|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Belly tell Jeremiah she wants to know first when they get together after the funeral?
(a) He is doing well in school.
(b) Conrad still thinks about her.
(c) He has been getting help.
(d) Things are OK between them.
2. How does Belly get asked to the prom?
(a) Her friend asks her the day of.
(b) There is a big production at the school.
(c) She gets a letter.
(d) She has to ask someone to take her.
3. What favor does Susannah ask of Belly the last time they talk?
(a) To paint her house.
(b) To marry Jeremiah.
(c) To keep fresh flowers in the kitchen.
(d) To look after Conrad.
4. What special accessory did Belly wear to Susannah's funeral?
(a) An opal necklace.
(b) Electric blue heels.
(c) Pearl earings.
(d) Red glasses.
5. How long does Conrad have to travel to visit Belly after leaving the beach house?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
6. What does Belly think she could have done differently to change what ended the night of prom?
(a) She could have gone with Cory.
(b) She could have let him go.
(c) She could have not walked away.
(d) She could have gone home after the dance.
7. How many proms has Jeremiah been to when he is with Belly in the car?
8. What is Nona's occupation?
9. Why is Belly happy when Conrad goes missing?
(a) It gives her a chance to see him.
(b) It is a chance to see Jeremiah.
(c) It gets her mind off Susannah.
(d) It lets her know he is hurting.
10. Why does Belly's prom date leave so soon after the dance?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He has a test.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He is nervous.
11. Who does Belly want to comfort her after Susannah's funeral?
12. Why is Jeremiah told to talk to Ari when Conrad is missing?
(a) He is the RA.
(b) He last saw Conrad.
(c) He deals drugs to Conrad.
(d) He is the TA in Conrad's class.
13. Who surprises Belly by being at Susannah's funeral?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her cousin.
14. What is Belly trying to memorize when she is on the porch alone with Conrad?
(a) The rain falling.
(b) The clouds.
(c) Conrad's face.
(d) The beach.
15. Why does Jeremiah toss Conrad in the pool?
(a) He is boring.
(b) He was getting too hot.
(c) He kisses Belly.
(d) He said something rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steven saving money for?
2. Where does Steven work?
3. How did Susannah want Belly's prom night to be?
4. What did Belly try to use as an excuse before the last time she saw Susannah?
5. Where do Belly and Conrad go when she meets him on the corner?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)