|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeremiah say is easy about Belly?
(a) Reading her.
(b) Trusting her.
(c) Tricking her.
(d) Loving her.
2. What does Laurel do when Mr. Fisher rejects her ideas about not selling the house?
(b) Orders the kids out of the room.
(c) Pulls out a letter from Susannah.
(d) Calls her lawyer.
3. Why was Belly surprised when her parents got divorced?
(a) They never fought.
(b) They had plenty of money.
(c) They were nice to the kids.
(d) They were always together.
4. Who gave Conrad lots of pointers while he was involved in a sport?
(a) His coach.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
5. What does Belly choose to do after dancing at the last beach house party?
(a) Call her mother.
(b) Take a nap.
(d) Take a walk.
6. What is Sandy's occupation?
(a) Insurance broker.
7. What does Belly think of the game Truth or Dare?
(a) It is scary.
(b) It is fun.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is dumb.
8. Why did someone buy Belly a telescope?
(a) She was interested in the stars.
(b) She was reading Treasure Island.
(c) She drew a picture of one.
(d) She liked to watch ships at sea.
9. What body part does Belly step on when she goes to her room during the party?
(a) A hand.
(b) A leg.
(c) A foot.
(d) A neck.
10. What color was the mess made when the kids decided to use Mr. Fisher's appliance at the beach house?
11. What fact does Belly learn about Jeremiah during Truth or Dare?
(a) He is not Susannah's son.
(b) He loves Belly.
(c) He hates his father.
(d) He had a girlfriend.
12. What does Belly get angry with Jeremiah for at the beach house?
(a) Not pushing Conrad.
(b) Leaving her alone.
(c) Not calling her mother.
(d) Taking her there.
13. Why did Jeremiah break up with Mara?
(a) He didn't want any distractions.
(b) His mother was ill.
(c) He was going to college.
(d) All of these.
14. Why did Taylor want her parents to stay together?
(a) So her father would have support.
(b) So she wouldn't have to choose between them.
(c) So her mother would stop cheating.
(d) So they could be a family.
15. Who does Belly know she will spend time with when she leaves the beach house after retrieving Conrad?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Taylor have for Conrad?
2. Who discovers Belly's lie about going to the beach house?
3. What does Belly use as her excuse to stay another day away from home when she is retrieving Conrad?
4. Which popsicles were Conrad's favorite?
5. What does Belly see as a sign of Laurel's grief when she uses an excuse to stay away another day?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)