|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Start Line.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport does young Lance succeed at on his first try?
2. What personal obstacles do Kik and Lance need to overcome to become parents?
(a) Both fail background checks.
(b) Kik is afraid to have children.
(c) Cancer treatments have left Lance sterile.
(d) Lance is too busy with his career to raise a family.
3. In addition to entering triathlons, what else does young Lance enter?
(a) Dance contests.
(b) Skateboard competitions.
(c) 10K races.
(d) Tennis matches.
4. Lance stops speaking with Jim Hoyt after the man takes away his:
5. Despite doctors' orders, what does Lance accomplish after being hit by a car?
(a) Places third in a triathlon.
(b) Completes a charity bike race.
(c) Gets a new bike.
(d) Mends a fracture in record time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Before and After," what concern does Lance express regarding his mother?
2. Who is Rick Parker?
3. How does Lance react when he learns he has cancer?
4. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
5. How does Lance regard his biological father?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)