|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During chemo, the focus of Lance's healing revolves around what?
(a) The obstacles he's already overcome.
(b) Chemo sessions he must endure.
(c) The freedom he'll one day enjoy again.
(d) Bike race he plans to compete in.
2. Who does Miguel Indurain think will win the Tour de France?
(a) Greg LeMond.
(b) Michael Boogerd.
(c) Lance Armstrong.
3. How do Kik and Lance end up spending more and more time together?
(a) Kik starts to ride her bike with Lance.
(b) Taking community college classes together.
(c) Working for the foundation.
(d) Lance starts to accompany Kik on her hospital visits.
4. Why does Alain Bondue want to talk with Bill Stapleton, Lance's manager?
(a) To discuss a pay cut.
(b) To discuss plans for a documentary.
(c) To complain about Lance's attitude.
(d) To say additional chemo may be needed.
5. Given a choice between cancer and the Tour, what would Lance choose?
(c) The Tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Lance is done with chemotherapy, what does he start working on?
2. Why is Lance flown back to the United States following his first Tour de France victory?
3. How does Bill Stapleton respond to what Alain Bondue tells him in private while Lance is undergoing chemo?
4. After returning to pro cycling, Lance ends up quitting. What do his friends say about his wish to formally announce his retirement?
5. What line of work is Kik in?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Lance and Kik marry, where does Lance finally make his official racing return?
2. In between chemotherapy cycles, what does Lance do back in Austin?
3. After they marry, why do Kik and Lance move to Europe?
4. After Lance starts racing again as a cancer survivor, why does he become discouraged and depressed?
5. Describe the day of the birth of Lance's first child.
6. Where is Lance two weeks before his baby is due?
7. What does Lance learn about his post-cancer body as he trains in the mountains for the Tour de France?
8. Who keeps Lance company throughout his chemotherapy treatments?
9. What is the Ride for the Roses?
10. After Cofidis dissolves Lance's contract, who offers Lance a racing contract?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)