|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is with Belly when she sees Susannah for the last time?
2. What does Cory do to make Belly angry at the beginning of the book?
(a) Kisses her.
(b) Throws her in the pool.
(c) Puts a cold soda can on her back.
(d) Interupts her day dream.
3. Where does Steven work?
(a) Best Buy.
(b) Dairy Queen.
(c) Pizza Palace.
4. Why does Belly feel guilty the last time she sees Susannah?
(a) She never called Susannah.
(b) She hated to see her.
(c) She stopped visiting when Susannah got ill.
(d) She hadn't wanted to come.
5. Why is Belly happy when Conrad goes missing?
(a) It lets her know he is hurting.
(b) It gives her a chance to see him.
(c) It gets her mind off Susannah.
(d) It is a chance to see Jeremiah.
6. What secret does Belly keep when Conrad goes missing?
(a) All of these.
(b) She is going to look for him.
(c) She knows where he is.
(d) She just spoke to him.
7. Where do Belly and Conrad go when she meets him on the corner?
(a) A hotel.
(b) The beach house.
(c) The high school.
(d) His dorm.
8. Why is Jeremiah told to talk to Ari when Conrad is missing?
(a) He last saw Conrad.
(b) He is the RA.
(c) He is the TA in Conrad's class.
(d) He deals drugs to Conrad.
9. What is Steven saving money for?
(a) Medical treatment.
(b) Dates with Belly.
(c) A car.
10. What does Belly think she could have done differently to change what ended the night of prom?
(a) She could have gone home after the dance.
(b) She could have let him go.
(c) She could have not walked away.
(d) She could have gone with Cory.
11. Why does Laurel say Belly and Conrad broke up?
(a) There were too many people involved.
(b) They lived too far away.
(c) They were not the same age.
(d) There was too much stress with Susannah's illness.
12. Who tells Belly that Cory likes her?
13. What favor does Susannah ask of Belly the last time they talk?
(a) To look after Conrad.
(b) To marry Jeremiah.
(c) To keep fresh flowers in the kitchen.
(d) To paint her house.
14. Why does Belly want to memorize something when she is on the porch alone with Conrad?
(a) It might be the last time she sees it.
(b) They remind her of Susannah.
(c) She can feel the resolve slipping from her.
(d) It is changing all the time.
15. What ends for Belly the night of prom?
(a) Her innocence.
(b) Susannah's life.
(c) Her relationship with Conrad.
(d) Her grief over Susannah's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Taylor's boyfriend at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Belly do at Jeremiah's house after the funeral?
3. Where does Conrad go missing from?
4. What does Conrad call Belly at his mother's funeral?
5. What does Belly wait for before meeting Conrad on the corner?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)