|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conversations with Cancer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
2. The triathlons that Lance does extremely well in combines which three sports?
(a) Cycling, running, skating.
(b) Swimming, diving, gymnastics.
(c) Cycling, skating, soccer.
(d) Swimming, running, cycling.
3. Why does Lance hold a press conference near the start of his cancer treatments?
(a) His cycling contract mandates that he do this.
(b) To assure the world he is fine and will race as planned.
(c) To let the world know he has cancer and won't be racing.
(d) Too many false rumors have been flying around.
4. Why does Lance call Dr. Steven Wolf after talking with a Houston doctor about a proposed treatment plan?
(a) To get his opinion.
(b) To verify the Houston doctor's credentials.
(c) To cry.
(d) To vent.
5. Why does Lance have trouble fitting into his community and his high school?
(a) He is picked on for being too skinny.
(b) He has a lisp which makes him self-conscious.
(c) His biological father makes life difficult for him.
(d) He doesn't understand the prevalent football mentality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to struggling to finish races, what else does Lance struggle with?
2. How does young Lance do in the Ironkids competition he enters?
3. How serious is Lance's cancer?
4. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
5. Lance explains that he does not check his mother at the door when he is about to meet the:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)