|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survivorship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
(a) Goes to Austin to support him.
(b) Flies to Houston to speak with specialists.
(c) Tells Lance's stepfather.
2. When Alain Bondue talks with Lance, he tries to:
(a) Say very little.
(b) Show support.
(c) Present a realistic outlook.
(d) Ensure Lance is comfortable.
3. Why does Lance call Kristin Richard "Kik?"
(a) It's easier to remember.
(b) Because of her "kick'in" cowboy boots.
(c) It's her nickname.
(d) He doesn't like the name Kristin.
4. How does Dr. Steven Wolf encourage Lance?
(a) By assuring him he'll live.
(b) By offering him painkilling herbs.
(c) By asking him for an autograph.
(d) By reminding him that he has many treatment options.
5. Who is Jeff Garvey?
(a) Cycling coach who donates regularly to Lance's foundation.
(b) Businessman who becomes director of Lance's foundation.
(c) Poet who writes a tribute to Lance.
(d) Professional cyclist who starts a cancer hotline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lance "talk" to cancer?
2. In between chemotherapy cycles, where does Lance go?
3. At the Ruta del Sol cycling race, in what place does Lance finish?
4. How does young Lance do in the Ironkids competition he enters?
5. During Lance's chemo treatment, which friend spends as much time with him as possible?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)