|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lance's press conference, Cofidis calls Lance to:
2. In addition to entering triathlons, what else does young Lance enter?
3. What type of cancer is Lance first diagnosed with?
4. What does Lance accomplish at the age of twenty-one at the Tour de France?
5. Who is Dr. Steven Wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain where Lance is in his life when signs of cancer appear.
2. What sports does Lance excel in as a child and teenager?
3. What advice does Lance seek from his mother and friends regarding cancer treatment?
4. What treatment options are available to Lance other than what the Houston doctors propose?
5. Describe the circumstances of Lance's birth and first few years of life.
6. Lance describes himself as brash during the early phases of his cycling career. How does this brashness interfere with his progress?
7. Who is Jim Hoyt, and what is his relationship to Lance?
8. In addition to covering his journey as a cancer survivor, what other main aspects of Lance Armstrong's life does the book discuss?
9. Who is Moreno Argentin, and how does he regard Lance Armstrong?
10. What does Dr. Jim Reeves conclude after conducting a series of medical tests on Lance Armstrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During his teen years, Lance finds that his growing career as an athlete is met with resistance by the culture in which he lives. Explain how Lance overcomes rejection and other obstacles he faces as a teenager from his community and his school. Do these obstacles give him more determination to succeed? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Lance Armstrong in terms of the following roles:
1. Fierce athlete.
2. Loyal friend.
3. Tour de France champion.
4. Proud father.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples, explain how the following events were healing for Lance after he beat cancer:
1. Meeting Kik.
2. Organizing the Ride for the Roses.
3. Starting his cancer foundation.
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)