|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Don't Check My Mother at the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Texas does Lance spend his teen and preteen years?
(b) San Antonio.
(d) El Paso.
2. What does Lance's coach point out whenever he wants to quit racing?
(a) He can't break his contract.
(b) Everybody feels that way now and then.
(c) If he quits, the cycling world will never take him back.
(d) He'll probably learn more through his defeats than his victories.
3. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
4. Who is Jim Hoyt?
(a) Swim teacher.
(b) Manager and uncle.
(c) Triathlon coach.
(d) Bike shop owner and mentor.
5. Why does Lance have trouble fitting into his community and his high school?
(a) His biological father makes life difficult for him.
(b) He is picked on for being too skinny.
(c) He doesn't understand the prevalent football mentality.
(d) He has a lisp which makes him self-conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lance react when he learns he has cancer?
2. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
3. In addition to struggling to finish races, what else does Lance struggle with?
4. Despite his performance at the Tour de France at the age of twenty-one, what is Lance unable to do?
5. What are the chances that Lance will survive his cancer?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)