|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Cereal Box.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lance races with the U.S. National Team in 1991, he is not sure whether to win or let a competitor win. He calls his mother for advice and she says:
(a) She doesn't know how to counsel him.
(b) He should be a gracious competitor and let the other team win.
(c) He should ask his coach.
(d) He should win if he can.
2. Who is Kik?
(a) The woman Lance marries.
(b) Lance's manager.
(c) The doctor who tells Lance his prognosis.
(d) Lance's chemotherapy nurse.
3. Why does Lance hold a press conference near the start of his cancer treatments?
(a) Too many false rumors have been flying around.
(b) His cycling contract mandates that he do this.
(c) To assure the world he is fine and will race as planned.
(d) To let the world know he has cancer and won't be racing.
4. In the midst of celebrating Lance's Tour de France victory, what do Kik and Lance focus on?
(a) Their mounting debt.
(b) The upcoming birth of their baby.
(c) Problems in their relationship.
(d) Their Hawaiian vacation.
5. What is Cofidis?
(a) Lance's health insurance company.
(b) The garment company that sponsors Lance.
(c) An advertising and PR agency.
(d) The team Lance rides with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about his cancer "makes it personal?"
2. How does Lance regard his biological father?
3. How does Lance's body feel after he completes a chemotherapy cycle?
4. Lance notes that in addition to being rough and dangerous, training for cycling races require:
5. Where in Texas does Lance spend his teen and preteen years?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)