|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of the chapter "Bad to Worse," what do doctors begin to fear prior to Lance starting chemotherapy?
(a) That he will try to race despite their objections.
(b) That the cancer has spread to his brain.
(c) That his body is too weak to handle chemo.
(d) That he doesn't have cancer after all.
2. Who is Fabio Casartelli and what is his association with Lance?
(a) Coach who quits because of Lance's attitude.
(b) Doctor who develops Lance's cancer treatment regimen.
(c) Competitor who has no respect for Lance.
(d) Teammate who dies while racing.
3. At the same time that Lance competes internationally with the U.S. National Team, he competes domestically for:
(a) Radio Shack.
4. What about his cancer "makes it personal?"
(a) Treating it like a worthy opponent.
(b) Knowing that it's in his brain.
(c) Knowing that the whole world supports him.
(d) Treating it like a worthless inconvenience.
5. Lance Armstrong is a renowned:
(c) Auto racer.
6. Lance explains that he does not check his mother at the door when he is about to meet the:
(c) Previous champion.
7. Lance Armstrong is perhaps best known for his victories at the:
(a) Tour de France.
(b) Winter Olympics.
(c) World Cup.
(d) IFMAR World Championship.
8. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
9. Who is Rick Parker?
(a) Lance's mentor, who owns a bike shop.
(b) Lance's friend, who is a doctor.
(c) Lance's manager.
(d) Lance's competitor.
10. How old is Lance when he gets his first bike?
11. How does Lance react when he learns he has cancer?
(a) He's ready to fight the disease.
(b) He sinks into a deep depression.
(c) He punches a wall.
(d) He calls the doctors liars.
12. Why does Lance have trouble fitting into his community and his high school?
(a) He is picked on for being too skinny.
(b) His biological father makes life difficult for him.
(c) He doesn't understand the prevalent football mentality.
(d) He has a lisp which makes him self-conscious.
13. Why is Lance sent to see a urologist, Dr. Jim Reeves?
(a) He has a urinary tract infection.
(b) His symptoms are confusing.
(c) He has an inflamed testicle.
(d) He may have a broken pelvis.
14. Lance's brain surgery:
(a) Reveals additional lesions.
(b) Is not covered by insurance.
(c) Is a success.
(d) Takes five times as long as expected.
15. The treatment plan proposed by Houston doctors is considered what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
2. Despite his performance at the Tour de France at the age of twenty-one, what is Lance unable to do?
3. How does young Lance do in the Ironkids competition he enters?
4. What does Dr. Wolf recommend that Lance do?
5. Where in Texas does Lance spend his teen and preteen years?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)