|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, Lance is a member of two different racing teams. One is the U.S. National Team under the leadership of:
(a) James Anderson.
(b) Chris Kristofferson.
(c) James Hoyt.
(d) Chris Carmichael.
2. What does Lance ask for after hearing everything doctors have to say to him about proposed treatments?
(a) A coin to flip.
(b) For time with friends and family to make a decision.
(c) Medicine for his increasing pain.
(d) Three days to reach a decision.
3. What is Lance's primary concern when he first learns he has cancer?
(a) His career.
(b) His debt.
(c) His image.
(d) His life.
4. Lance is invited to compete in the 1990 Junior World Championship in:
(b) Buenos Aires.
5. How does Lance respond to pressure from the Houston doctor?
(a) He leaves without saying a word.
(b) He asks his mom to talk with this doctor.
(c) He tells the doctor to back off.
(d) He says he needs to think about it over lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to covering Lance's journey through cancer, this book documents the obstacles he overcame to:
2. When Lance races with the U.S. National Team in 1991, he is not sure whether to win or let a competitor win. He calls his mother for advice and she says:
3. Moreno Argentin is one of Lance's:
4. How does Dr. Steven Wolf encourage Lance?
5. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Lance seek from his mother and friends regarding cancer treatment?
2. What does Lance do after he learns that he has cancer?
3. Explain the title of this chapter, "I Don't Check My Mother At The Door."
4. Lance describes himself as brash during the early phases of his cycling career. How does this brashness interfere with his progress?
5. What sports does Lance excel in as a child and teenager?
6. Who is Moreno Argentin, and how does he regard Lance Armstrong?
7. Explain where Lance is in his life when signs of cancer appear.
8. Who is Jim Hoyt, and what is his relationship to Lance?
9. Describe how Lance's once in a lifetime experience with the 1990 Junior World Championship in Moscow almost prevents him from graduating high school on time.
10. Who is Lance Armstrong, and for what is he best known?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)