|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to watch Lance's last time trial at the Tour de France, riding in the team car?
(a) His friend, Dr. Wolf.
(b) His nurse, LaTrice.
(c) His mentor, Jim.
(d) His mother.
2. How does Lance react when he learns that his lead at the Tour de France is causing a frenzy back in the United States?
(a) He can't comprehend this.
(b) He laughs nervously.
(c) He's not surprised.
(d) He doubts it.
3. What is the name of Lance's and Kik's first baby?
4. What does Lance attempt to do in between chemotherapy cycles?
(a) Negotiate new contracts.
(b) Ride his bike.
(c) Mend his broken heart.
(d) Write a book.
5. What line of work is Kik in?
(a) Information technology.
(c) Health administration.
(d) Public relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. As part of the reconciliation between Jim Hoyt and the cyclist, Lance does what?
2. What race do Kik and friends get Lance to commit to before he gives it all up?
3. During chemo, the focus of Lance's healing revolves around what?
4. After making a comeback in the United States, what is Lance's next step?
5. What happens when Lance trains in Boone, North Carolina, at a time when he feels he wants to quit pro cycling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Kik, and how does Lance meet her?
2. What does Lance say about children -- in particular, children with cancer?
3. What is the Ride for the Roses?
4. How is the U.S. Postal Team that Lance races with regarded at the start of the Tour de France?
5. Who is LaTrice, and how does she help Lance?
6. After Lance starts racing again as a cancer survivor, why does he become discouraged and depressed?
7. How do Lance's friends and manager react when he wants to quit racing completely and make an official announcement?
8. While Lance focuses on getting into shape and training for the Tour de France, what does Kik focus on?
9. Describe Lance's chemotherapy treatment.
10. How is Lance received in the United States after winning his first Tour de France?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)