|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fabio Casartelli and what is his association with Lance?
(a) Coach who quits because of Lance's attitude.
(b) Doctor who develops Lance's cancer treatment regimen.
(c) Teammate who dies while racing.
(d) Competitor who has no respect for Lance.
2. Why won't Motorola pay for Lance's treatments?
(a) He's no longer a member of this team.
(b) He and the coach have had a falling out.
(c) He had opted out of health insurance coverage.
(d) The team owner wants to punish Lance.
3. Why does Lance go to Houston?
(a) For a change of scenery.
(b) To speak with his stepfather.
(c) For a new treatment plan.
(d) To argue with Cofidis.
4. How old is Lance's mother when she gives birth to him?
5. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
(b) Goes to Austin to support him.
(c) Flies to Houston to speak with specialists.
(d) Tells Lance's stepfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Lance's press conference, Cofidis calls Lance to:
2. When the realization that he has cancer sinks in, what does Lance fear?
3. Why is Lance's insurance denied?
4. In "Before and After," what concern does Lance express regarding his mother?
5. How old is Lance when he gets his first bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to covering his journey as a cancer survivor, what other main aspects of Lance Armstrong's life does the book discuss?
2. Explain where Lance spends his youth and why he feels he does not fit in.
3. Why are Lance and his mother concerned about the aggressive treatment plan that Houston doctors propose?
4. What advice does Lance seek from his mother and friends regarding cancer treatment?
5. Describe the circumstances of Lance's birth and first few years of life.
6. Describe how Lance's once in a lifetime experience with the 1990 Junior World Championship in Moscow almost prevents him from graduating high school on time.
7. At what point in his life does Lance begin to feel real fear?
8. What decision does Lance make about his treatment options?
9. What does Dr. Jim Reeves conclude after conducting a series of medical tests on Lance Armstrong?
10. Why does Lance need to bank his sperm prior to undergoing treatment for cancer?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)