|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bad to Worse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lance's insurance denied?
(a) He hasn't been making his premium payments.
(b) He failed to fill out the right forms.
(c) His cancer is considered a pre-existing condition.
(d) His insurance company has gone bankrupt.
2. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
(a) To ignore the crowds.
(b) To not eat before a race.
(c) To pace himself.
(d) To wear sunscreen.
3. Why does Lance finally consult with a doctor after his symptoms appear?
(a) His symptoms and pain have grown severe.
(b) He gets medical insurance.
(c) He goes in for an annual checkup.
(d) His coach, girlfriend, and best friends urge him to go.
4. How does Lance react when he learns he has cancer?
(a) He punches a wall.
(b) He sinks into a deep depression.
(c) He calls the doctors liars.
(d) He's ready to fight the disease.
5. At the World Championships in Norway, Lance becomes the:
(a) Youngest winner of a world cycling title.
(b) Youngest ever racer in Norway.
(c) First American to come in second place.
(d) First non-European to compete there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
2. In addition to entering triathlons, what else does young Lance enter?
3. Why is Lance sent to see a urologist, Dr. Jim Reeves?
4. What does Lance's mother do while raising him?
5. Lance Armstrong is perhaps best known for his victories at the:
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)