|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can doctors tell that Lance is beating the odds during his cancer treatment?
(a) He is growing physically stronger with each chemo cycle.
(b) He starts riding his bike in the middle of chemo cycles.
(c) Color starts to return to his pale, grayish skin.
(d) Blood tests show his body is successfully fighting the cancer.
2. What positive change does Lance notice in his post-cancer body?
(a) He can handle steep mountains better.
(b) He doesn't need to eat as much as before.
(c) He doesn't sweat as much as before.
(d) He can handle the cold better.
3. How does Lance help his good friend, Stacy Pounds, who is dying from lung cancer?
(a) Finds the right doctors for her.
(b) Grants her wish to see the Grand Canyon before she dies.
(c) Arranges for her to see her son before she dies.
(d) Introduces her to his chemotherapy nurse.
4. Given a choice between cancer and the Tour, what would Lance choose?
(d) The Tour.
5. Even though Lance goes away on a speaking engagement, he constantly:
(a) Relives his Tour victory.
(b) Checks in with Kik.
(c) Calls his mom for advice.
(d) Takes breaks to ride his bike.
6. When Kik plans to go to Europe to visit a friend, what does Lance do?
(a) Offers to pay for her flight.
(b) Grumbles about her upcoming absence.
(c) Accompanies her.
(d) Buys her a ring.
7. Once Lance is done with chemotherapy, what does he start working on?
(a) Organizing Stand Up To Cancer, a cancer telethon.
(b) Training for the Tour DuPont.
(c) Organizing Ride For The Roses, a charity bicycle race.
(d) Training for the Tour de France.
8. What does Lance realize when he begins training for the Tour de France as a cancer survivor but ends up in several crashes?
(a) He needs to work on his technique and confidence.
(b) He needs a new bike.
(c) He needs help lifting his curse.
(d) He needs to take a break and then come back to training.
9. What is required for Kik to get pregnant?
(a) A competent fertilization specialist.
(b) A vacation.
(c) Less stress in their lives.
(d) In vitro fertilization.
10. In between chemotherapy cycles, where does Lance go?
(a) El Paso.
(c) San Antonio.
11. On his way back home from a speaking engagement, Lance is on a layover in Dallas when he hears what piece of news from Kik?
(a) She's feeling terribly depressed.
(b) She's accidentally locked herself in their basement.
(c) She's at the hospital.
(d) She's having contractions.
12. What does Lance do on his honeymoon?
(a) Takes training rides.
(b) Argues with coaches.
(c) Negotiates contracts.
13. How does Bill Stapleton respond to what Alain Bondue tells him in private while Lance is undergoing chemo?
(a) Tells him to talk with Lance about it.
(b) Grows angry.
(c) Grows deeply sad.
(d) Tells him to do what he has to do.
14. Lance regards LaTrice as his:
(a) Second mom.
(b) One-woman support system.
(c) Connection to the outside world.
(d) Friend and guardian angel.
15. After winning his first Tour de France, Lance is flown back to the United States by whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the "Kik" chapter, what does Lance pour his time and energy into?
2. What happens when Lance and his manager meet with Thom Weisel?
3. When Lance makes his official racing comeback in the United States, his teammate wins the race and Lance places:
4. Lance confesses that chemotherapy can make a person feel:
5. Who is LaTrice?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)