|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survivorship.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lance is busy with his foundation and cancer appears to be behind him, what is he afraid of?
(a) Getting too close to Kik.
(b) The cancer returning.
(c) His father coming back to his life.
(d) His foundation failing.
2. Even though others are impressed with Lance's performance upon his return to pro cycling as a cancer survivor, how does he feel about his performance?
(a) He feels that he needs to push himself harder.
(b) He feels it's the absolute worst performance of his life.
(c) He feels depressed because he wants to be a winner.
(d) He feels nobody understands how challenging it is for him to race now.
3. In addition to struggling to finish races, what else does Lance struggle with?
(a) Talking to reporters.
(b) Finding time for a social life.
(c) Dealing with competitors.
(d) His weight.
4. Despite his performance at the Tour de France at the age of twenty-one, what is Lance unable to do?
(a) Repair his bike in time.
(b) Get along with his teammates.
(c) Complete the race.
(d) Accept defeat.
5. Why does Lance "talk" to cancer?
(a) His psychiatrist recommends he do this.
(b) He's going crazy.
(c) To defeat it.
(d) The medicines are making him delirious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill Stapleton respond to what Alain Bondue tells him in private while Lance is undergoing chemo?
2. Why does Lance call Kristin Richard "Kik?"
3. What personal goal do Lance and Kik develop?
4. What happens when Lance trains in Boone, North Carolina, at a time when he feels he wants to quit pro cycling?
5. During chemo, the focus of Lance's healing revolves around what?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)