|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After winning his first Tour de France, Lance is flown back to the United States by whom?
2. In between chemotherapy cycles, where does Lance go?
(b) San Antonio.
(c) El Paso.
3. How is the US Postal Team regarded when the Tour de France begins?
(a) Nobody's heard of them.
(b) People don't expect them to finish the race.
(c) It's laughed at.
(d) It's not one of the favorites.
4. At the Ruta del Sol cycling race, in what place does Lance finish?
5. How does Lance help his good friend, Stacy Pounds, who is dying from lung cancer?
(a) Grants her wish to see the Grand Canyon before she dies.
(b) Finds the right doctors for her.
(c) Arranges for her to see her son before she dies.
(d) Introduces her to his chemotherapy nurse.
6. During Lance's chemo treatment, which friend spends as much time with him as possible?
(a) Stanley Wolf.
(b) Kristin Richard.
(c) Linda Anderson.
(d) Jim Ochowicz.
7. What does Lance's manager, Bill Stapleton, say about quitting cycling as a cancer survivor?
(a) There's no shame in it.
(b) Everyone will understand and accept his decision.
(c) He'll be remembered as the guy who got cancer and never rode again.
(d) He's better off working on his foundation anyway.
8. Who is LaTrice?
(a) Lance's publicity representative.
(b) Lance's aunt.
(c) Lance's personal assistant.
(d) Lance's chemotherapy nurse.
9. What does Lance attempt to do in between chemotherapy cycles?
(a) Ride his bike.
(b) Mend his broken heart.
(c) Write a book.
(d) Negotiate new contracts.
10. How does Lance describe his life on chemo?
(a) A journey into the abyss.
(b) Psychedelic and confusing.
(c) One long IV drip.
(d) Exceedingly boring.
11. How does Lance react when he learns that his lead at the Tour de France is causing a frenzy back in the United States?
(a) He's not surprised.
(b) He doubts it.
(c) He laughs nervously.
(d) He can't comprehend this.
12. Lance confesses that chemotherapy can make a person feel:
13. Given a choice between cancer and the Tour, what would Lance choose?
(b) The Tour.
14. What personal goal do Lance and Kik develop?
(a) To meet with cancer patients every week.
(b) To have a baby.
(c) To spend more time together.
(d) To move to Norway.
15. When Kik invites Lance out for a beer, they discover that:
(a) They enjoy each other's company.
(b) They were born in the same hospital.
(c) They have the same taste in music.
(d) Neither one actually likes beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After making a comeback in the United States, what is Lance's next step?
2. What is the Amstel Gold Race?
3. Who is Jeff Garvey?
4. When Lance wants to officially retire, what concerns his friends and family the most?
5. What positive change does Lance notice in his post-cancer body?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)