|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bad to Worse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Texas does Lance spend his teen and preteen years?
(b) San Antonio.
(c) El Paso.
2. Why is Lance's insurance denied?
(a) His cancer is considered a pre-existing condition.
(b) His insurance company has gone bankrupt.
(c) He hasn't been making his premium payments.
(d) He failed to fill out the right forms.
3. Lance Armstrong is perhaps best known for his victories at the:
(a) Winter Olympics.
(b) Tour de France.
(c) IFMAR World Championship.
(d) World Cup.
4. Who is Dr. Steven Wolf?
(a) An oncologist and cycling fan.
(b) An alternative health practitioner.
(c) A cycling coach and sports doctor.
(d) A psychiatrist and cancer survivor.
5. Who offers to contact Lance's mom and tell her about his cancer when he cannot do it himself?
(a) His coach, Chris Kristofferson.
(b) His mentor, Jim Hoyt.
(c) His girlfriend, Kristin Richard.
(d) His friend, Rick Parker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lance's mother do when she learns her son has cancer?
2. At the same time that Lance competes internationally with the U.S. National Team, he competes domestically for:
3. Near the end of the chapter "Bad to Worse," what do doctors begin to fear prior to Lance starting chemotherapy?
4. When Lance arrives at the hospital in preparation for surgery to remove a cancerous growth, what is he hoping for?
5. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)