|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lance notice about cancer patients who are children?
(a) Too often they are kept in the dark about the disease.
(b) They are strong, happy, bubbly, and resilient.
(c) They are naturally brave and don't think about failure.
(d) They need to be told what's going on.
2. Why is Lance flown back to the United States following his first Tour de France victory?
(a) To meet with top dignitaries.
(b) To reconcile with his father.
(c) For much needed rest.
(d) So he can do some American press.
3. When Kik plans to go to Europe to visit a friend, what does Lance do?
(a) Buys her a ring.
(b) Grumbles about her upcoming absence.
(c) Accompanies her.
(d) Offers to pay for her flight.
4. How does Lance feel about the hype and press surrounding his return to pro cycling?
(a) There's not enough of it.
(b) It's distracting.
(c) It's wonderful.
(d) It seems insincere.
5. Why does Alain Bondue want to talk with Bill Stapleton, Lance's manager?
(a) To discuss plans for a documentary.
(b) To complain about Lance's attitude.
(c) To discuss a pay cut.
(d) To say additional chemo may be needed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Lance and his manager meet with Thom Weisel?
2. Who is Jeff Garvey?
3. Why does Lance call Kristin Richard "Kik?"
4. Lance confesses that chemotherapy can make a person feel:
5. Who does Miguel Indurain think will win the Tour de France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Miguel Indurain, and what does he say about Lance Armstrong?
2. Describe how Lance Armstrong and his mentor, Jim Hoyt, reconcile.
3. Who is LaTrice, and how does she help Lance?
4. How is the U.S. Postal Team that Lance races with regarded at the start of the Tour de France?
5. What is the Ride for the Roses?
6. Describe Lance's first interactions with Kik.
7. What bad news do Lance and his manager, Bill Stapleton, receive from Cofidis?
8. Who is Kik, and how does Lance meet her?
9. Describe Lance's chemotherapy treatment.
10. Where is Lance two weeks before his baby is due?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)