|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do doctors want to start Lance on chemotherapy sooner than they had originally planned?
(a) They determine his cancer is spreading too quickly.
(b) They are worried he will change his mind and back out.
(c) His big race is coming right up.
(d) There is an unexpected opening at the hospital.
2. Why does one of Lance's competitors intentionally finish a race in fourth place even though he is easily in second place?
(a) He doesn't want to stand next to Lance on the winner's podium.
(b) He loses his confidence when Lance passes him by.
(c) He wants to make sure Lance finishes in second place.
(d) He wants his friends to take second and third places.
3. Where in Texas does Lance spend his teen and preteen years?
(a) El Paso.
(c) San Antonio.
4. In "Before and After," what concern does Lance express regarding his mother?
(a) Whether or not she will recuperate from her illness.
(b) Whether or not she will support him emotionally.
(c) How he can make her proud of him.
(d) How he will tell her he has cancer.
5. How does Lance react when he learns he has cancer?
(a) He sinks into a deep depression.
(b) He's ready to fight the disease.
(c) He punches a wall.
(d) He calls the doctors liars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kik?
2. What does Lance's coach point out whenever he wants to quit racing?
3. In addition to struggling to finish races, what else does Lance struggle with?
4. Why does Lance call Dr. Steven Wolf after talking with a Houston doctor about a proposed treatment plan?
5. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Jim Reeves conclude after conducting a series of medical tests on Lance Armstrong?
2. What issues does Lance run into with health insurance as he goes into treatments to combat cancer?
3. Describe the circumstances of Lance's birth and first few years of life.
4. What sports does Lance excel in as a child and teenager?
5. When Lance races with the Motorola team, what tragedy occurs?
6. What does Lance do after he learns that he has cancer?
7. What is the outcome of Lance's brain surgery?
8. Who is Moreno Argentin, and how does he regard Lance Armstrong?
9. Why does Lance want to quit racing at times?
10. Why does Lance ignore signs that something is terribly wrong with his body?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)