|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of giving Houston doctors a definitive answer, Lance and his mother do what?
(a) Head to Dallas to be with relatives.
(b) Fly to San Diego to speak with specialists there.
(c) Fly to Indiana to speak with specialists there.
(d) Head back to Austin to clear their minds.
2. Lance Armstrong is perhaps best known for his victories at the:
(a) World Cup.
(b) Winter Olympics.
(c) Tour de France.
(d) IFMAR World Championship.
3. At the World Championships in Norway, Lance becomes the:
(a) First non-European to compete there.
(b) Youngest ever racer in Norway.
(c) First American to come in second place.
(d) Youngest winner of a world cycling title.
4. Who is Kik?
(a) The doctor who tells Lance his prognosis.
(b) The woman Lance marries.
(c) Lance's manager.
(d) Lance's chemotherapy nurse.
5. What do all doctors agree upon with regards to Lance's brain lesions?
(a) He needs another MRI.
(b) They require surgery.
(c) They will impair his balance.
(d) They require radiation.
6. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
7. At the World Championships, Lance's mother sits and watches:
(a) For seven hours in the rain.
(b) For the last fifteen minutes.
(c) Her portable TV.
(d) For two days in the hot sun.
8. How does Lance regard his biological father?
(a) He misses him terribly.
(b) He wants nothing to do with him.
(c) He was a great role model.
(d) He would like a relationship with him.
9. Who is Rick Parker?
(a) Lance's manager.
(b) Lance's mentor, who owns a bike shop.
(c) Lance's competitor.
(d) Lance's friend, who is a doctor.
10. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
(a) He must stop training so aggressively.
(b) He won't be able to race in the upcoming triathlon.
(c) He needs five days of bed rest.
(d) Someone should take away his bike.
11. The triathlons that Lance does extremely well in combines which three sports?
(a) Cycling, skating, soccer.
(b) Swimming, diving, gymnastics.
(c) Cycling, running, skating.
(d) Swimming, running, cycling.
12. Despite doctors' orders, what does Lance accomplish after being hit by a car?
(a) Places third in a triathlon.
(b) Mends a fracture in record time.
(c) Completes a charity bike race.
(d) Gets a new bike.
13. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
14. How does Dr. Steven Wolf encourage Lance?
(a) By offering him painkilling herbs.
(b) By assuring him he'll live.
(c) By asking him for an autograph.
(d) By reminding him that he has many treatment options.
15. What does Lance accomplish at the age of twenty-one at the Tour de France?
(a) Breaks five speed records.
(b) Wins his first stage.
(c) Becomes the first American to enter the race.
(d) Is the youngest racer ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
2. Why does one of Lance's competitors intentionally finish a race in fourth place even though he is easily in second place?
3. Lance Armstrong is a renowned:
4. The treatment plan proposed by Houston doctors is considered what?
5. Lance explains that he does not check his mother at the door when he is about to meet the:
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)