly is doing when she goes to bed early?
3. How does Belly describe how her parents acted the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
4. Why does Conrad say he never told Jeremiah about his father's plans for the beach house?
5. Who does Belly lie to about going to the beach house to find Conrad?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Belly so anxious for Conrad to get back on track?
2. What do Belly and her mother fight about the morning after the beach house party?
3. What do Taylor and Belly fight about while Belly is at the beach house?
4. What is ironic about Belly threatening to wear Taylor's platform sandals?
5. What caused Jeremiah to first realize how fun Belly is to be around?
6. How does Belly feel when she is swimming in the beach house pool?
7. What do Belly and Taylor usually do after their big fights?
8. What was Conrad's defense when they got in trouble for using Mr. Fisher's appliance?
9. What is so haunting to Belly about her parents' divorce?
10. What is Belly's big wish during the last party at the beach house?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)