|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bad to Worse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lance's primary concern when he first learns he has cancer?
(a) His career.
(b) His debt.
(c) His life.
(d) His image.
2. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
(a) To pace himself.
(b) To not eat before a race.
(c) To wear sunscreen.
(d) To ignore the crowds.
3. How does Dr. Steven Wolf encourage Lance?
(a) By reminding him that he has many treatment options.
(b) By asking him for an autograph.
(c) By assuring him he'll live.
(d) By offering him painkilling herbs.
4. What does Lance accomplish at the age of twenty-one at the Tour de France?
(a) Becomes the first American to enter the race.
(b) Breaks five speed records.
(c) Wins his first stage.
(d) Is the youngest racer ever.
5. Who is Jim Hoyt?
(a) Bike shop owner and mentor.
(b) Swim teacher.
(c) Manager and uncle.
(d) Triathlon coach.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the World Championships in Norway, Lance becomes the:
2. Despite doctors' orders, what does Lance accomplish after being hit by a car?
3. Who is Dr. Steven Wolf?
4. Why won't Motorola pay for Lance's treatments?
5. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)