|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Lance is done with chemotherapy, what does he start working on?
(a) Training for the Tour DuPont.
(b) Organizing Ride For The Roses, a charity bicycle race.
(c) Organizing Stand Up To Cancer, a cancer telethon.
(d) Training for the Tour de France.
2. What are the chances that Lance will survive his cancer?
(a) Very high.
(c) Extremely low.
(d) It is practically assured.
3. Why is Lance reluctant to ride and train competitively again?
(a) He feels he is too far out of shape.
(b) He'd rather devote himself to helping children.
(c) He's having too much fun with the foundation.
(d) He worries that training will bring the cancer back.
4. How do Kik and Lance end up spending more and more time together?
(a) Taking community college classes together.
(b) Working for the foundation.
(c) Lance starts to accompany Kik on her hospital visits.
(d) Kik starts to ride her bike with Lance.
5. Who is Kelly Davidson?
(a) Young cancer patient who is a fan of Lance.
(b) Popular singer and cancer survivor.
(c) Local politician who spreads the word about Lance's foundation.
(d) Philanthropist who gives a million dollars to Lance's foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lance call Dr. Steven Wolf after talking with a Houston doctor about a proposed treatment plan?
2. How does Jim Hoyt become involved with Lance's foundation?
3. Who is Dr. Larry Einhorn?
4. Who is Alain Bondue?
5. During Lance's second Tour de France, the U.S. Postal team is nearly hit by:
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)