|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Start Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lance finally consult with a doctor after his symptoms appear?
(a) He goes in for an annual checkup.
(b) His coach, girlfriend, and best friends urge him to go.
(c) His symptoms and pain have grown severe.
(d) He gets medical insurance.
2. Who is Jim Hoyt?
(a) Bike shop owner and mentor.
(b) Triathlon coach.
(c) Manager and uncle.
(d) Swim teacher.
3. Why is Lance sent to see a urologist, Dr. Jim Reeves?
(a) His symptoms are confusing.
(b) He has a urinary tract infection.
(c) He has an inflamed testicle.
(d) He may have a broken pelvis.
4. How does young Lance do in the Ironkids competition he enters?
(a) Comes in fifth place.
(b) Injures himself and must quit.
(d) Comes in last.
5. What are the chances that Lance will survive his cancer?
(a) Very high.
(b) It is practically assured.
(d) Extremely low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lance's mother do while raising him?
2. How serious is Lance's cancer?
3. Who is Linda Mooneyham?
4. The triathlons that Lance does extremely well in combines which three sports?
5. Why does Lance ignore his body's symptoms?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)