|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Taylor want her parents to stay together?
(a) So her mother would stop cheating.
(b) So she wouldn't have to choose between them.
(c) So they could be a family.
(d) So her father would have support.
2. How does Belly describe how her parents acted the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
(a) They were passionate.
(b) They were desperate.
(c) They were happy.
(d) They were distant.
3. Why was Belly not surprised when Taylor's parents got divorced?
(a) Her mother was cheating.
(b) They were always fighting.
(c) Her father lost his job.
(d) They never spoke.
4. How does Belly say her father differs from Mr. Fisher?
(a) He is proud of her.
(b) He calls her.
(c) He left when it was time.
(d) He does not communicate well.
5. Who discovers Belly's lie about going to the beach house?
6. What does Belly promise to do when her mother lets her stay at the house one more night?
(a) Move all of Susannah's things out.
(b) Help Conrad study.
(c) Take the house off the market.
(d) Clean up the mess.
7. What does Belly choose to do after dancing at the last beach house party?
(a) Take a nap.
(c) Call her mother.
(d) Take a walk.
8. What does Belly notice about most of the people at the last beach house party?
(a) They stay away from her.
(b) They are having fun.
(c) She doesn't know them.
(d) Conrad is mad at them.
9. What does Conrad do when Belly walks into the ocean?
(a) Walks away.
(b) Kisses her.
(c) Picks her up.
(d) Slaps her.
10. Why does Belly say her father and Mr. Fisher never got along?
(a) They didn't talk at all.
(b) They had nothing in common.
(c) They fought over money.
(d) They both loved Susannah.
11. What does Jeremiah say is easy about Belly?
(a) Trusting her.
(b) Tricking her.
(c) Reading her.
(d) Loving her.
12. What does Belly think of the game Truth or Dare?
(a) It is fun.
(b) It is dumb.
(c) It is scary.
(d) It is dangerous.
13. What makes it hard for Belly to talk on the phone during the party?
(a) She is dizzy.
(b) It is loud.
(c) She is too sad.
(d) The connection is bad.
14. What does Conrad think of Belly's pajamas?
(a) They are sexy.
(b) They look uncomfortable.
(c) They are new.
(d) They are not what he expected.
15. What does Jeremiah do after Belly goes to bed during the party?
(a) Sends people away.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Helps her get undressed.
(d) Fights with Conrad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Belly feel when she sees something of Susannah's at the beach house?
2. What does Jeremiah think Belly is doing when she goes to bed early?
3. Why did someone buy Belly a telescope?
4. Why does Jeremiah say Conrad should not be with Belly?
5. Why does Laurel tell Mr. Fisher he shouldn't sell the house?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)