|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lance focuses on training and eating right for the Tour de France, Kik focuses on what?
2. How does Jim Hoyt become involved with Lance's foundation?
3. Lance confesses that chemotherapy can make a person feel:
4. Lance goes from being the racer nobody wants on their team to the:
5. How does Lance feel about the hype and press surrounding his return to pro cycling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Lance Armstrong and his mentor, Jim Hoyt, reconcile.
2. Describe the day of the birth of Lance's first child.
3. Who keeps Lance company throughout his chemotherapy treatments?
4. Who is Kik, and how does Lance meet her?
5. Who is LaTrice, and how does she help Lance?
6. Where is Lance two weeks before his baby is due?
7. When Lance trains in Boone, North Carolina, what change in attitude does he develop?
8. How is Lance received in the United States after winning his first Tour de France?
9. In between chemotherapy cycles, what does Lance do back in Austin?
10. As Kik and Lance continue to work together on his foundation, what do they discover about one another?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways are the following individuals there for Lance during his times of need?
1. His chemotherapy nurse LaTrice.
2. His manager Bill Stapleton.
3. His wife Kristin.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Lance applies personal attributes he developed as an athlete, such as strength, determination, drive, and perseverance, towards championing causes for cancer victims and raising money for cancer research.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship Lance has with his mother during his childhood, teen years, and adult years.
1. What lessons does she help teach him?
2. In what ways does she support him?
3. In what ways is she a "hero" in this story?
4. Would Lance have made it as far in life without the support of his mother? Validate your answer with examples.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)