|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Don't Check My Mother at the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lance races with the U.S. National Team in 1991, he is not sure whether to win or let a competitor win. He calls his mother for advice and she says:
(a) She doesn't know how to counsel him.
(b) He should be a gracious competitor and let the other team win.
(c) He should ask his coach.
(d) He should win if he can.
2. Who is Jim Hoyt?
(a) Swim teacher.
(b) Bike shop owner and mentor.
(c) Manager and uncle.
(d) Triathlon coach.
3. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
4. Lance is invited to compete in the 1990 Junior World Championship in:
(d) Buenos Aires.
5. Who is Linda Mooneyham?
(a) Lance's teacher.
(b) Lance's neighbor.
(c) Lance's mother.
(d) Lance's great-grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lance have trouble fitting into his community and his high school?
2. In addition to covering Lance's journey through cancer, this book documents the obstacles he overcame to:
3. Who is Rick Parker?
4. Despite doctors' orders, what does Lance accomplish after being hit by a car?
5. What does Lance's coach point out whenever he wants to quit racing?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)