|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Don't Check My Mother at the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How serious is Lance's cancer?
(b) Doctors are uncertain.
(c) It requires only a minor operation.
2. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
(a) To wear sunscreen.
(b) To ignore the crowds.
(c) To pace himself.
(d) To not eat before a race.
3. Why does Lance finally consult with a doctor after his symptoms appear?
(a) His symptoms and pain have grown severe.
(b) His coach, girlfriend, and best friends urge him to go.
(c) He goes in for an annual checkup.
(d) He gets medical insurance.
4. How old is Lance's mother when she gives birth to him?
5. How does young Lance do in the Ironkids competition he enters?
(a) Injures himself and must quit.
(b) Comes in fifth place.
(d) Comes in last.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lance notes that in addition to being rough and dangerous, training for cycling races require:
2. In "Before and After," what does Lance say causes him to become a different person in one afternoon?
3. Who is Kik?
4. How does Lance regard his biological father?
5. At one point, Lance is a member of two different racing teams. One is the U.S. National Team under the leadership of:
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)