|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through I Don't Check My Mother at the Door.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fabio Casartelli and what is his association with Lance?
(a) Competitor who has no respect for Lance.
(b) Coach who quits because of Lance's attitude.
(c) Teammate who dies while racing.
(d) Doctor who develops Lance's cancer treatment regimen.
2. Lance is invited to compete in the 1990 Junior World Championship in:
(b) Buenos Aires.
3. At the World Championships, Lance's mother sits and watches:
(a) For seven hours in the rain.
(b) For two days in the hot sun.
(c) Her portable TV.
(d) For the last fifteen minutes.
4. What does Lance's coach point out whenever he wants to quit racing?
(a) Everybody feels that way now and then.
(b) He'll probably learn more through his defeats than his victories.
(c) He can't break his contract.
(d) If he quits, the cycling world will never take him back.
5. How old is Lance when he gets his first bike?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Before and After," what concern does Lance express regarding his mother?
2. Lance stops speaking with Jim Hoyt after the man takes away his:
3. Lance notes that early in his career, he is:
4. At the same time that Lance competes internationally with the U.S. National Team, he competes domestically for:
5. In "Before and After," what does Lance say causes him to become a different person in one afternoon?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)