|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lance goes from being the racer nobody wants on their team to the:
(a) Richest man in the world.
(b) Most popular person in the universe.
(c) Winner everyone wants to see.
(d) Son everyone wants to have.
2. What does Lance attempt to do in between chemotherapy cycles?
(a) Mend his broken heart.
(b) Negotiate new contracts.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Ride his bike.
3. Where do Lance's chemotherapy treatments take place?
(b) New York.
(d) San Diego.
4. Why does Lance call Kristin Richard "Kik?"
(a) It's easier to remember.
(b) Because of her "kick'in" cowboy boots.
(c) It's her nickname.
(d) He doesn't like the name Kristin.
5. Who is Kelly Davidson?
(a) Philanthropist who gives a million dollars to Lance's foundation.
(b) Local politician who spreads the word about Lance's foundation.
(c) Popular singer and cancer survivor.
(d) Young cancer patient who is a fan of Lance.
6. What personal goal do Lance and Kik develop?
(a) To move to Norway.
(b) To spend more time together.
(c) To have a baby.
(d) To meet with cancer patients every week.
7. How does Lance describe his life on chemo?
(a) Exceedingly boring.
(b) A journey into the abyss.
(c) Psychedelic and confusing.
(d) One long IV drip.
8. After returning to pro cycling, Lance ends up quitting. What do his friends say about his wish to formally announce his retirement?
(a) They're ashamed of him.
(b) He should do whatever makes him happy.
(c) He should take time to think about it.
(d) It's a great idea.
9. Lance confesses that chemotherapy can make a person feel:
10. What is the Amstel Gold Race?
(a) A prestigious race in Portugal.
(b) One of the races leading up to the Tour de France.
(c) A race showcasing celebrity cyclists.
(d) A benefit race for cancer awareness.
11. In the midst of celebrating Lance's Tour de France victory, what do Kik and Lance focus on?
(a) Their Hawaiian vacation.
(b) Their mounting debt.
(c) The upcoming birth of their baby.
(d) Problems in their relationship.
12. When Lance makes his official racing comeback in the United States, his teammate wins the race and Lance places:
13. When does Lance's former mentor, Jim Hoyt, return to his life?
(a) During Stand Up To Cancer.
(b) During Ride For The Roses.
(c) Right before Lance goes in for brain surgery.
(d) When Lance starts chemotherapy.
14. How does Bill Stapleton respond to what Alain Bondue tells him in private while Lance is undergoing chemo?
(a) Tells him to talk with Lance about it.
(b) Grows angry.
(c) Tells him to do what he has to do.
(d) Grows deeply sad.
15. How do Lance's and Kik's first interactions go?
(a) They don't know what to talk about.
(b) Their assistants talk for them.
(c) They argue.
(d) Very smoothly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lance feel about the hype and press surrounding his return to pro cycling?
2. How does Lance help his good friend, Stacy Pounds, who is dying from lung cancer?
3. What does Lance's manager, Bill Stapleton, say about quitting cycling as a cancer survivor?
4. Even though Lance is busy with his foundation and cancer appears to be behind him, what is he afraid of?
5. How do Kik and Lance end up spending more and more time together?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)