|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Don't Check My Mother at the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lance ignore his body's symptoms?
(a) He is a driven athlete trained to ignore pain.
(b) He doesn't trust doctors.
(c) He does not have health insurance.
(d) He doesn't want his competitors to ridicule him.
2. What does Lance accomplish at the age of twenty-one at the Tour de France?
(a) Wins his first stage.
(b) Breaks five speed records.
(c) Is the youngest racer ever.
(d) Becomes the first American to enter the race.
3. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
4. At twenty-one, Lance competes in the World Championships in:
5. Why does one of Lance's competitors intentionally finish a race in fourth place even though he is easily in second place?
(a) He wants to make sure Lance finishes in second place.
(b) He wants his friends to take second and third places.
(c) He doesn't want to stand next to Lance on the winner's podium.
(d) He loses his confidence when Lance passes him by.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Before and After," what does Lance say causes him to become a different person in one afternoon?
2. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
3. How old is Lance when he discovers he has cancer?
4. Despite his performance at the Tour de France at the age of twenty-one, what is Lance unable to do?
5. When Lance races with the U.S. National Team in 1991, he is not sure whether to win or let a competitor win. He calls his mother for advice and she says:
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)