|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The chemo protocol proposed to Lance at Indianapolis would aggressively attack the cancer while:
(a) Not harming his body as adversely.
(b) Giving him plenty of rest.
(c) Removing any new tumors.
(d) Strengthening him physically.
2. What personal obstacles do Kik and Lance need to overcome to become parents?
(a) Cancer treatments have left Lance sterile.
(b) Kik is afraid to have children.
(c) Lance is too busy with his career to raise a family.
(d) Both fail background checks.
3. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
(a) Flies to Houston to speak with specialists.
(b) Goes to Austin to support him.
(d) Tells Lance's stepfather.
4. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
5. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
(a) He needs five days of bed rest.
(b) Someone should take away his bike.
(c) He won't be able to race in the upcoming triathlon.
(d) He must stop training so aggressively.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Houston doctor say to Lance when the cyclist hesitates?
2. Who is Kik?
3. Why does Lance ignore his body's symptoms?
4. Why won't Motorola pay for Lance's treatments?
5. Lance stops speaking with Jim Hoyt after the man takes away his:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the circumstances of Lance's birth and first few years of life.
2. What hope does Dr. Steven Wolf offer Lance regarding his treatment options?
3. In addition to covering his journey as a cancer survivor, what other main aspects of Lance Armstrong's life does the book discuss?
4. What propels Lance to consult with a doctor?
5. Why are Lance and his mother concerned about the aggressive treatment plan that Houston doctors propose?
6. Why does Lance ignore signs that something is terribly wrong with his body?
7. At what point in his life does Lance begin to feel real fear?
8. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
9. Who is Lance Armstrong, and for what is he best known?
10. Who is Moreno Argentin, and how does he regard Lance Armstrong?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)