|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taylor get mad at Belly when she stays at the beach house?
(a) She didn't invite her to the party.
(b) She is still with Conrad.
(c) She is supposed to be at a party.
(d) She is making her lie.
2. What item of Susannah's does Belly find at the beach house?
(a) A swim suit.
(b) A purse.
(c) A sandal.
(d) A hat.
3. What does Belly find in the house that tells of past times?
(a) A photo album.
(b) A mad lib book.
(c) A diary.
(d) A packet of letters.
4. Who does Belly know she will spend time with when she leaves the beach house after retrieving Conrad?
(a) Her mother.
5. What color was the mess made when the kids decided to use Mr. Fisher's appliance at the beach house?
6. Why doesn't Conrad want Belly to do what she wants after her dance at the last beach house party?
(a) Other people will see her.
(b) He feels embarassed.
(c) She has been drinking.
(d) She is still angry.
7. What chore does Conrad help Belly do when her mother is there?
(a) Mopping up.
(b) Washing the dishes.
(c) Sweeping the floor.
(d) Taking out the trash.
8. What did Laurel do when Mr. Fisher got angry about the mess made when the kids used his appliance?
(a) Bought a new appliance.
(b) Started laughing.
(c) Took her kids out of the room.
(d) Cleaned up the mess.
9. Why does Conrad say he never told Jeremiah about his father's plans for the beach house?
(a) He wouldn't have tried to save it.
(b) He wanted his father to tell him.
(c) It hurt him too much.
(d) It would have caused even more drama.
10. What did Susannah like to eat when she was in charge?
11. What does Belly promise to do when her mother lets her stay at the house one more night?
(a) Clean up the mess.
(b) Take the house off the market.
(c) Move all of Susannah's things out.
(d) Help Conrad study.
12. What does Jeremiah say his mother would kill him for during his party?
(a) Letting Belly drink.
(b) Letting his father sell the house.
(c) Letting strangers in the house.
(d) Letting Cornad give up on school.
13. Who does Conrad ask to be a part of his secret from his brother?
14. What does Laurel do when Mr. Fisher rejects her ideas about not selling the house?
(a) Calls her lawyer.
(b) Pulls out a letter from Susannah.
(d) Orders the kids out of the room.
15. What does Taylor say Belly isn't good at?
(a) Seeing the big picture.
(b) Supporting people.
(c) Being a friend.
(d) Showing gratitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conrad think of Belly's pajamas?
2. What does Mr. Fisher say Conrad has to do to keep the house from being sold?
3. Why does Jeremiah buy a lot of liquor after his father leaves?
4. How does Laurel describe Mr. Fisher as a husband?
5. Who gave Conrad lots of pointers while he was involved in a sport?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)