|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the kids make a mess when they decided to use Mr. Fisher's appliance at the beach house?
(a) The top wasn't on.
(b) They knocked it over.
(c) They used the wrong cheese.
(d) They set it too high.
2. What does Conrad say when he hears Belly called her mother?
(a) He thanks her.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He tells her to go to Hell.
3. What body part does Belly step on when she goes to her room during the party?
(a) A neck.
(b) A hand.
(c) A leg.
(d) A foot.
4. What makes it hard for Belly to talk on the phone during the party?
(a) She is too sad.
(b) She is dizzy.
(c) It is loud.
(d) The connection is bad.
5. Why does Taylor get mad at Belly when she stays at the beach house?
(a) She is still with Conrad.
(b) She is supposed to be at a party.
(c) She didn't invite her to the party.
(d) She is making her lie.
6. What does Laurel do when Mr. Fisher rejects her ideas about not selling the house?
(a) Pulls out a letter from Susannah.
(c) Calls her lawyer.
(d) Orders the kids out of the room.
7. What did Susannah plan for the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
(a) A party.
(b) A church outing.
(c) A double date.
(d) A big dinner.
8. Why does Mr. Fisher say he can't stand being in the beach house?
(a) He needs the money.
(b) It makes him regret his affair.
(c) He was never home there.
(d) Susannah is everywhere.
9. Why doesn't Conrad want Belly to do what she wants after her dance at the last beach house party?
(a) Other people will see her.
(b) She is still angry.
(c) He feels embarassed.
(d) She has been drinking.
10. What does Mr. Fisher say Jeremiah is interfering with when he comes back from surfing?
(a) Getting Conrad out.
(b) The sale.
(c) The mourning process.
(d) His education.
11. What does Belly notice about the bed she is laying on when she calls someone for comfort during the last beach house party?
(a) It is messy.
(b) It has changed colors.
(c) There are people in it.
(d) It is spinning.
12. What was Jeremiah preparing for when Laurel showed up at his house one day unannounced?
(a) A banquet.
(b) A graduation.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A prom.
13. Why did someone buy Belly a telescope?
(a) She was reading Treasure Island.
(b) She liked to watch ships at sea.
(c) She was interested in the stars.
(d) She drew a picture of one.
14. What color was the mess made when the kids decided to use Mr. Fisher's appliance at the beach house?
15. What is Sandy's occupation?
(b) Insurance broker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laurel do when Mr. Fisher got angry about the mess made when the kids used his appliance?
2. Why does Belly say her father and Mr. Fisher never got along?
3. What does Conrad say he is most appreciative to his father for?
4. What did Susannah do for Belly the weekend both husbands were at the beach house?
5. Why does Jeremiah say Conrad should not be with Belly?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)