|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to pro cycling, Lance ends up quitting. What do his friends say about his wish to formally announce his retirement?
(a) They're ashamed of him.
(b) It's a great idea.
(c) He should do whatever makes him happy.
(d) He should take time to think about it.
2. Once Lance is done with chemotherapy, what does he start working on?
(a) Training for the Tour DuPont.
(b) Organizing Ride For The Roses, a charity bicycle race.
(c) Training for the Tour de France.
(d) Organizing Stand Up To Cancer, a cancer telethon.
3. What is the Amstel Gold Race?
(a) A race showcasing celebrity cyclists.
(b) A prestigious race in Portugal.
(c) One of the races leading up to the Tour de France.
(d) A benefit race for cancer awareness.
4. What is Lance doing two years after his cancer diagnosis?
(a) Contemplating what to do with his life.
(b) Racing well in Europe.
(c) Trying to get into the Tour de France.
(d) Doing commercials in Japan.
5. When Kik invites Lance out for a beer, they discover that:
(a) Neither one actually likes beer.
(b) They enjoy each other's company.
(c) They were born in the same hospital.
(d) They have the same taste in music.
6. Given a choice between cancer and the Tour, what would Lance choose?
(a) The Tour.
7. In the "Kik" chapter, what does Lance pour his time and energy into?
(a) Improving his golf.
(b) Learning French.
(c) An autobiography.
(d) A cancer foundation.
8. While Lance focuses on training and eating right for the Tour de France, Kik focuses on what?
(a) Having a healthy baby.
(b) Learning how to knit.
(c) Learning French cooking.
(d) Becoming fluent in French.
9. In between chemotherapy cycles, where does Lance go?
(c) El Paso.
(d) San Antonio.
10. Even though Lance is busy with his foundation and cancer appears to be behind him, what is he afraid of?
(a) Getting too close to Kik.
(b) His father coming back to his life.
(c) The cancer returning.
(d) His foundation failing.
11. Who is LaTrice?
(a) Lance's chemotherapy nurse.
(b) Lance's aunt.
(c) Lance's publicity representative.
(d) Lance's personal assistant.
12. When Alain Bondue talks with Lance, he tries to:
(a) Ensure Lance is comfortable.
(b) Say very little.
(c) Present a realistic outlook.
(d) Show support.
13. Where do Lance's chemotherapy treatments take place?
(a) San Diego.
(b) New York.
14. When Lance and his wife move to France, where do they live?
15. During Lance's chemo treatment, which friend spends as much time with him as possible?
(a) Stanley Wolf.
(b) Linda Anderson.
(c) Kristin Richard.
(d) Jim Ochowicz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lance's body feel after he completes a chemotherapy cycle?
2. Who is Alain Bondue?
3. Who is Johan Bruyneel?
4. Even though Lance goes away on a speaking engagement, he constantly:
5. Even though others are impressed with Lance's performance upon his return to pro cycling as a cancer survivor, how does he feel about his performance?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)