|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Encore.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lance help his good friend, Stacy Pounds, who is dying from lung cancer?
(a) Finds the right doctors for her.
(b) Arranges for her to see her son before she dies.
(c) Grants her wish to see the Grand Canyon before she dies.
(d) Introduces her to his chemotherapy nurse.
2. Despite doctors' orders, what does Lance accomplish after being hit by a car?
(a) Places third in a triathlon.
(b) Mends a fracture in record time.
(c) Completes a charity bike race.
(d) Gets a new bike.
3. When Lance returns to racing as a cancer survivor, what does he struggle with?
(a) His body has changed and doesn't respond the way it used to.
(b) The majority of his fans have forgotten about him.
(c) His fears are still too great and distracting.
(d) He'd rather be fundraising for cancer.
4. Who is Rick Parker?
(a) Lance's friend, who is a doctor.
(b) Lance's manager.
(c) Lance's mentor, who owns a bike shop.
(d) Lance's competitor.
5. Near the end of the chapter "Bad to Worse," what do doctors begin to fear prior to Lance starting chemotherapy?
(a) That he doesn't have cancer after all.
(b) That he will try to race despite their objections.
(c) That his body is too weak to handle chemo.
(d) That the cancer has spread to his brain.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Lance focuses on training and eating right for the Tour de France, Kik focuses on what?
2. When Lance arrives at the hospital in preparation for surgery to remove a cancerous growth, what is he hoping for?
3. When Lance wants to officially retire, what concerns his friends and family the most?
4. Lance is invited to compete in the 1990 Junior World Championship in:
5. Given a choice between cancer and the Tour, what would Lance choose?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)