|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The triathlons that Lance does extremely well in combines which three sports?
(a) Swimming, running, cycling.
(b) Cycling, running, skating.
(c) Cycling, skating, soccer.
(d) Swimming, diving, gymnastics.
2. Why does Lance ignore his body's symptoms?
(a) He doesn't want his competitors to ridicule him.
(b) He is a driven athlete trained to ignore pain.
(c) He doesn't trust doctors.
(d) He does not have health insurance.
3. Who is Linda Mooneyham?
(a) Lance's mother.
(b) Lance's great-grandmother.
(c) Lance's neighbor.
(d) Lance's teacher.
4. Why does Lance finally consult with a doctor after his symptoms appear?
(a) His symptoms and pain have grown severe.
(b) He goes in for an annual checkup.
(c) His coach, girlfriend, and best friends urge him to go.
(d) He gets medical insurance.
5. What does Lance's mother do while raising him?
(a) Works two jobs.
(b) Gets her PhD in psychology.
(c) Writes a book.
(d) Wins the Texas lottery.
6. Why do doctors want to start Lance on chemotherapy sooner than they had originally planned?
(a) They determine his cancer is spreading too quickly.
(b) They are worried he will change his mind and back out.
(c) There is an unexpected opening at the hospital.
(d) His big race is coming right up.
7. Why is Lance sent to see a urologist, Dr. Jim Reeves?
(a) His symptoms are confusing.
(b) He has an inflamed testicle.
(c) He has a urinary tract infection.
(d) He may have a broken pelvis.
8. Why do Lance and his mother feel uncomfortable with the plan proposed by Houston doctors?
(a) It may leave him with a poor quality of life.
(b) The doctors are too young.
(c) He may die from such an aggressive approach.
(d) The doctors completely contradict each other.
9. Who is Dr. Steven Wolf?
(a) A cycling coach and sports doctor.
(b) A psychiatrist and cancer survivor.
(c) An oncologist and cycling fan.
(d) An alternative health practitioner.
10. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
(a) He needs five days of bed rest.
(b) He must stop training so aggressively.
(c) Someone should take away his bike.
(d) He won't be able to race in the upcoming triathlon.
11. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
12. When the realization that he has cancer sinks in, what does Lance fear?
(a) His sponsors leaving him.
(b) Dying as a virtual unknown.
(c) Leaving behind his mom and his friends.
(d) The disease and death.
13. Who is Dr. Larry Einhorn?
(a) One of the San Diego doctors.
(b) One of the Houston doctors.
(c) Pioneer in testicular cancer treatments.
(d) Pioneer in alternative health cancer therapies.
14. How old is Lance when he gets his first bike?
15. What treatment plan does Lance opt for?
(a) Dallas plan.
(b) San Diego plan.
(c) Houston plan.
(d) Indianapolis plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
2. What does an MRI reveal to Lance's doctors?
3. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
4. What does the Houston doctor say to Lance when the cyclist hesitates?
5. What does Lance's coach point out whenever he wants to quit racing?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)