|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Kik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Lance's mother when she gives birth to him?
2. Why does Lance hold a press conference near the start of his cancer treatments?
(a) To assure the world he is fine and will race as planned.
(b) Too many false rumors have been flying around.
(c) His cycling contract mandates that he do this.
(d) To let the world know he has cancer and won't be racing.
3. What advice from coaches does Lance fail to listen to early in his career?
(a) To ignore the crowds.
(b) To not eat before a race.
(c) To wear sunscreen.
(d) To pace himself.
4. At the same time that Lance competes internationally with the U.S. National Team, he competes domestically for:
(d) Radio Shack.
5. Why is Lance's insurance denied?
(a) His cancer is considered a pre-existing condition.
(b) He failed to fill out the right forms.
(c) He hasn't been making his premium payments.
(d) His insurance company has gone bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an MRI reveal to Lance's doctors?
2. In the "Kik" chapter, what does Lance pour his time and energy into?
3. Near the end of the chapter "Bad to Worse," what do doctors begin to fear prior to Lance starting chemotherapy?
4. Who is Linda Mooneyham?
5. When Lance runs a red light on his bike, is hit by a car, and is treated at the hospital, what do doctors say?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)